Share | 

Anybody Getting PS Move?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
FightingCanucks
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

PostSubject: Anybody Getting PS Move?   Mon 13 Sep 2010, 1:21 am

So, with the release of PS Move in the US with less than 3 more days left till it releases.

Who here is gonna get it?
Back to top Go down
Rob_Keyes
DONATOR
DONATOR

PostSubject: Re: Anybody Getting PS Move?   Mon 13 Sep 2010, 1:50 am

Maybe, if time permits and money allows.

I feel like they picked the most dates to shove everything all together in a week.
But hey, they are testing waters for those "hardcore" fans of the consoles. right?
Back to top Go down
Obasanjo
Unranked
Unranked

PostSubject: Re: Anybody Getting PS Move?   Sun 10 Oct 2010, 11:05 pm

K, so I've just spent an hour with my new Move controllers.

Played a few rounds of Gladiator fight on Sports champions and a quick round of each of the other sports and a really quick run through the tumble tutorial.

My gawd. This shit is awesomesauce!!! Gladiator fight is brilliant! The other sports seem really cool too, but GF is, OMG wow.

This really isn't anything like a Wiimote, the way the sword on the screen follows your hand is eerie, but fantastic. I literally sat for 5 minutes watching my table tennis paddle follow my hand doing shapes and shit.

Archery was exactly as you would expect from a control scheme that's similar to the wii but far better, the smallest movements effect your on screen character and it's almost scary how accurate it is!
Back to top Go down
ToddyLingus
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

PostSubject: Re: Anybody Getting PS Move?   Sun 10 Oct 2010, 11:06 pm

I think the tech for Move is awesome, but none of the launch games interest me. Maybe when Killzone 3 comes out I'll consider picking up Move.
Back to top Go down
asdfghjkl
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

PostSubject: Re: Anybody Getting PS Move?   Sun 10 Oct 2010, 11:07 pm

Yeah I've gotta agree, there kinda isn't many Move specific games out right now.

Sports Champs is fucking awesome, but apart from that, it's all a bit meh, till October and November. (THE FIGHT! Can't wait)

However, the games with optional Move support are really cool! I've been playing MAG beta and RUSE and the Heavy Rain demo and can safely say that once it picks up a bit of pace, Move support is going to be awesome.

Killzone and Socom are going to be the biggies. Oh and Dead Space 2! Oh and Gran Turismo has Move support apparently, I wonder if there'll be a wheel to slot your move controller into?
Back to top Go down
VGH_Evan
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Anybody Getting PS Move?   Mon 11 Oct 2010, 12:23 am

If Dead Space 2 will be like anything control wise like RE4 on the Wii, it will be fantastic.

Lobster Milkshake
Unranked
Unranked

PostSubject: Re: Anybody Getting PS Move?   Mon 11 Oct 2010, 9:51 am

This game coming out looks pretty legit.
Back to top Go down
Superdave513
DONATOR
DONATOR

PostSubject: Re: Anybody Getting PS Move?   Mon 11 Oct 2010, 8:37 pm

Oh man, those tribal tattoo's are just too intense.

PostSubject: Re: Anybody Getting PS Move?   Sat 01 Jan 2011, 10:38 pm

For those who don't know, Sony lost a lawsuit in which they claimed that Nintendo had stolen their motion sensor technology. The Move is far more sensitive and advanced than the wii motion plus.

How you ask? Well, the original wii-motes were basically a step above infared, making it kind of basic and toy like. The Wii motion plus has a built in gyroscope for improved moment and the ability to turn the wii-mote at the flick or turn of the wrist.

The PS3 uses this wii motion plus technology, but that gay looking ball on the top of your move motion controller is a tracker for the camera, which is the main reason it does better in bright rooms than the Kinect.

On top of that, the motion controller also carries a compass that is connected to the PS3 and constantly keeps it informed every second (takes the wii 3 seconds).

That being said, I tend to lean towards Sony products and I will still admit that the kinect is far more innovative, entertaining, and revolutionary than its two competitors.
Back to top Go down
Zombie Toast

PostSubject: Re: Anybody Getting PS Move?   Sat 01 Jan 2011, 10:59 pm

I actually got the Move for christmas and it is actually pretty sweet and more than what it seems to be. Although the camera is really shitty and I hate it, it still works pretty efficiently half the time. I just hope they improve some stuff as it goes by and the titles that will come out is good.
Back to top Go down
VGH_Jacob
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Anybody Getting PS Move?   Sat 01 Jan 2011, 11:35 pm

Same here. I got Move for Christmas and I am really impressed by the technology, even in my cramped room. I'm reserving judgment for when I actually get a legit title, other than Sports Champions, in my hands, but right now consider me impressed.

Back to top Go down
http://www.videogamehenchmen.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anybody Getting PS Move?   

Back to top Go down

Anybody Getting PS Move?
Page 1 of 1