Video Game Henchmen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're cheap and expendable.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Collector's Corner

Go down 
+10
VGH_Sean
Magnum Force
VGH_Evan
Macabronis
VGH_Jacob
BlackKnight
RawlerBrawler
Superdave513
asdfghjkl
Forgotten_Gamer
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Forgotten_Gamer
Forgotten_Gamer

The Collector's Corner Empty
PostSubject: The Collector's Corner   The Collector's Corner EmptySun 11 Jul 2010, 1:32 pm

The Collector's Corner

I know some of you aren't into this sort of thing, but I do know of at least one person, personally, that is as into collecting game related
trinkets as I am (if you're reading this, I still will take your Big Daddy figure off your hands if you want). Knowing that, I'm going to guess that there are even more of you out there that have their own "shrine to gaming geekdom" as I do.

This thread is for you. I'll list, when I find them, all upcoming Collector's and or Special Editions that are going to be released with future titles. If you find anything, even if it's not with the release of the title itself (Europe actually got a few pretty sweet statuettes of Soap from CoD: MW 2 not too long ago) feel free to post about it here.

Here's one for Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II
That's No Moon, It's A Force Unleashed II Collector's
Edition

Not overly impressed with this one to be honest. The digital artbook sounds sweet. Looks to be mostly alot of in game content type stuff, which is always cool, but 20 extra bucks? Gonna wait before I decide on this one.

Here's one for Mafia II
Gamestop.com - Buy Mafia II Collector's Edition -
Playstation 3

Considering you'll get a $10 dollars off of a future puchase, I think $10 dollars extra isn't too bad for this one. Again, lots of in game goodies, and an art book.

Halo Reach has two:
Gamestop.com - Buy Halo Reach Limited Edition - Xbox

or...
Gamestop.com - Buy Halo Reach Legendary Edition - Xbox

Fallout: New Vegas (drool)
Gamestop.com - Buy Fallout: New Vegas Collector's
Edition - Xbox 360

You know, out of everything in that package, I think I'm most anxious to get my hands on the novel that comes with it. The book that came with the Alan Wake collector's edition went a long way into helping to tell the story and get you immersed in the experience of playing that title. Only question now is will Amazon release their own version like they did with the last game?

Fable III
Gamestop.com - Buy Fable III Limited Edition - Xbox 360

Here's one for a PC title. I'm pretty sure most of you know about this one.
StarCraft II

That's it for now. I'll check back in when I find any other cool little trinkets and or announcements of CE/LE for upcoming releases. Again, feel free to add anything you might be able to find.

Nothing major or groundbreaking here, but apparently, whomever you pre order your copy of Fallout: New Vegas from, denotes which special in game goodies you'll get from the start.

http://kotaku.com/5560083/fallout-new-vegas-gets-retailerspecific-preorder-packs/gallery/

Fallout: New Vegas Gets Retailer-Specific Preorder
Packs

Here's some figures for you Bayonetta fans:

http://kotaku.com/5559899/the-bayone...netta/gallery/

Do have to agree with the writer of the article in the sense that the G.I. Joe type hinges take away from the "sleekness", but still pretty cool. Not sure I'd pay $50 dollars though.

Back to top Go down
asdfghjkl
Rookie Member
Rookie Member
asdfghjkl

PostSubject: Re: The Collector's Corner   The Collector's Corner EmptySun 11 Jul 2010, 1:42 pm

Didnt get the bayonetta figures because of the awful hinges. Just a sexy PVC figure would have done the trick. The play arts type figures are always pretty crappy Just check the FF13 ones.

Also im not interested in in game pre order bonuses, I want physical bonuses like the bioshock 2 collectors edition with the vinyl, or the first Fallout pack that came in a lunchbox. now that shit, ill pre order for, if not screw it.

good thread btw
Back to top Go down
Superdave513
DONATOR
DONATOR
Superdave513

PostSubject: Re: The Collector's Corner   The Collector's Corner EmptySun 11 Jul 2010, 1:53 pm

The only special editions I've got which are worth mentioning are the MW2 Veteran pack and the GTAIV Special Edition. They are the only ones which came with any merchandies or whatever you want to call it.

I will definitely be getting the Fallout New Vegas one with the poker chips and whatnot.
Back to top Go down
Forgotten_Gamer
Forgotten_Gamer

PostSubject: Re: The Collector's Corner   The Collector's Corner EmptySun 11 Jul 2010, 1:56 pm

asdfghjkl wrote:
Didnt get the bayonetta figures because of the awful hinges. Just a sexy PVC figure would have done the trick. The play arts type figures are always pretty crappy Just check the FF13 ones.

Also im not interested in in game pre order bonuses, I want physical bonuses like the bioshock 2 collectors edition with the vinyl, or the first Fallout pack that came in a lunchbox. now that shit, ill pre order for, if not screw it.

good thread btw

Feeling you on the hinges comment. Poseable is one thing, but, I don't know, how do you say it? Clean it up a little bit? Now the Brother's In Arms figure that came with that CE, that was a decent poseable figure with joint hinges. Granted they were easier to hide as the ridged feel of the combat suit sort of made the hinges blend a little with the rest of the get up. If I had known at the time that the Dante's Inferno figure would have been a decent height (not a finger sized figure like the first AC) I would have gotten that one. It looked bad assed but from the image I saw I thought it was going to be very small and not detailed at all. Only found out otherwise after the fact. Would have to say though that up to this point, the best figure I've obtained via a pre order would have to be the Enzio figure I got with the Assassin's Creed 2 preorder. Very nice indeed. Agree with you on the physical bonuses too Styles. It's good to have some in game goodies, but if you're going to charge me extra for investing in your product ahead of time, then do something worth it other than just slapping CE or LE on the lable.

Oh, and while this may not be anything pruchasable, I came across this while catching up on some gaming news over on kotaku.

This Viewtiful Joe Papercraft Is 3.5 Feet Tall

Mad kudos to the gent that sat down and put that thing together.
Back to top Go down
RawlerBrawler
DONATOR
DONATOR
RawlerBrawler

PostSubject: Re: The Collector's Corner   The Collector's Corner EmptySun 11 Jul 2010, 1:59 pm

I never quite found the allure of collectible items for video games. it seems like money wasted to me, and when my brother bought Halo 3 legendary edition, i just looked at him, shook my head, and vowed to never waste that kind of money in my life.

It just doesn't seem worth it unless it has some amazing new in-game content.......and even then, shouldn't it be in the game in the first place rather than making the higher-class (or idiotic) gamers get it? gawd, i sometimes hate the video game industry...... >=(
Back to top Go down
RawlerBrawler
DONATOR
DONATOR
RawlerBrawler

PostSubject: Re: The Collector's Corner   The Collector's Corner EmptySun 11 Jul 2010, 2:02 pm

So does this mean you're looking to buy my Dante figure that I got from pre-ordering Dante's Inferno, Forgotten?
Back to top Go down
Forgotten_Gamer
Forgotten_Gamer

PostSubject: Re: The Collector's Corner   The Collector's Corner EmptySun 11 Jul 2010, 2:08 pm

RawlerBrawler wrote:
So does this mean you're looking to buy my Dante figure that I got from pre-ordering Dante's Inferno, Forgotten?

Lol, no thank you Rawler. If I miss out on a pre-order then I usually just go to the local Hot Spot and see if they may have it there. They actually had some pretty decent Kratos and Gears (some of the Locust figures aren't half bad) figures and statuettes there recently.

However....
if you have this,
Modern Warfare 2 Veteran ARTFX Soap MacTavish Statue

or if you have this...
You Cannot Stop Mai Shiranui Figurines

then we're talking something different. That paticular statue (the Soap one) wasn't available here locally through any pre orders and I haven't found any available locally just yet either...the "slowness" of living down south isn't always a good thing.

I do have to briefly disagree with you Rawler. I don't think it's a "class" thing when it comes to collectables and gaming. Being an idiot is debatable but when it comes to hobbies, it's always different strokes for different folks ya know? My mom use to collect those porcelan clown figures. When we stayed in Atlanta she had a two cabinets (the floor to ceiling double door ones) jammed full of the things. I never got it personally but it was what she enjoyed and collecting them made the experience more enjoyable for her. That's all it is my good man.
Back to top Go down
RawlerBrawler
DONATOR
DONATOR
RawlerBrawler

PostSubject: Re: The Collector's Corner   The Collector's Corner EmptySun 11 Jul 2010, 2:17 pm

LOL... are you sure? He's still in the original wrapping that it was
shipped in... The Collector's Corner Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
BlackKnight
BlackKnight

PostSubject: Re: The Collector's Corner   The Collector's Corner EmptySun 11 Jul 2010, 2:18 pm

Superdave513 wrote:
The only special editions I've got which are worth mentioning are the MW2 Veteran pack and the GTAIV Special Edition. They are the only ones which came with any merchandies or whatever you want to call it.

I will definitely be getting the Fallout New Vegas one with the poker chips and whatnot.

that GTA4 special edition was bad ass. I store all my games in that safe
now.
Back to top Go down
VGH_Jacob
Administrator
Administrator
VGH_Jacob

PostSubject: Re: The Collector's Corner   The Collector's Corner EmptySun 11 Jul 2010, 2:19 pm

I'm really likin' the Fallout New Vegas Collector's Edition. It looks great and I've fallen in love with the Fallout universe ever since I played Fallout 3.

Concerning collectibles, I think they're great if they have good content. I've really gotten into game soundtracks recently and I love it when CE come with soundtracks whether its a hard disk or downloadable like Red Dead Redemption and I just hope every game starts to come with a soundtrack. I think if you really like collecting something it shouldn't matter. I'm a huge Lord of the Rings fan and I currently have all the extended editions of each of the movies and watch them almost every year, but when the extended editions finally come out on Blu-ray I'll be first in line to get them. Is it a waste of money, to some people it might seem like it, but to me being able to see my favorite movies of all time in the best available quality, and with new special features, is something I can't pass up, and I imagine the people who collect video game memorabilia are the exact same way.
Back to top Go down
http://www.videogamehenchmen.com/
Forgotten_Gamer
Forgotten_Gamer

PostSubject: Re: The Collector's Corner   The Collector's Corner EmptySun 11 Jul 2010, 2:23 pm

Yup, Jacob is correct. No matter if you are a LOTR fan or a video game fan it's still something you enjoy doing so why not do it? Plus, I also agree about the soundtrack. I enjoyed the soundtrack that came with Bioshock and Alan Wake's but you can tell lately all the games that are coming out with Collector's edition are releasing the soundtrack with it.
Back to top Go down
Macabronis
Unranked
Unranked
Macabronis

PostSubject: Re: The Collector's Corner   The Collector's Corner EmptyWed 14 Jul 2010, 11:26 am

Europe is getting a special edition for Dead Rising 2. An
announcement on a NA version can't be too far behind.

Bloody Tourists Invade The Dead Rising 2 European
Special Edition
Back to top Go down
Forgotten_Gamer
Forgotten_Gamer

PostSubject: Re: The Collector's Corner   The Collector's Corner EmptyWed 14 Jul 2010, 11:39 am

Oh gosh, Dead Rising 2 needs to hurry up and come now!

also, I saw an Assasin's creed figurine that comes out somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Macabronis
Unranked
Unranked
Macabronis

PostSubject: Re: The Collector's Corner   The Collector's Corner EmptySat 17 Jul 2010, 10:10 am

When I posted the link for the European CE version for Dead Rising, I knew it wouldn't be too long before a North Amercian version would pop up. Sure enough:

Here's What Passes For A Dead Rising 2 Special Edition In North America

No figure involved but there is a featurette included which was directed by Mega-Man creator Keiji Inafune. Your standard artbook and special cover comes along with it, with the "special" treat being your very own syringe of Zombrex (it's actually a pen). Pretty much the same thing for both systems other than the featurette being on Blu-Ray for the PS 3 and DVD for the Xbox. All in all not bad for 10 extra dollars. Especially if you're a story/lore whore when it comes to your gaming like I am. Considering the 360 is also getting a downloadable prequel to the second game itself, I think I'm starting to lean more towards the 360 version.
Back to top Go down
VGH_Evan
Administrator
Administrator
VGH_Evan

PostSubject: Re: The Collector's Corner   The Collector's Corner EmptySat 17 Jul 2010, 12:04 pm

I regret not getting the Fallout 3 CE, I really want that bobble head and lunchbox.
Back to top Go down
Forgotten_Gamer
Forgotten_Gamer

PostSubject: Re: The Collector's Corner   The Collector's Corner EmptySat 17 Jul 2010, 10:38 pm

I really like the bobble head, but what I would really like was the Pip Boy 3000 Alarm Clock.
Back to top Go down
Magnum Force
Magnum Force

PostSubject: Re: The Collector's Corner   The Collector's Corner EmptySun 18 Jul 2010, 6:54 pm

The Bobble head would be cool to have, and the Alarm Clock would be pretty sweet too. But I would like the 7 ft tall Brotherhood of Steel Figure.
Back to top Go down
Forgotten_Gamer
Forgotten_Gamer

PostSubject: Re: The Collector's Corner   The Collector's Corner EmptyTue 20 Jul 2010, 11:10 pm

I came across this lovely piece while catching up over on Kotaku. Went and looked up the price and it's a little too steep for me ($350 is the estimated price atm) but you've gotta admitt, it's pretty badassed. Even if it is just a prototype of the final product.

How To Convince Your Friends You Killed A Predator
Back to top Go down
VGH_Sean
Administrator
Administrator
VGH_Sean

PostSubject: Re: The Collector's Corner   The Collector's Corner EmptyWed 21 Jul 2010, 2:40 am

Jacob you should get Fallout 1 and 2.
As much is i like Fallout i rather get a GOTY edition than a CE.
Dead Rising's is tempting, I actually like the US one.
Back to top Go down
Forgotten_Gamer
Forgotten_Gamer

PostSubject: Re: The Collector's Corner   The Collector's Corner EmptySat 24 Jul 2010, 9:26 pm

Never played the first game, even though I heard it was addictively fun. Those of you who are interested in the second take note, a collector's edition is giving you something you can actually use...a pair of game ends (bookends). Of course there are other goodies as well, take a gander:

LittleBigPlanet 2 Takes November With Adorable Collectors Edition
Back to top Go down
Magnum Force
Magnum Force

PostSubject: Re: The Collector's Corner   The Collector's Corner EmptySat 24 Jul 2010, 9:53 pm

This looks really cool! I really want one now.
Back to top Go down
BlackKnight
BlackKnight

PostSubject: Re: The Collector's Corner   The Collector's Corner EmptySat 24 Jul 2010, 10:00 pm

I'm not a fan of Little Big Planet, but with this I might check it out!
Back to top Go down
VGH_Jacob
Administrator
Administrator
VGH_Jacob

PostSubject: Re: The Collector's Corner   The Collector's Corner EmptySun 25 Jul 2010, 9:37 pm

Little Big Planet 2, so tempting. Man, there's a few CE that I really like, but I just don' know if its worth it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.videogamehenchmen.com/
Shauny195
Unranked
Unranked
Shauny195

PostSubject: Re: The Collector's Corner   The Collector's Corner EmptySun 05 Sep 2010, 5:42 pm

Don't forget World of Warcraft: Cataclysym for the nerds!
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=83977
Back to top Go down
TheMostEffectual
Unranked
Unranked
TheMostEffectual

PostSubject: Re: The Collector's Corner   The Collector's Corner EmptyWed 08 Sep 2010, 9:36 pm

I'm really excited for the Zombrex edition, for Dead Rising as well as the Fallout: New Vegas's!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Collector's Corner   The Collector's Corner Empty

Back to top Go down

The Collector's Corner
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Video Game Henchmen :: Platform Exclusive Forums :: Cross-Platform Game Discussion-
Jump to: