Video Game Henchmen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're cheap and expendable.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fallout: New Vegas

Go down 
+9
sostonedi8spam
Zombie Toast
asdfghjkl
XboxLuke540
VGH_Evan
Superdave513
Epic Fail Guy
shivertimbermike
Rob_Keyes
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Rob_Keyes
DONATOR
DONATOR
Rob_Keyes

Fallout: New Vegas Empty
PostSubject: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas EmptyMon 18 Oct 2010, 9:25 pm

Hey guys, so with the release of this game in only a few hours. What are you guys most excited about?
Back to top Go down
shivertimbermike
shivertimbermike

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas EmptyMon 18 Oct 2010, 9:51 pm

Oh man, I can't wait to hit up that gambling table. Although, I actually want to see what the main story is about cause who knows what those Bethesda guys think off.
Back to top Go down
Epic Fail Guy
Epic Fail Guy

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas EmptyMon 18 Oct 2010, 10:11 pm

sadly, i will probably be getting it for christmas, i feel as though i have asked my mom for too many games in the past two months and i think that if i were to get fallout i would not be able to get assassin's creed brotherhood and quite frankly i think i would rather have assassin's creed.
Back to top Go down
Superdave513
DONATOR
DONATOR
Superdave513

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas EmptyMon 18 Oct 2010, 10:17 pm

I can't wait for the Radio stations that I could pick up with my Pipboy across the wasteland. Also, to explore all the national landmarks! Man, this is gonna be a sweet game! Unless it turns out buggy, and just a piece of shit but I doubt it.
Back to top Go down
VGH_Evan
Administrator
Administrator
VGH_Evan

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas EmptyTue 19 Oct 2010, 12:52 am

New Vegas Review

So sadly the games buggy and has a limited radio stations and is overall the same. Not bad but I was hoping for a little more.
Back to top Go down
XboxLuke540
Rookie Member
Rookie Member
XboxLuke540

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas EmptyWed 27 Oct 2010, 9:48 am

Swung by last night after I got off to pick up my copy. Only got to play about two hours but so far so good. The different tweaks they made really make a difference as it relates to the traits. Did experience one freeze up though, and the code for my pre order bonus didn't work. That doesn't bother me all that much though. There's a definate different feel overall this time around and I can't quite tell if it's because of the local or the underlying serious tone that I've experienced. Don't get me wrong, there's still some quirky things that go on and there's the definate Fallout sense of humor present, but for some reason it just seems a little darker than my experience in the Captial Wasteland.

Off tomorrow so I'll definately get to sink my teeth into it tonight/tomorrow. Overall though I'm happy. The different feel I keep alluding to is a good thing too, not necessarily a bad thing.

Edited note:
Those of you picking this up for the PS3:
The issue I was having with my code not working has been resolved according to the main boards over at Bethesda. Also, the freeze I experienced isn't isolated to just the ps 3. Apparently it's happend to a few folks across both console based platforms. Old news for rpg vets but it goes without saying that saving frequently will be vital until a patch is released. Just in case ya know...Wink
Back to top Go down
asdfghjkl
Rookie Member
Rookie Member
asdfghjkl

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas EmptyWed 27 Oct 2010, 9:49 am

Was watching Tech News Today the other day and avid gamer/hottie Veronica Belmont was on the show talking about it. She said it was similar to a MASSIVE expansion pack that was very entertaining. She also said it sucked up most of her weekend, but obviously these are her words not mine.

I still haven't beaten the original Fallout 3 because of time restraints Sad
Back to top Go down
XboxLuke540
Rookie Member
Rookie Member
XboxLuke540

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas EmptyWed 27 Oct 2010, 9:50 am

The "Massive expansion" comment in the post prior to mine is both an ok way to describe New Vegas, and a gross disservice/lazy way to describe New Vegas. I mean you look at it, gameplay mechanic is the same, graphically it's the same, but there's something completely different about it as well.

The game starts out more open but that doesn't necesarilly mean you'll MAKE it everywhere. Enemies are more difficult, which I like, added gameplay tweaks like ammo refilling/weapon modding is a nice addition and, like I stated in a previous post, the darker tone in this game is a nice addition too. Having factions play a bigger role in this game as opposed to your overall karma rating dictating the goings on is nicely done and changes the approach you may have while wandering.

Overall, while this game IS technically more of the same, there's enough new additions, along with a deeper story line, to satisfy any sandboxer's thirst. Personally, I'm LOVING this game.
Back to top Go down
Zombie Toast
Zombie Toast

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas EmptyWed 27 Oct 2010, 9:51 am

I'm 26% percent finished so far and playing Hardcore mode. The game is indeed more difficult so far. I've also noticed glitches and bugs galore. Most have been enemies or myself stuck getting stuck on an obstacle and not being able to move. There was a patch released this morning on the 360 but I have no idea what the fixes are.
So far the thing that's really pissing me off is walking down a road and then all of a sudden becoming "crippled". It's becoming really annoying as well as the new H2O hydrating crap.
Back to top Go down
sostonedi8spam
Unranked
Unranked

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas EmptyWed 27 Oct 2010, 9:54 am

I've spent 3 hours in goodsprings. Still happy.

I will be posting a Caravan Guide soon, as I've figured out a way to win all the time. For those of you familiar, its by putting Kings on their high cards when in between 21-26
Back to top Go down
Joemama
Rookie Member
Rookie Member
Joemama

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas EmptyWed 27 Oct 2010, 9:56 am

I still havn't played caravan.

Also, for anyone who is playing:

1. How do I get into the strip without caps?
2. Where should I be exploring because the only missions I have is the Helios One mission and the Main Mission.
3. Speaking of Helios One, is it a glitch or do I really need to have 75 in science to unlock the second computer. Also, when I killed the dogs, the NCR trooper started shooting at me. Is that bad?
Back to top Go down
Admiral_Awesome
Unranked
Unranked

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas EmptyWed 27 Oct 2010, 9:59 am

sostonedi8spam wrote:
I've spent 3 hours in goodsprings. Still happy.

I will be posting a Caravan Guide soon, as I've figured out a way to win all the time. For those of you familiar, its by putting Kings on their high cards when in between 21-26

Please do. Because I'm really confused.

Anyone know where I can I find a canteen ? I know you get a code for one to start the game out with if you did a pre-order. I'm trying to find one that maybe be hidden out there somewhere.
Back to top Go down
BlackKnight
BlackKnight

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas EmptyWed 27 Oct 2010, 10:03 am

Just found a way to win easily with stacking your deck with just 10, 9, 8s
YouTube - Fallout: New Vegas - Know When To Fold Them (Caravan Explanation)

My way is to get Ks, as they increase card values by their number (ie. put a king on an 8, 8+8=16... put a king on a 3, 3+3=6)
When they get over 21, I put a king on their highest card in the caravan, putting them over 26. They can erase that decision with a Jack, but I have a lot of kings to replace them with. This will force them to erase the whole caravan, giving a time advantage to me.

Please let me know if this helps or if its unclear. <3 caravan
Back to top Go down
XboxLuke540
Rookie Member
Rookie Member
XboxLuke540

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas EmptyWed 27 Oct 2010, 10:10 am

Joemama wrote:
I still havn't played caravan.

Also, for anyone who is playing:

1. How do I get into the strip without caps?
2. Where should I be exploring because the only missions I have is the Helios One mission and the Main Mission.
3. Speaking of Helios One, is it a glitch or do I really need to have 75 in science to unlock the second computer. Also, when I killed the dogs, the NCR trooper started shooting at me. Is that bad?

Possible Spoiler Warning* ...just in case

1. Can't answer this question as I haven't even gotten close to the strip yet. It looks pretty sweet all lit up at night in the distance though. Just can't make it to it yet without wasting a ton of ammo (I'm playing on hard so even at lvl 12, a gang of Deathclaws or Cazadones (sp?) use me as a toothpick still lol).

2. I've been going south and east from the starting town. If you're following the main story then I would assume (bad practice I know) that you've done the mission in Primm and the adjacent NCR outpost. There's another outpost further south where you can pick up a mission or two (Ghost up on the roof and Cass in the bar both give missions). Ghost's mission (which has you doing recon in Nipton) can branch off into more side missions but are difficult in their solution. In Novac there's at least three missions that you can do relatively early on in the game. One from Manny, one from Boone (whom you can also persuade to join you, which I HIGHLY recommend), and one involving the Brahmin ranchers that are in that town (name escapes me). The mission from Manny (which has you going to the RepComm (sp?)factory) has multi branches depending on how you approach it. Go prepared to that one if you tend to take the violent approach.

All in all there's alot surrounding the opening area to see and or do...if you're brave. Primm pass (Deathclaw a plenty), Scorpion trail (I think that's the name, I know scorpion is in the name and it's a massive trail with loads of Giant Radscorpions and Black Bark Scorpions, east of the starting town between Goodsprings and Helios one), Prospector's Den ( a little north of Nipton), Sloan is north of Goodsprings with a mission but definately be ready for that one as it entails dealing with Deathclaws (Alpha and Mother will be present).

As for me, I've just been wandering here and there seeing things and picking up quests when and where I can. Though I must admitt, some of them are pretty tough simply because enemies in this game don't scale. A Deathclaw is a Deathclaw and in New Vegas (more so than FO 3) they are appropiately named. I like that though. It's refreshing to know I can't be all powerful and go everywhere and anywhere I want until later in the game.

Anyways, back on topic...

3. If, when you try to hack it, it tells you that you need a Science skill of 75 to hack, then yes, you will need a skill of 75 in that area. I've found it best to always keep a couple of various skill books with you handy (not the permanent stat raise books, but the +x% to y skill ones). They have no weight value and are invalueable in their necessity as they can help lower lvl characters achieve some things they might not otherwise.

As for the second part of your question, look at it this way. If you shot a police dog in real life (and yes I KNOW this is a game), they would charge you with attempted murder on a police officer. You can look at the dog's around Helio's one (for example) in that light. They are a member of the NCR army and thus have a faction value for that paticular faction. You shoot one, the soliders will frown upon it as they will perceive it as an attack on their order. If the dog is with a companion, that dog counts towards that faction. Or so has been my experience thus far.

Last night I did find a lone dog just sitting by the fence out near the Area 51 type place with all of the underground bunkers (name escapes me). He wasn't hostile or anything and talking to him just made him whine and scratch behind his ear.

Also,
Thanks for that Waba. The caravan game still confuses me a little bit but that does help out alot. And does anyone remember where ED-E is found? I remember coming across him early on but I didn't have the skill or the book available to inflate said skill to repair him. Now that I do have the number I need, I can't for the life of me remember where I saw him.
Back to top Go down
DozeismyDogsname
Unranked
Unranked

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas EmptyWed 27 Oct 2010, 10:15 am

I feel like I should start over.

SPOILERS

I'm only at Level 18, and I've already killed Caesar at the Fort and Mr. House in Lucky 38. I haven't completed very many quests. The only Achievement quests that I've completed are Ain't That A Kick In The Head, Come Fly With Me, They Went That-A-Way, and Ring-A-Ding-Ding. That's it.

What do y'all think? Should I start over or just see where this takes me?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas Empty

Back to top Go down

Fallout: New Vegas
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Video Game Henchmen :: Platform Exclusive Forums :: Cross-Platform Game Discussion-
Jump to: