Video Game Henchmen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're cheap and expendable.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Left 4 Dead 1 & 2

Go down 
+3
Forgotten_Gamer
Jake_is_better_than_DIA
Left4DeadFan
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Left4DeadFan
Left4DeadFan

Left 4 Dead 1 & 2 Empty
PostSubject: Left 4 Dead 1 & 2   Left 4 Dead 1 & 2 EmptyThu 29 Jul 2010, 10:56 pm

So, I have heard a lot of different things regarding Left 4 Dead and team work/cooperation and all that stuff. I want to know what VGH does to stay alive and win team versus. What are your techniques? and tips to the new gamers who keep failing at Left 4 Dead.
Back to top Go down
Jake_is_better_than_DIA
Unranked
Unranked
Jake_is_better_than_DIA

Left 4 Dead 1 & 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left 4 Dead 1 & 2   Left 4 Dead 1 & 2 EmptyFri 30 Jul 2010, 12:53 am

Well when the group of us really played L4D1, we didn't really plan anything. We just talked about random shit, and occasionally plotted things. Normally, unless you're facing real good people, all you need to do is take advantage of a teammate's actions. Your boomer friend just got all but one survivor? Smoker him into a hallway. A dumbass hunter random-jumps on a group of survivors? Take the opportunity to boomer the whole group while they're trying to get the hunter. Basically:

A) Play with your friends
B) If not, do what I said above. You may not win, but you'll do better. Because even if your teammates don't have mics, all you need to do is react to what they do.

EDIT: As for L4D2, I didn't like it as much, so I don't know as much about it as the others would :P
Back to top Go down
Forgotten_Gamer
Forgotten_Gamer

Left 4 Dead 1 & 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left 4 Dead 1 & 2   Left 4 Dead 1 & 2 EmptyFri 30 Jul 2010, 1:40 pm

Never run by yourself, and make sure you close all the doors behind you.

Oh, and don't leave a team mate by themselves. Most people just rush off leaving people and that's why they lose.
Back to top Go down
VGH_Evan
Administrator
Administrator
VGH_Evan

Left 4 Dead 1 & 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left 4 Dead 1 & 2   Left 4 Dead 1 & 2 EmptyFri 30 Jul 2010, 1:51 pm

There's 2 philosophies: Either stay together, or initiate a maverick run. A maverick run is just keeping moving forward and don't look back. Even when staying together, it is vital that you never stop in one place for too long because you will get destroyed if you do.
Back to top Go down
Evil Kupo
Unranked
Unranked
Evil Kupo

Left 4 Dead 1 & 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left 4 Dead 1 & 2   Left 4 Dead 1 & 2 EmptyFri 30 Jul 2010, 2:01 pm

Maverick runs are usually a good idea but if someone gets slowed down by zombies or dragged away by a Jockey, the best way is for all of the party members to go back and save the person. The Left 4 Dead versus matches are heavily influenced by cooperation and team work, and winners are usually successful when all 4 players are doing the job. There are 3 infected that could incapacitate or stop a player on their tracks: the charger, the hunter, and the smoker. (excluding the witch.) With this said, players need to stick together and watch each others backs, if people just run and leave other players behind it's useless to even bother caring about that game which then I would find it reasonable for people to rage quit.

Keep in mind! The golden rule: "Stick together."
Back to top Go down
RawlerBrawler
DONATOR
DONATOR
RawlerBrawler

Left 4 Dead 1 & 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left 4 Dead 1 & 2   Left 4 Dead 1 & 2 EmptySat 31 Jul 2010, 10:48 am

If all else fails, run as far as you can!
Back to top Go down
Epic Fail Guy
Epic Fail Guy

Left 4 Dead 1 & 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left 4 Dead 1 & 2   Left 4 Dead 1 & 2 EmptySun 01 Aug 2010, 8:47 pm

quickly move together as a team, you definitely do not want to stay in the same place for too long otherwise you will just keep getting pounded by special infected.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Left 4 Dead 1 & 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left 4 Dead 1 & 2   Left 4 Dead 1 & 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Left 4 Dead 1 & 2
Page 1 of 1