Video Game Henchmen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're cheap and expendable.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 30

Go down 
+8
Sagamore
BlackKnight
RawlerBrawler
Superdave513
Magnum Force
Forgotten_Gamer
SirJames
VGH_Jacob
12 posters
AuthorMessage
VGH_Jacob
Administrator
Administrator
VGH_Jacob

Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 30 Empty
PostSubject: Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 30   Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 30 EmptyFri 25 Feb 2011, 11:34 pm

First time questioners, Please read:

This is the thread for people to post their questions to the guys of the podcast. The questions can be anything!

PLEASE READ ALL OTHER QUESTIONS IN THE THREAD BEFORE ASKING YOURS TO MAKE SURE SOMEONE ELSE HASN'T ALREADY ASKED IT.
Back to top Go down
http://www.videogamehenchmen.com/
SirJames
Rookie Member
Rookie Member
SirJames

PostSubject: Re: Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 30   Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 30 EmptyFri 11 Mar 2011, 12:54 pm

I know most of you are really critical of call of duty because of its trumendous mindless popularity and don't like how it takes the attention from games that deserve it more (like Beyond good and evil ).
If you could, what changes would you make to the next call of duty game that you think would make it a better game and more deserving of its popularity? this includes stuff in the campaign as well as the multiplayer.
Back to top Go down
Forgotten_Gamer
Forgotten_Gamer

PostSubject: Re: Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 30   Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 30 EmptyFri 11 Mar 2011, 12:55 pm

Everyone is always talking about how their favorite games should be made into movies or movies into games. I, on the other hand want to see some of my favorite books turned into games. For example, Terry Brooks' Shanara series is full of interesting locations and characters, as well as very cool action set pieces. I would love to see if a studio could make an enjoyable gaming experience out of lore of this world.

Are there any books you enjoy that you think could handle the jump to video games?
Back to top Go down
Magnum Force
Magnum Force

PostSubject: Re: Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 30   Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 30 EmptyFri 11 Mar 2011, 12:57 pm

When you guys are playing by yourself, Do you listen to music while playing or listen to podcasts? If not, then do you normally get to time to listen to your podcasts? Because i listen to most of them when i play games with less Dialogue. You guys are awesome.
Back to top Go down
Superdave513
DONATOR
DONATOR
Superdave513

PostSubject: Re: Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 30   Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 30 EmptyFri 11 Mar 2011, 12:57 pm

With Dragon Age 2 finally having released, there have been a lot of people complaining about the changes that have been made to the combat and dialog. I can understand the people who loved everything about the original complaining about this, but there were a lot of people who wanted the combat to be faster with more direct control and wanted the dialog to be more explicit so as not to lead the user into selecting an option only to get the opposite outcome then was intended. Bioware made those changes to address those complaints and are getting some backlash for it.

Do the people who complained and demanded those changes have any right to complain when Bioware clearly listened to them and tried to give them what they asked for?
Back to top Go down
RawlerBrawler
DONATOR
DONATOR
RawlerBrawler

PostSubject: Re: Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 30   Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 30 EmptyFri 11 Mar 2011, 12:58 pm

Here's a small story to lead into my question:

Yesterday, I was finishing up the new Hot Pursuit. During a race, while in a tunnel, I suddenly fell through the road. I didn't hit any cars or the wall, I just literally fell off of the track. I was just dumbfounded. I was able to get a snapshot of it, which shows the car just falling into a blue abyss.

Now, my question: Have you ever encountered a glitch or bug that made you say "...what?" or "How could no one have caught that during testing?"
Back to top Go down
BlackKnight
BlackKnight

PostSubject: Re: Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 30   Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 30 EmptyFri 11 Mar 2011, 12:59 pm

are there things in games you thought were stupid at first or had a stupid gimick but after some time you found yourself enjoying it?
Back to top Go down
Sagamore
Unranked
Unranked
Sagamore

PostSubject: Re: Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 30   Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 30 EmptyFri 11 Mar 2011, 1:00 pm

Full Motion Video in games has for the most part been looked upon negatively. Whether it be because of the quality of the video or the actor's poor performance. Only once in a while do we see this style resurface such as the Command & Conquer games, 2006's Urban Chaos: Riot Response, and last year's Hysteria Project.

My question is, do you think that Full Motion Video in games can make a comeback? If not, then why? And if so, what would companies need to change in order for FMV to be successful?
Back to top Go down
Death by Kuvasz
Unranked
Unranked
Death by Kuvasz

PostSubject: Re: Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 30   Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 30 EmptyFri 11 Mar 2011, 1:01 pm

I like to stare at details and sceneries in good video game environments. I would normally do this in sequences of relative silence. I.E. The underwater sequences in Bioshock 2 (where I thought I found pieces of the airliner from the first) or the towering castle/city in Orzamar (Which I replayed after ya'll have been mentioning Dragon Age recently.)

My question is: How important do you think these details in the environment or in ambient sound are to the overall scheme of the game. Should Developers put more of these into the background environment even though a good amount of Gamers would miss them, or do you think the effort could be put forth more productively in other areas on the game? (I.E. Focus on detail on a few characters rather than a background image/scenery.)
Back to top Go down
Left4DeadFan
Left4DeadFan

PostSubject: Re: Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 30   Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 30 EmptyFri 11 Mar 2011, 1:02 pm

The new Mortal Kombat has announced a new "Tower Mode" with 300 unique missions to participate in. Do you feel Mortal Kombat could outlast Marvel Vs Capcom 3 due to the fact that MvC3 had so little content released with it?
Back to top Go down
shivertimbermike
shivertimbermike

PostSubject: Re: Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 30   Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 30 EmptyFri 11 Mar 2011, 1:03 pm

With Bulletstorm being the "breathe of fresh air" in the current state of FPS's, do you think FPS's will ever be as good as they used to be? Bulletstorm may be trying something new but it still feels all too familiar. Does this mean modern day FPS's are done for in the innovation department? How would you guys improve a modern day FPS?
Back to top Go down
Zombie Toast
Zombie Toast

PostSubject: Re: Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 30   Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 30 EmptyFri 11 Mar 2011, 1:06 pm

Have you ever felt that with all the games coming out, and being pushed to complete previous games that you need to review, that you may not be able to dedicate enough time to certain games that you're looking forward to playing?

Ex: With Skyrim, Dark Souls, Uncharted 3 all releasing this holiday from the look of things; Are you worried you won't have enough free time to play all three without feeling rushed to finish them, since you'll most likely have other backlogged games as well?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 30   Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 30 Empty

Back to top Go down

Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 30
Page 1 of 1