Video Game Henchmen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're cheap and expendable.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

World Without Online Gaming

Go down 
+5
VGH_Jacob
VGH_Evan
Forgotten_Gamer
shivertimbermike
Superdave513
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Superdave513
DONATOR
DONATOR
Superdave513

World Without Online Gaming Empty
PostSubject: World Without Online Gaming   World Without Online Gaming EmptySat 26 Jun 2010, 4:24 am

How do you think the world would be if there were no online gaming. As of now, online gaming is revolutionary.
Back to top Go down
shivertimbermike
shivertimbermike

PostSubject: Re: World Without Online Gaming   World Without Online Gaming EmptySat 26 Jun 2010, 4:51 am

Boring as hell, but people would be more productive. Also, there would be more good RPG's out there to play. Sad
Back to top Go down
Forgotten_Gamer
Forgotten_Gamer

PostSubject: Re: World Without Online Gaming   World Without Online Gaming EmptySat 26 Jun 2010, 9:21 am

Everybody would spend less time on their consoles and more time playing outside or doing something creative. But, who needs to go outside when there is the Wii fit, Move, and Kenect.
Back to top Go down
shivertimbermike
shivertimbermike

PostSubject: Re: World Without Online Gaming   World Without Online Gaming EmptySat 26 Jun 2010, 10:34 am

True true true. I guess video games are doing something right by making people lose weight.
Back to top Go down
VGH_Evan
Administrator
Administrator
VGH_Evan

PostSubject: Re: World Without Online Gaming   World Without Online Gaming EmptySat 26 Jun 2010, 11:05 am

Well without online gaming I wouldn't know the rest of the VGH Admins. Besides gaming I think online gaming as evolved from much more then just a way to play multiplayer anytime. It has become a medium for social interaction for friends and a source of information for all of us, for example the new xbox dashboard has a wealth of information about new games and new products coming out.
Back to top Go down
VGH_Jacob
Administrator
Administrator
VGH_Jacob

PostSubject: Re: World Without Online Gaming   World Without Online Gaming EmptySat 26 Jun 2010, 11:24 am

In one aspect I agree with shiver, I think the video game world would be more boring. I can remember back in the day when there really was no online for me. My friends would come over and play Super Smash Bros. and Jet Force Gemini, I was a big Nintendo kid growing up, and then we would go outside and play manhunt or something.

Once I was introduced to Xbox Live, I was immediately hooked. My friends and I could hang out and go to a movie, and then once we got home, play a few games of Left 4 Dead or just talk about the movie we had seen in Party Chat. The convenience of online play is what hooked me and through Xbox Live I've met some great people. Like Evan said, it has basically become another means for me to communicate with my friends, a video game Facebook, if you will.

However, Forgotten brings up the one downside, and that is that with online gaming people now spend less time outside, myself included. I have to give the companies credit for trying to stimulate physical activity with Wii Fit and Wii Sports but nothing really compares to getting out in the sun and doing some traditional exercise. I think you just have to step back and tell yourself, "Its just a game," and that sometimes you need to take a break and just relax outside.

The way I see it, online is one of the best things to happen to gaming. Sure it has some downsides, but I think that the benefits greatly outweigh them, and it has certainly given me some of the best gaming experiences I've ever had. Whether it be surviving the zombie apocalypse with my friends or wrangling bears out onto a bridge in Red Dead Redemption, I wouldn't trade my Xbox Live for the world.[left]
Back to top Go down
http://www.videogamehenchmen.com/
FightingCanucks
Rookie Member
Rookie Member
FightingCanucks

PostSubject: Re: World Without Online Gaming   World Without Online Gaming EmptySat 26 Jun 2010, 6:51 pm

I guess, the whole point of online gaming seems to enhance video games. Because this is actually one reason the video game industry is making a lot of money due to their online capabilities and the idea of competition with other people from all over the world but back then life was simple and people were only limited to the friends on their neighborhood.
Back to top Go down
RawlerBrawler
DONATOR
DONATOR
RawlerBrawler

PostSubject: Re: World Without Online Gaming   World Without Online Gaming EmptySat 26 Jun 2010, 7:25 pm

Online gaming is almost a hobby as any other sport out there. They even hosts competitions just for peoples skill to use strategy and tactics. I guess...living the generation of online gamers tends to make you leading more towards the positive aspects of having online capabilities. Plus, like Jacob says it's like Videogame Facebook.
Back to top Go down
Forgotten_Gamer
Forgotten_Gamer

PostSubject: Re: World Without Online Gaming   World Without Online Gaming EmptySat 26 Jun 2010, 7:42 pm

I wonder if there is a step above this online gaming capabilities...with all this 3D stuff maybe it will become virtual reality 3-D gaming.
Back to top Go down
Rob_Keyes
DONATOR
DONATOR
Rob_Keyes

PostSubject: Re: World Without Online Gaming   World Without Online Gaming EmptySat 26 Jun 2010, 8:10 pm

Without online gaming, the world would be black and white.
Back to top Go down
VGH_Lance
Administrator
Administrator
VGH_Lance

PostSubject: Re: World Without Online Gaming   World Without Online Gaming EmptySat 26 Jun 2010, 9:45 pm

Online gaming is that extra "umph" video game companies have to keep their consoles from actually dying off the market.
Back to top Go down
http://videogamehenchmen.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World Without Online Gaming   World Without Online Gaming Empty

Back to top Go down

World Without Online Gaming
Page 1 of 1