Video Game Henchmen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're cheap and expendable.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What you can do to make VGH even better.

Go down 
+7
VGH_David
Zombie Toast
BlackKnight
Evil Kupo
FairXChange
Superdave513
VGH_Lance
11 posters
AuthorMessage
VGH_Lance
Administrator
Administrator
VGH_Lance

What you can do to make VGH even better. Empty
PostSubject: What you can do to make VGH even better.   What you can do to make VGH even better. EmptySat 18 Sep 2010, 1:12 pm

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone here for being a great part of this website. The community, you guys, are the lifeblood of gaming sites and even more so for smaller outlets like ours. We can bring all the content in the world, but if no one is listening it gets mighty lonely really quick on our end. So first off, thanks guys! Wink (That's my Emmy Award Speech)

At the moment we are a small site, but we are continuously growing. We are currently approaching 20k visitors to our main website, up 10k from just last month ago. We have basically doubled our traffic in a little under 5 months. I'm sure you noticed that we've increased our content, decreased our sleep schedules, and held back our school work quite a bit over that time. You guy's being there has been a large part of that as well.

20k may seem like good numbers for us, but they pale in comparison to the 2.5 million of Destructoid, or the 2.9 million a month of GamesRadar. I won't even look at the IGN or the Gamespot numbers. Its just too depressing.

As we grow, we get better. Having high traffic is a part of making this into something viable as an actual job. The more its viable as a job, the more time we have to bring you guys cool stuff. And that's really the point right? More, and better videos, more podcasts with high productions, more news, more...everything.

There are simple things that community can do to help push us even further, and help to get us to where we want to be.

1) Word of mouth is a powerful thing: Letting your friends know about us, about the wonderful community we have here is a great way to get the word out. If they want honest game writing by a group of guys who actually have 6 different opinions about the game, with interesting/ (odd) personalities? Tell them to come here then.

2) Power of the written word is just as good. On another forum and you mention some news you heard here, or an event going on here, or even a funny story involving VGH? Link back to us and get them to see what we're all about.

3) Power of the Propaganda, and Word word is also there. We have fliers for print-outs and soon to have T-shirts for sale, and thought I personally hate to just come out and say "Buy our shit!" when the time comes it's always an option for those who have a little extra gil.

But really the first 2 are the main ones.

Currently we are planning on our next big move. Our next big update. I can't really give any specifics right now since we're really just in the planning stages, but I can tell you that VGH is on its way toward....something. And, honestly, I'm extremely proud to have you all there taking the trip with us.

Lance G.
Editor-In-Chief
VideoGameHenchmen.com
Back to top Go down
http://videogamehenchmen.com
Superdave513
DONATOR
DONATOR
Superdave513

PostSubject: Re: What you can do to make VGH even better.   What you can do to make VGH even better. EmptySat 18 Sep 2010, 1:33 pm

I've been on the ride of awesomeness that is VGH for almost 5 months now, and I don't plan on getting off the ride anytime soon. You guys have a goal and are pursuing it relentlessly, something I think anyone who visits this site has a great amount of respect for. You guys churn out as much podcasts you can do every week, multiple articles and ask nothing of us in return other than a comment or two every now and then and a rate/review on itunes, which is a very reasonable cost of admission for the level of content provided.

I know you guys do the podcasts and videos because you enjoy them and not necessarily to please the viewers/listeners and that's perfectly acceptable. You guys thank us for visiting and listening and that thanks is well received. As a member of the community I have to say thanks to you guys for putting so much or your heart into it. Other gaming sites are sterile and smell like bleach and impotent men, VGH is alive and smells like friendship and cinnamon rolls and intense gaming scent. I came to VGH because I found the guys and podcasts to be funny. I stayed because I could see the passion you guys possesed for this and I keep coming back because I can't wait to see what you guys have in store.

Good luck on this new update, can't wait to see what it is. Sorry if this seems weird, just wanted to show some appreciation for the hard work you guys put in.

ITS A GUAY THANG.
Back to top Go down
FairXChange
Rookie Member
Rookie Member
FairXChange

PostSubject: Re: What you can do to make VGH even better.   What you can do to make VGH even better. EmptySat 18 Sep 2010, 1:40 pm

After watching and listening to you guys for almost a few months now and getting involved with the community for a while now, I have watched you grow and I really do respect the amount of work you guys carry out. So what I am saying is, I am here for the long journey and I will see if I can get the name to a lot more people.

Keep up the good work guys
Back to top Go down
Evil Kupo
Unranked
Unranked
Evil Kupo

PostSubject: Re: What you can do to make VGH even better.   What you can do to make VGH even better. EmptySat 18 Sep 2010, 3:34 pm

the next big upgrade: going mainstream....i kid i kid

cant wait to see what this upgrade is, as long as it has cookies
Back to top Go down
BlackKnight
BlackKnight

PostSubject: Re: What you can do to make VGH even better.   What you can do to make VGH even better. EmptySat 18 Sep 2010, 3:55 pm

I've been here for quite a while and have enjoyed everything about VGH and the community. Podcasts and broadcasts are always full of lol's and frustration but all the same since everyone here loves video games.

This place is growing like a damn fungus. In a good way.
Back to top Go down
Zombie Toast
Zombie Toast

PostSubject: Re: What you can do to make VGH even better.   What you can do to make VGH even better. EmptySat 18 Sep 2010, 5:15 pm

I have enjoyed what you guys had to offer, and most sites do offer what you do but lack that sense of personality which I love with your site. More power VGH, great years are ahead.
Back to top Go down
VGH_David
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: What you can do to make VGH even better.   What you can do to make VGH even better. EmptySun 19 Sep 2010, 5:17 am

Whew, years, that word gives me goosebumps
Back to top Go down
Superdave513
DONATOR
DONATOR
Superdave513

PostSubject: Re: What you can do to make VGH even better.   What you can do to make VGH even better. EmptySun 19 Sep 2010, 10:52 pm

What do you expect, this site will only last 5 months Wink.
Back to top Go down
Obasanjo
Unranked
Unranked
Obasanjo

PostSubject: Re: What you can do to make VGH even better.   What you can do to make VGH even better. EmptySun 19 Sep 2010, 10:56 pm

I hope this site lasts a long time, so when I grow up I will be like yup that's our childhood website and now my children will be logging in to VGH and I will be like Wink I knew it, I knew those guys would make it. *tear* and then there would be a movie about the site and Jackie Chan, Enrique Inglesias, Jason Statham, Steven Seagall, Corey Hanes, and Tom Hanks will be in it.
Back to top Go down
VGH_David
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: What you can do to make VGH even better.   What you can do to make VGH even better. EmptySun 19 Sep 2010, 11:19 pm

Obasanjo wrote:
I hope this site lasts a long time, so when I grow up I will be like yup that's our childhood website and now my children will be logging in to VGH and I will be like Wink I knew it, I knew those guys would make it. *tear* and then there would be a movie about the site and Jackie Chan, Enrique Inglesias, Jason Statham, Steven Seagall, Corey Hanes, and Tom Hanks will be in it.

I'm down.
Back to top Go down
VGH_Evan
Administrator
Administrator
VGH_Evan

PostSubject: Re: What you can do to make VGH even better.   What you can do to make VGH even better. EmptyMon 20 Sep 2010, 1:11 am

Can I be Jason Statham?
Back to top Go down
RawlerBrawler
DONATOR
DONATOR
RawlerBrawler

PostSubject: Re: What you can do to make VGH even better.   What you can do to make VGH even better. EmptyMon 20 Sep 2010, 9:20 am

I am doing the best I can to actually tell everyone regarding this site Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ToddyLingus
Rookie Member
Rookie Member
ToddyLingus

PostSubject: Re: What you can do to make VGH even better.   What you can do to make VGH even better. EmptyFri 24 Sep 2010, 9:54 am

Yeah man, definitely going to spread the word about this awesome site. I can't believe nobody has heard of you guys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What you can do to make VGH even better.   What you can do to make VGH even better. Empty

Back to top Go down

What you can do to make VGH even better.
Page 1 of 1