Video Game Henchmen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're cheap and expendable.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is your favorite part of Video Game Henchmen?

Go down 
+9
MenstrualGravy
VGH_Jacob
TheNameAlreadyExists
Left4DeadFan
Superdave513
AnttiApina
XboxLuke540
Claustrophobic Clown
Forgotten_Gamer
13 posters

What is your favorite part?
Henchmen Cast
What is your favorite part of Video Game Henchmen? I_vote_lcap56%What is your favorite part of Video Game Henchmen? I_vote_rcap
 56% [ 10 ]
Community/Forums
What is your favorite part of Video Game Henchmen? I_vote_lcap6%What is your favorite part of Video Game Henchmen? I_vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
Reviews/Previews/News (Editorial Stuff)
What is your favorite part of Video Game Henchmen? I_vote_lcap33%What is your favorite part of Video Game Henchmen? I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 6 ]
Henchmen Sweepstakes
What is your favorite part of Video Game Henchmen? I_vote_lcap0%What is your favorite part of Video Game Henchmen? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Live Feed
What is your favorite part of Video Game Henchmen? I_vote_lcap0%What is your favorite part of Video Game Henchmen? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Others
What is your favorite part of Video Game Henchmen? I_vote_lcap5%What is your favorite part of Video Game Henchmen? I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 18

AuthorMessage
Forgotten_Gamer
Forgotten_Gamer

What is your favorite part of Video Game Henchmen? Empty
PostSubject: What is your favorite part of Video Game Henchmen?   What is your favorite part of Video Game Henchmen? EmptyMon 16 Aug 2010, 6:23 pm

Pretty straight forward, what do you guys enjoy about VGH?
Back to top Go down
Claustrophobic Clown
Rookie Member
Rookie Member
Claustrophobic Clown

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite part of Video Game Henchmen?   What is your favorite part of Video Game Henchmen? EmptyMon 16 Aug 2010, 6:27 pm

The HenchmanCast. It's miles ahead everything else.
Back to top Go down
XboxLuke540
Rookie Member
Rookie Member
XboxLuke540

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite part of Video Game Henchmen?   What is your favorite part of Video Game Henchmen? EmptyMon 16 Aug 2010, 6:50 pm

Henchman Cast brought me here, and it's probably the best thing about this site. Next to the reviews and news. I don't know much about the live feed to vote on it :-\. Sorry!
Back to top Go down
AnttiApina
Rookie Member
Rookie Member
AnttiApina

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite part of Video Game Henchmen?   What is your favorite part of Video Game Henchmen? EmptyMon 16 Aug 2010, 7:04 pm

The community and the Henchman Cast, along with everything else the site has to offer, should not be looked over though.
Back to top Go down
Superdave513
DONATOR
DONATOR
Superdave513

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite part of Video Game Henchmen?   What is your favorite part of Video Game Henchmen? EmptyMon 16 Aug 2010, 7:15 pm

I put the Henchman Cast.

Interestingly enough though, I have been coming to this site since June (first time introduced to the podcast) and while fooling around with the blog, news, forums and reviews I really have not fully explored the real content of VGH which is their crew <3.

I mean this is just crazy funny, legendary and whatever epic words you could use to describe it.
Back to top Go down
Left4DeadFan
Left4DeadFan

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite part of Video Game Henchmen?   What is your favorite part of Video Game Henchmen? EmptyMon 16 Aug 2010, 7:24 pm

The Staff.
Back to top Go down
TheNameAlreadyExists
Unranked
Unranked
TheNameAlreadyExists

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite part of Video Game Henchmen?   What is your favorite part of Video Game Henchmen? EmptyMon 16 Aug 2010, 7:37 pm

I selected Henchman Cast as my favorite, but in reality I enjoy all of VGH's original content to a significant degree. I think it all brings a lot to the site, as well as to the gaming enthusiasm as a profession. The close-and-personal stuff at Lance's dinner table helps bring the staff down to a very personal level for their audience.

My second most favorite feature within VGH is the editorial reviews. As an aspiring gaming journalist (I know; who doesn't want to write about games for a living these days?) it's always a pleasure to take in Jacob, John, Lance, Evan and David's independent and unique critical voices on everything they play. It's unfortunate that there haven't been nearly as many reviews on the site lately. The summer gaming drought doesn't do nearly as much to impede my actual gaming as it does to crush my professional interests here.

On the flip-side I have a couple of complaints with the website at first, but thanks to Lance it has been resolved...but before the first major issue is the general design; it lacks style and needs a serious update. I can't criticize just one aspect of how it looks. There are a lot of problems and they need to be addressed sometime soon. Second, this one has not yet been done but the Wiki is empty.

My third and final complaint is the "news." In the past VGH reported on stuff that matters to the four (five?) of them. Now we've got some dudes regurgitating the same articles that myself and everyone else intimate enough with the medium to be reading this stuff already gets from Kotaku, or preferably Joystiq.

These are just critiques and not ment to be taken as offense. I just want to see this site flourish.

You guys are on the right way but you have a lot of competition so just a little advice.
Back to top Go down
VGH_Jacob
Administrator
Administrator
VGH_Jacob

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite part of Video Game Henchmen?   What is your favorite part of Video Game Henchmen? EmptyMon 16 Aug 2010, 8:04 pm

Thanks for all of the great words of encouragement guys. I have a couple questions for TheNameAlreadyExists. I appreciate all of the kind and criticizing words, but I'm confused on a couple things. Do you feel the new website still has problems with the design? If so, what are they, and how can we improve them. The next thing, by "news," I'm not sure what you mean. I speak for all of the guys when I say that we are still writing about what we think is interesting, whether it be the new Bioshock Infinite or Call of Duty announcement. I'm just wondering if you mean that we need to bring back certain things like Gaming Headlines, any advice would be greatly appreciated. Like I said though, no offense taken and I appreciate all the criticism and advice, because that's the only way to get better. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.videogamehenchmen.com/
MenstrualGravy
Unranked
Unranked
MenstrualGravy

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite part of Video Game Henchmen?   What is your favorite part of Video Game Henchmen? EmptyMon 16 Aug 2010, 8:14 pm

TheNameAlreadyExists wrote:
I selected Henchman Cast as my favorite, but in reality I enjoy all of VGH's original content to a significant degree. I think it all brings a lot to the site, as well as to the gaming enthusiasm as a profession. The close-and-personal stuff at Lance's dinner table helps bring the staff down to a very personal level for their audience.

My second most favorite feature within VGH is the editorial reviews. As an aspiring gaming journalist (I know; who doesn't want to write about games for a living these days?) it's always a pleasure to take in Jacob, John, Lance, Evan and David's independent and unique critical voices on everything they play. It's unfortunate that there haven't been nearly as many reviews on the site lately. The summer gaming drought doesn't do nearly as much to impede my actual gaming as it does to crush my professional interests here.

On the flip-side I have a couple of complaints with the website at first, but thanks to Lance it has been resolved...but before the first major issue is the general design; it lacks style and needs a serious update. I can't criticize just one aspect of how it looks. There are a lot of problems and they need to be addressed sometime soon. Second, this one has not yet been done but the Wiki is empty.

My third and final complaint is the "news." In the past VGH reported on stuff that matters to the four (five?) of them. Now we've got some dudes regurgitating the same articles that myself and everyone else intimate enough with the medium to be reading this stuff already gets from Kotaku, or preferably Joystiq.

These are just critiques and not ment to be taken as offense. I just want to see this site flourish.

You guys are on the right way but you have a lot of competition so just a little advice.

Party Pooper. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Death by Kuvasz
Unranked
Unranked
Death by Kuvasz

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite part of Video Game Henchmen?   What is your favorite part of Video Game Henchmen? EmptyMon 16 Aug 2010, 8:45 pm

I actually like the news, because it's translated into a more common terms rather than industrial plus it seems like these guys are hardworking so give them a break.
Back to top Go down
Forgotten_Gamer
Forgotten_Gamer

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite part of Video Game Henchmen?   What is your favorite part of Video Game Henchmen? EmptyMon 13 Sep 2010, 12:20 am

Now, I want to make this thread a topic that people use because it's what improves VGH a lot and where to focus their energy and time to actually please the community so if you guys have a chance please give them some feedback!
Back to top Go down
shivertimbermike
shivertimbermike

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite part of Video Game Henchmen?   What is your favorite part of Video Game Henchmen? EmptyMon 13 Sep 2010, 1:10 am

Well, my favorite part about VGH is pretty much the podcast and the articles they put up. There is something about it that most other sites forget to put in theirs which is originality as well as a personality. I enjoy reading it everyday, and the news VGH put up is actually meaningful and at times affecting me in the long run. So keep up the good work guys!
Back to top Go down
BlackKnight
BlackKnight

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite part of Video Game Henchmen?   What is your favorite part of Video Game Henchmen? EmptyMon 13 Sep 2010, 2:07 am

I really enjoy the Henchman Cast, it never seizes to make me smile everytime I listen to it. It's funny cause usually after the end of the podcast I feel that it was too short and I want some more. Which is a good thing Smile
Back to top Go down
Green_Dominator
Unranked
Unranked
Green_Dominator

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite part of Video Game Henchmen?   What is your favorite part of Video Game Henchmen? EmptySat 25 Sep 2010, 7:28 pm

I really enjoy the articles you guys post up. I mean, compared to all the big game companies out there you guys just put it in an average joe (like me) kinda language rather than get it all complicated and make me look dumb for not knowing a certain fact about the game. Plus, It's hilarious most of the time!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite part of Video Game Henchmen?   What is your favorite part of Video Game Henchmen? Empty

Back to top Go down

What is your favorite part of Video Game Henchmen?
Page 1 of 1