Video Game Henchmen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're cheap and expendable.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Old School Gamer Needs Crash Course in New Stuff

Go down 
+2
VGH_Jacob
TriggerLPBDT
6 posters
AuthorMessage
TriggerLPBDT
Unranked
Unranked
TriggerLPBDT

Old School Gamer Needs Crash Course in New Stuff Empty
PostSubject: Old School Gamer Needs Crash Course in New Stuff   Old School Gamer Needs Crash Course in New Stuff EmptyFri 30 Jul 2010, 6:42 pm

Hey guys,

My name is Jason, nice to meet you. My favorite games right now are Yoshi's Island DS, Sonic Rush Adventure, and Mario Kart DS.

You may have already guessed that I acquired my taste for games around the time we said goodbye to the 80's. Super Mario World was about the greatest thing to ever happen to me—I actually cried when I unwrapped my Super Nintendo that Christmas morning back in 1991. How did my grandparents know?? May they rest in peace.

Anyway, I have a problem I can probably solve by hanging out here. I work at Target on the overnight logistics team, and specifically I receive all the electronics and entertainment. It seems all the guys on the flow team (the people who visit every aisle and leave cardboard boxes in their wake) want to always talk to me about video games. The problem is, until my mom and girlfriend got me the DS my most recent system was a Nintendo 64. I need to at least be able to intelligently discuss Rock Band, Spore, and whatever else is big at the moment.

Actually, I have a question right off the bat... does every game come out for both the PlayStation 2 and PlayStation 3?? My stock room is full of the same title for both systems. Also, call me crazy, but it seems like the PlayStation 2 is still more popular (just going by what leaves the shelves soonest).

Besides playing classic video games I enjoy reading news magazines, playing with my pets, and... I don't know... eating delicious food! Who doesn't?

Now I'm going to explore the forums. Talk to you soon!

Jason
Back to top Go down
VGH_Jacob
Administrator
Administrator
VGH_Jacob

PostSubject: Re: Old School Gamer Needs Crash Course in New Stuff   Old School Gamer Needs Crash Course in New Stuff EmptyFri 30 Jul 2010, 6:49 pm

Hey Jason, welcome to the forums! Very Happy
I think you've come to the right place to talk about video games, feel free to ask away.
To answer your question, no, usually if a game comes out saying exclusive to the PS3 it's not gonna be out on the PS2. Games like Uncharted 2, God of War 3 and Metal Gear Solid 4 are too much for the PS2 to handle. However, they are still making games for the PS2, but I think they're starting to phase those out, but yeah it does seem like the PS2 still sells like crazy even with the PS3 out, I guess that's just the consumer buying the cheaper of the 2 maybe thinking that they're not that different, when in actuality they really are. Hope that helps, and look forward to hearing more from you1
Back to top Go down
http://www.videogamehenchmen.com/
VGH_Lance
Administrator
Administrator
VGH_Lance

PostSubject: Re: Old School Gamer Needs Crash Course in New Stuff   Old School Gamer Needs Crash Course in New Stuff EmptyFri 30 Jul 2010, 6:50 pm

A lot of developers still publish for the PS2 because of the immense install base that it has. The transition from PS2 to PS3 is proving to be extremely gradual for the majority of consumers, for whatever reasons.
Back to top Go down
http://videogamehenchmen.com
Forgotten_Gamer
Forgotten_Gamer

PostSubject: Re: Old School Gamer Needs Crash Course in New Stuff   Old School Gamer Needs Crash Course in New Stuff EmptyFri 30 Jul 2010, 6:59 pm

No matter what your problem is Jason, you can count on the forums to try and solve it! Feel at home brah.
Back to top Go down
RawlerBrawler
DONATOR
DONATOR
RawlerBrawler

PostSubject: Re: Old School Gamer Needs Crash Course in New Stuff   Old School Gamer Needs Crash Course in New Stuff EmptySat 31 Jul 2010, 10:06 am

Dude, get with the times Very Happy Tell your MOM/GF to buy you a 360. I'll teach you how to play Halo Razz

Welcome to the forums though Wink
Back to top Go down
VGH_David
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Old School Gamer Needs Crash Course in New Stuff   Old School Gamer Needs Crash Course in New Stuff EmptySat 31 Jul 2010, 11:51 pm

Hello.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old School Gamer Needs Crash Course in New Stuff   Old School Gamer Needs Crash Course in New Stuff Empty

Back to top Go down

Old School Gamer Needs Crash Course in New Stuff
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Video Game Henchmen :: Welcome Section :: Introduce Yourself-
Jump to: