Video Game Henchmen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're cheap and expendable.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anybody Gonna Watch The EVENT Tonight?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
VGH_Jacob
Administrator
Administrator
VGH_Jacob

Anybody Gonna Watch The EVENT Tonight? Empty
PostSubject: Anybody Gonna Watch The EVENT Tonight?   Anybody Gonna Watch The EVENT Tonight? EmptyMon 20 Sep 2010, 11:03 am

Anybody Gonna Watch The EVENT Tonight? Nbc-lineup-the-event

I've been sort of intrigued by NBC's The EVENT ever since the first viral marketing came about for it. I think it could provide for some interesting television, and I'm pretty much a sucker for mystery, I think that's why I liked FlashForward and Persons Unknown so much. Anyways, the Pilot for the show airs tonight at 9:00 pm EST, right after the season premiere of Chuck, which I'll be tuning into as well (I love me some Chuck). If you guys watch it, tell me what you think, I'd love to have a little discussion on the pilot episode and get your thoughts on the show.
Back to top Go down
http://www.videogamehenchmen.com/
Forgotten_Gamer
Forgotten_Gamer

PostSubject: Re: Anybody Gonna Watch The EVENT Tonight?   Anybody Gonna Watch The EVENT Tonight? EmptyMon 20 Sep 2010, 11:35 am

I dont even know what it is about, although I have been seeing ads for it since Rainbow Six came out.
Back to top Go down
VGH_David
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Anybody Gonna Watch The EVENT Tonight?   Anybody Gonna Watch The EVENT Tonight? EmptyWed 22 Sep 2010, 1:47 am

**************************SPOILERS ALERT************************************
Jacob,

I watched it on Hulu and I thought it was really, really, good. The beginning was moderately exciting, I didn't find anything too unusual about it. Just when I thought it was jumping around too much the cruise ship sequence came, and that part really caught me. I really liked those characters and was wondering the entire time what could have possibly happened to go from paradise to gunpoint.

I am very, very, interested to see how the explain the disappearance of his girlfriend.

I was pretty indifferent about the conversation that asian dude had with the older lady. Obviously they dropped some hints that there was a group of captive people who are "different" from us. The new "others" of television.

Then there was the final scene.

For a minute I thought the plane was going to hit, I seriously thought that this TV show would do the most original thing ever and kill off the main cast on the pilot. Then the plane disappears into a wormhole. WTF.

I'll definitely be watching this show next week!

**************************SPOILERS ALERT************************************

Back to top Go down
Forgotten_Gamer
Forgotten_Gamer

PostSubject: Re: Anybody Gonna Watch The EVENT Tonight?   Anybody Gonna Watch The EVENT Tonight? EmptyWed 22 Sep 2010, 3:48 am

Dude, I dont know what happened but I think the forums had literally "THE EVENT" thing going on for em last night cause like I guess just went into an alternate dimension like that airplane and just stopped talking all in all LMFAO. For some reason, the forum started like fighting back and went on master lag mode and just timed out everyone.
Back to top Go down
Superdave513
DONATOR
DONATOR
Superdave513

PostSubject: Re: Anybody Gonna Watch The EVENT Tonight?   Anybody Gonna Watch The EVENT Tonight? EmptyWed 22 Sep 2010, 3:57 am

Anybody Gonna Watch The EVENT Tonight? LOL-SPOILERS-AND-THEN-I-WAS-LIKE-IVE-BEEN-DEAD-ALL-ALONG-

All I can say is that, the Event was pretty bad ass. It reminded me a lot with Flashforward in a way but not the whole memory swipe thing. Also the actors are pretty good, and I mean they have been in previous works that were pretty good so the acting ain't bad at all plus the budget seems to be pretty hefty specially with the advertising they do.

LMAO, regarding the forums man last night was just insane. I was like typing so much but none of it would show up. Sorry Jacob, if we disappeared last night on you the forum went whacky.
Back to top Go down
BlackKnight
BlackKnight

PostSubject: Re: Anybody Gonna Watch The EVENT Tonight?   Anybody Gonna Watch The EVENT Tonight? EmptyWed 22 Sep 2010, 4:18 am

Dude, I didn't know what happened last night either. The forum went beserk! But, The Event was pretty good. I enjoyed it and probably going to keep watching it to see where it goes. I hope they don't pull some random bullshit out of their ass making it look obvious and I hope there was at least some thought that went into the making of this series cause it looks like it has a lot of potential!
Back to top Go down
VGH_Jacob
Administrator
Administrator
VGH_Jacob

PostSubject: Re: Anybody Gonna Watch The EVENT Tonight?   Anybody Gonna Watch The EVENT Tonight? EmptyWed 22 Sep 2010, 11:12 am

*SPOILER ALERT*

I agree, the episode had its ups and downs for me, but I think the last 15 or so minutes are what is keeping me watching the show. I'm intrigued to know what happened to the girlfriend, who these "others" are (LOL LOST reference), and just what in the world happened to the plane at the end. The show has promise, and I feel, like Dave said, the acting is good, the budget seems to be there, now the writers just have to make sure this doesn't go down the drain and become some unoriginal rip-off.

LMFAO
Forgotten_Gamer wrote:
Dude, I dont know what happened but I think the forums had literally "THE EVENT" thing going on for em last night cause like I guess just went into an alternate dimension like that airplane and just stopped talking all in all LMFAO. For some reason, the forum started like fighting back and went on master lag mode and just timed out everyone.

I don't even know what happened last night, I think the forums might have gone under construction during our EVENT Chatbox night and lagged us all out. My computer went into super slow mode for about 5 minutes, and then when I got back everyone was gone. Even AIM seemed to be acting up. Maybe it was THE EVENT Case Zero Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.videogamehenchmen.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anybody Gonna Watch The EVENT Tonight?   Anybody Gonna Watch The EVENT Tonight? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anybody Gonna Watch The EVENT Tonight?
Page 1 of 1