Video Game Henchmen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're cheap and expendable.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 11

Go down 
+7
SirJames
shivertimbermike
Venusflywap
RawlerBrawler
Forgotten_Gamer
Zombie Toast
Superdave513
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Superdave513
DONATOR
DONATOR
Superdave513

Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 11 Empty
PostSubject: Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 11    Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 11 EmptySat 18 Sep 2010, 12:23 pm

First time questioners, Please read:

This is the thread for people to post their questions to the guys of the podcast. The questions can be anything!

PLEASE READ ALL OTHER QUESTIONS IN THE THREAD BEFORE ASKING YOURS TO MAKE SURE SOMEONE ELSE HASN'T ALREADY ASKED IT.
Back to top Go down
Zombie Toast
Zombie Toast

PostSubject: Re: Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 11    Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 11 EmptySat 18 Sep 2010, 5:18 pm

Because of the recent addition of Zombies to the Yakuza series (which i believe will work well) i have been thinking, what mechanic or concept have you noticed to be a last attempt in a game to make it loved. E.G The addition of zombies to a game or introducing the abillity to have a jetpack simply to try and make the game sell.
Back to top Go down
Forgotten_Gamer
Forgotten_Gamer

PostSubject: Re: Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 11    Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 11 EmptyMon 20 Sep 2010, 9:14 am

In the new game from the Persona developers, Catherine, sex plays a major role. Do you believe that, as the developers have put it, that the sex is necesarry to show a true, adult relationship?
Back to top Go down
RawlerBrawler
DONATOR
DONATOR
RawlerBrawler

PostSubject: Re: Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 11    Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 11 EmptyMon 20 Sep 2010, 9:26 am

With the news that Valkyria Chronicles is once again on the PSP for the third installment, do you feel as though it staying on the PSP without moving back to the PS3 is justified?
Back to top Go down
Venusflywap
Rookie Member
Rookie Member
Venusflywap

PostSubject: Re: Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 11    Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 11 EmptyMon 20 Sep 2010, 9:27 am

Touchy subject, but I have a serious question that may be a big downer. Ill understand if you want to skip over it.

Recently a close friend of mine was killed in an accident, It got me thinking about about my own life and how much time I have devoted to playing games. Even though they are my main hobby/interest, I haven't been able to pick up a game since. Basically what I'm asking is do you guys ever look back and think about how much of our lives we dedicate to playing games? and how wrapped up we get in the cycle of news, announcements and releases of the gaming industry that we just lose focus and insight on things. Technically this could be said about any activity, its just that gaming is one of the most time consuming mediums.

I mean before I was genuinely concerned and worried about the state of Metroid series and the direction its going in, fast forward 2 weeks and I can't believe I was really hung up on something so fucking stupid.
Back to top Go down
shivertimbermike
shivertimbermike

PostSubject: Re: Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 11    Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 11 EmptyMon 20 Sep 2010, 10:07 am

If Devil May Cry 5: Devil Will Cry fails, considering the new appearance, do you think it will be even lesser than Devil May Cry 2? This is a question that, while is simple Yes or No, I would really like to know.
Back to top Go down
SirJames
Rookie Member
Rookie Member
SirJames

PostSubject: Re: Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 11    Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 11 EmptyMon 20 Sep 2010, 10:41 am

If you could take the OST from any game and put it into another, what would they be?
Back to top Go down
Superdave513
DONATOR
DONATOR
Superdave513

PostSubject: Re: Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 11    Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 11 EmptyWed 22 Sep 2010, 4:09 am

Video Games. We are able to enter worlds and do the impossible with ease, fight against an alien threat, survive a zombie outbreak, play as a nerd who loves moe and wrestling, who bought a light saber off ebay and uses it to kill people.

My question,
Have you ever questioned the absurdity of a game? a moment in a game that made you realize how crazy the game really is?

example: Madworld. I think it was after I shoved a few sign posts through a guys neck and threw him into a grinder that I had to take a step back and realize how much fun I was having just seeing people die in over the top ways. then i fought the bat lady and spanked her through a window and never thought about it again.
Back to top Go down
ToddyLingus
Rookie Member
Rookie Member
ToddyLingus

PostSubject: Re: Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 11    Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 11 EmptyFri 24 Sep 2010, 9:31 am

Question: What effect do you think a service like GameFly has on the sales and revenue generated by developers of "experience" games versus A-list, multiplayer-dependent, DLC-heavy games?

Here's what I mean: a game like 'Shadow of The Colossus' is very much an 'experience'; you can play through it once, bask in it's grandeur and when it's done, there's very little need to revisit it. If it were to be released today, it'd the kind of game that could be GameFly'd or downloaded, played through and cherished without there ever a need of anybody owning it. Conversely, A-list, midnight-release games that are more reliant on their multiplayer and/or DLC are pretty much "must-own" titles because there's no other way to stay updated and in the fray. If a service like GameFly were around in the PS2 era, do you think a game like SOTC would have sold a million copies, or do you think it'd have train run on it? Is there any point of a publisher putting an esoteric 'experience' like SOTC on physical, steel shelves today, or are games of the ilk better off being released on XBLA or PSN?
Back to top Go down
Magnum Force
Magnum Force

PostSubject: Re: Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 11    Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 11 EmptyFri 24 Sep 2010, 10:12 am

Almost every game that's released these days includes a multiplayer mode. I feel that there are too many games out there with multiplayer modes that divide the player base up so much that only the biggest AAA releeases survive the first few months after release, whereas other smaller titles become unplayable not long after release when there just aren't enough people playing that particular game online.

An example would be Halo 3 maintaining a strong player base for 3 years only to be replaced by Halo Reach which will easily adobt that player base. Also Call of Duty is another example.

Do you feel that developers for small or not as popular games such as Singularity or Kane & Lynch 2 should concentrate more on providing a valuable and lengthy single player experience than work on including a multiplayer component that is not as polished as Halo? Think of how great the Fallout 3 experience was, trying to include a multiplayer mode will only work against the singleplayer experience, like I believe it did with Bioshock 2.
Back to top Go down
FairXChange
Rookie Member
Rookie Member
FairXChange

PostSubject: Re: Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 11    Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 11 EmptyFri 24 Sep 2010, 10:13 am

Magnum brought a great subject. Mine is similar yet different at the same time.

Do you think developers shouldn't bother implementing multiplayer as a new addition in a singleplayer franchise because of the staple examples (Halo for example) overshadows them?

Take Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood or Dead Space 2 for example. Their multiplayer is receiving some hype due to the fact that it's new. About 1 or 2 months from then no one will remember both games as a multiplayer experience and gamers will be back to Halo Reach and Black Ops being the most popular. There's no point.
Back to top Go down
Left4DeadFan
Left4DeadFan

PostSubject: Re: Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 11    Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 11 EmptyFri 24 Sep 2010, 10:27 am

What has been your most memorable impulse buy?
A game or game related object.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 11    Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 11
Page 1 of 1