Video Game Henchmen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're cheap and expendable.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Valve Set To Release Another Team Fortress 2 Update Next Month

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BETWEENTHELINES
Unranked
Unranked

Valve Set To Release Another Team Fortress 2 Update Next Month  Empty
PostSubject: Valve Set To Release Another Team Fortress 2 Update Next Month    Valve Set To Release Another Team Fortress 2 Update Next Month  EmptyFri 13 Aug 2010, 11:42 pm

Valve still isn't done with Team Fortress 2. Having now completed an update for each class in the team-based shooter, it's now poised to release a grander update that adds in item-trading, more weapons and hats, and even a new game mode to the PC version of the game.

According to PC Gamer, said new items will come from the Polycount contest, which was a competition Valve set up challenging the Polycount community to come up with themed sets for each class in the game. The submissions were evidently creative enough to be dropped in the game proper, and as you'll notice come next month when this patch hits, the items' attributes will be up to snuff with the developer's own stuff in the game.

"…We definitely have lowballed those in the past, in that we’ve chosen something that’s more underpowered than overpowered, because we can just make it a little better later," Valve's Robin Walker explained to PC Gamer. "The Polycount items have had a lot more time on them as a whole, so, we’re doing more interesting stuff there than in general we have with the other items.”

Valve Set To Release Another Team Fortress 2 Update Next Month  1465323-saharanspy_super

Walker said a special "surprise" pack from the Polycount contest would be included in the update as well. He didn't tease the nature of this surprise, nor did he have much to share about the new game mode. Walker said Valve would start talking about it when Valve figures out how to talk about it.

Fair enough. I figure the least we can do to reimburse Valve for all the free content we've devoured is by being patient for a few more weeks.
Back to top Go down
XboxLuke540
Rookie Member
Rookie Member
XboxLuke540

PostSubject: Re: Valve Set To Release Another Team Fortress 2 Update Next Month    Valve Set To Release Another Team Fortress 2 Update Next Month  EmptyFri 13 Aug 2010, 11:51 pm

Dammit, stop updating this game. The more things they change, the angrier I get. This game was perfectly balanced upon release! Just release more maps, not these new items and shit. They already ruined joining other people's games for me by adding those stupid class limits on the 360, now you're telling me they're going to change the balance of the PC version even MORE? Jeez, I really hope they drop the ball on bringing this content to the 360 version, or else I just won't be playing TF2 anymore.
Back to top Go down
Joemama
Rookie Member
Rookie Member
Joemama

PostSubject: Re: Valve Set To Release Another Team Fortress 2 Update Next Month    Valve Set To Release Another Team Fortress 2 Update Next Month  EmptySat 14 Aug 2010, 12:32 am

XboxLuke540 wrote:
Dammit, stop updating this game. The more things they change, the angrier I get. This game was perfectly balanced upon release! Just release more maps, not these new items and shit. They already ruined joining other people's games for me by adding those stupid class limits on the 360, now you're telling me they're going to change the balance of the PC version even MORE? Jeez, I really hope they drop the ball on bringing this content to the 360 version, or else I just won't be playing TF2 anymore.

I disagree about the game being perfectly balanced upon release. And they do release new maps. It's just a handful at a time, but in the 3 years since the game's come out the amount of maps has multiplied quite a few times over.

Team Fortress 2 is now practically Team Fortress 3 in terms of the amount of content, features, and balance changes they've added and made. Any other company would have sold this as tons of DLC or as a whole new "sequel."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Valve Set To Release Another Team Fortress 2 Update Next Month    Valve Set To Release Another Team Fortress 2 Update Next Month  Empty

Back to top Go down

Valve Set To Release Another Team Fortress 2 Update Next Month
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Video Game Henchmen :: Platform Exclusive Forums :: PC / MAC Games-
Jump to: