Video Game Henchmen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're cheap and expendable.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Xbox Live Connection Speed

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
GamblerGoneWild
Unranked
Unranked

Xbox Live Connection Speed Empty
PostSubject: Xbox Live Connection Speed   Xbox Live Connection Speed EmptyMon 02 Aug 2010, 2:57 pm

Hello all, Im new to the forums, and currently have an xbox slim being
shipped right now. This is my internet speed, and currently the fastest i
can get here. Is this good enough to run a stable connection with xbox
live? thanks.

Xbox Live Connection Speed 897308732
Back to top Go down
Superdave513
DONATOR
DONATOR
Superdave513

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Live Connection Speed   Xbox Live Connection Speed EmptyMon 02 Aug 2010, 2:58 pm

no that is a really bad ping and you'll lag alot you need to get that ping down and get a faster download speed
Back to top Go down
VGH_Lance
Administrator
Administrator
VGH_Lance

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Live Connection Speed   Xbox Live Connection Speed EmptyMon 02 Aug 2010, 3:00 pm

The speed should be alright, but dont bother trying to host with that upload rate. the ping is high, so you might find some lag.

You can try cleaning the tips of your cable line (if its cable), removing any splitters and running a solid line from the drop to the modem, and placing all the networking equiptment away from other electronics.

On another note, I used to deal with a 1mb/256k cable connection. My ping was usually around 30-60ms, and it ran good. I didnt host, but I could play fine. People using the computer would make me lag sometimes, but if your just playing online with it...it should work fine, less the ping issue.
Back to top Go down
http://videogamehenchmen.com
VGH_Jacob
Administrator
Administrator
VGH_Jacob

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Live Connection Speed   Xbox Live Connection Speed EmptyMon 02 Aug 2010, 3:03 pm

That should be enough. Xbox Live requires I think 64 Kb/s. Your download speed is good, but your upload speed is pretty low. I wouldn't plan on hosting any games, however, as it might be pretty laggy for other player, but you should be able to play fine over Xbox Live. Hope that helps and welcome to the forums!
Back to top Go down
http://www.videogamehenchmen.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Live Connection Speed   Xbox Live Connection Speed Empty

Back to top Go down

Xbox Live Connection Speed
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Video Game Henchmen :: Platform Exclusive Forums :: Xbox 360 Hardware / Media / Online-
Jump to: