Video Game Henchmen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're cheap and expendable.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gamefly?

Go down 
+2
VGH_Lance
Forgotten_Gamer
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Forgotten_Gamer
Forgotten_Gamer

Gamefly? Empty
PostSubject: Gamefly?   Gamefly? EmptySat 26 Jun 2010, 3:41 am

Have you guys heard of Gamefly?

Is it good to do? or is it better to buy games then to rent them?
Back to top Go down
VGH_Lance
Administrator
Administrator
VGH_Lance

Gamefly? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gamefly?   Gamefly? EmptySat 26 Jun 2010, 3:44 am

Look at it like this:

Say you buy a game. You play it. You hate it. $60 down the drain.Evil or Very Mad

Say you rent a game. You play it. You love it. Decide you want to keep it. There's an option to buy for cheaper than retail.cheers
Back to top Go down
http://videogamehenchmen.com
VGH_Jacob
Administrator
Administrator
VGH_Jacob

Gamefly? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gamefly?   Gamefly? EmptySat 26 Jun 2010, 3:48 am

Funny you should mention this, Lance and John actually just started GameFly this month so they should be able to give you a good idea of what it is like. As for me, I've been debating on GameFly for a while. I love the idea of being able to queue up games and rent them for as long as you like, but I'm a sucker when it comes to owning video games and I just can't bring myself to do it, yet. However, with so many new games coming out, and so little money, I am really considering a $15 subscription over a $60 title I may play once or twice.
Back to top Go down
http://www.videogamehenchmen.com/
Superdave513
DONATOR
DONATOR
Superdave513

Gamefly? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gamefly?   Gamefly? EmptySat 26 Jun 2010, 4:01 am

I just started it and fricken love it. Do the two games out at once though for sure because there is a good four day gap between when you will receive a new game once you mail one back. Most games I only play through once, or get a couple weeks at the most of entertainment out of. What I realized though that's the best thing about gamefly, is it actually gives me a reason to play games instead of dull online shooters, and I'm playing games I never had the money to get around to buying. I think it's like $23 total and I could probably knock out 4-5 games in a month easy which saves me a ton of money. The only bad part about it is the waiting time because you might get stuck with one game for quite sometime but that depends on the location of where you live.
Back to top Go down
shivertimbermike
shivertimbermike

Gamefly? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gamefly?   Gamefly? EmptySat 26 Jun 2010, 4:49 am

I like owning my games as well so it's sort of a hard decision for me. Plus, I am very impatient when it comes to waiting for mail so I don't really know how that will work for me. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
VGH_Jacob
Administrator
Administrator
VGH_Jacob

Gamefly? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gamefly?   Gamefly? EmptySat 26 Jun 2010, 11:28 am

I agree Superdave. The one thing that is really drawing me in about Gamefly is that there are so many games I would like to play but don't really want to buy because I know I will only play them for a week at the most. Gamefly would be the perfect way to experience some of those games I never would've thought of picking up.
Back to top Go down
Superdave513
DONATOR
DONATOR
Superdave513

Gamefly? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gamefly?   Gamefly? EmptySat 26 Jun 2010, 11:32 am

Gamefly provides an opportunity to give gamers a chance to actually play the games that they wished they played but never really had the chance too because they were too busy debating if they are suppose to buy it or not. I think it's a great company, and I have no doubt that you will be satisfied plus I mean if you aren't you can just cancel anytime, no contracts or hidden fees.

LOL, they should hire me to be their spokesperson or something. pirat

Last edited by Superdave513 on Sat 26 Jun 2010, 11:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
VGH_Jacob
Administrator
Administrator
VGH_Jacob

Gamefly? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gamefly?   Gamefly? EmptySat 26 Jun 2010, 11:35 am

LOL
I think you'd do a fine job Superdave! You've pretty much got me convinced to go ahead and pull the trigger.
Back to top Go down
Forgotten_Gamer
Forgotten_Gamer

Gamefly? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gamefly?   Gamefly? EmptySat 26 Jun 2010, 11:59 am

rofl, I'm pretty sold too after what he said.

Laughing
Back to top Go down
VGH_John
VGH_John

Gamefly? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gamefly?   Gamefly? EmptySat 26 Jun 2010, 12:03 pm

So I started around the 14th of this month. Lance and I are both doing the 1 game thing just to start out but I definitely agree that if you are planning on doing it you should do the 2 game deal. It took us 4 days after shipping to get blur, we sent it back, I then received Darksiders 4 days later. If you send a game back a week then you may only get about 3 games a month due to shipping times. That is the bad part.

The good part is that I am able to play the games that i was very skeptical of buying without getting flustered if it turns out bad or something I'm not happy with. I am able to take the games that I was waiting on getting to be a lower price and essentially "rent" them, see if i like them, and if not remove them from my ever growing list. Here is my example, lance and I gamefly(ed) Blur we both loved it and decided when it gets to about $30 we would buy it. There was just something very fun about watching a shunt hit his car and hearing his scream as I pulled ahead. On the other hand there is Darksiders, while this game is not terrible I just don't think this game is for me and I am extremely happy with my decision to Gamefly it instead of paying $30 or more for it.

Gamefly is great if you get two games at a time so you always have something to play. If you like a game go out and buy it. If you hate the game send it back and you will never have to play it again. This is a way to broaden your gaming library without spending sooo much money.
Back to top Go down
Forgotten_Gamer
Forgotten_Gamer

Gamefly? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gamefly?   Gamefly? EmptySat 26 Jun 2010, 12:06 pm

Thanks John!
I am actually thinking of getting it this weekend because of all the good stuff I have been hearing about it.
Back to top Go down
Superdave513
DONATOR
DONATOR
Superdave513

Gamefly? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gamefly?   Gamefly? EmptySat 26 Jun 2010, 11:34 pm

Go go go go go go go go get it! I'll recommend you so you can get a free month.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gamefly? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gamefly?   Gamefly? Empty

Back to top Go down

Gamefly?
Page 1 of 1