Video Game Henchmen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're cheap and expendable.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Video games, Old or Not?

Go down 
+2
shivertimbermike
Superdave513
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Superdave513
DONATOR
DONATOR
Superdave513

Video games, Old or Not? Empty
PostSubject: Video games, Old or Not?   Video games, Old or Not? EmptyTue 29 Jun 2010, 5:18 am

How old does a video game have to be for you to consider it old . Will you still play it?

Example you go to your Gamestop and find a good game that is used. Its only 2 years old and you buy it and play it. You love it. Do you consider this an old game? Would this have prevented you from playing it?

Reason I am asking is it seems games that don't come right off the line, do not get the hype they should deserve sometimes. Alot of games that are 2 years old that you find at Gamestop are very fun to play but are they old?

To me a game is old if its 5 years or more. What do you think?
Back to top Go down
shivertimbermike
shivertimbermike

PostSubject: Re: Video games, Old or Not?   Video games, Old or Not? EmptyTue 29 Jun 2010, 5:39 am

We have a varied selection of games in our house, from Gamecube, X-Box, PS2, 360 and PS3.

If you enjoy a game, no matter how old it is, then you enjoy it.
I hopped on the Gamecube, and played Resident Evil not so long ago, because its a fun game, and how old it was, never came into it.

When I think of "old" I think of Space Invaders, and Galaga, Pac Man etc....lol...To me, those are old.

But then again, I aint no spring chicken.....
Back to top Go down
RawlerBrawler
DONATOR
DONATOR
RawlerBrawler

PostSubject: Re: Video games, Old or Not?   Video games, Old or Not? EmptyTue 29 Jun 2010, 6:19 am

Pre-sale hype is generally what sells games. It's hard to hype a game that's been in circulation for 2 years or more because it's been seen, done, and even though it's great it's old. Technology is fundamentally one giant redundancy because something that comes out tomorrow could be obsolete as early as next week. So I consider a game old six months after release. It's dumb I know, but everything depreciates so quickly these days. The game may be fucking awesome, but if it's a couple years old then it's considered ancient LOL!
Back to top Go down
VGH_John
VGH_John

PostSubject: Re: Video games, Old or Not?   Video games, Old or Not? EmptyTue 29 Jun 2010, 12:40 pm

I would consider a game old based on what generation of systems it came out on. The only exception to this is probably ps2 games have still been released on that system for the past few years. Yes games like Dead Rising and Condemned might not look the best but at the time developers were still figuring out what the new generation of systems could do. So I guess what I am saying is that I agree 5 years makes a game old both mechanically and graphically.
Back to top Go down
Forgotten_Gamer
Forgotten_Gamer

PostSubject: Re: Video games, Old or Not?   Video games, Old or Not? EmptyWed 30 Jun 2010, 7:18 am

When the games price goes down to $19.99 that's when you know a game is OLD.
Back to top Go down
Superdave513
DONATOR
DONATOR
Superdave513

PostSubject: Re: Video games, Old or Not?   Video games, Old or Not? EmptyWed 30 Jun 2010, 11:52 am

Well, they may be old but they sure are gold Wink
Back to top Go down
Magnum Force
Magnum Force

PostSubject: Re: Video games, Old or Not?   Video games, Old or Not? EmptyThu 01 Jul 2010, 10:42 am

Honestly, an old game is like NES or sega master system. Yet, plenty of
people still play the games, whether it is an emulator or not. I think
an old game is about 20 yrs or more. Even if a game is old, it can
usually be a very well done game. A good example would be mario. I
mean the original mario brother, old yes, good yes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Video games, Old or Not?   Video games, Old or Not? Empty

Back to top Go down

Video games, Old or Not?
Page 1 of 1