Video Game Henchmen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're cheap and expendable.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Inception Movie Review [Spoiler - Free]

Go down 
+5
VGH_Sean
BrunoJuno
Left4DeadFan
Bolo Santosi
VGH_Jacob
9 posters
AuthorMessage
VGH_Jacob
Administrator
Administrator
VGH_Jacob

Inception Movie Review [Spoiler - Free] Empty
PostSubject: Inception Movie Review [Spoiler - Free]   Inception Movie Review [Spoiler - Free] EmptyFri 16 Jul 2010, 4:12 pm

Since our site is primarily video games, I thought the best place to share my thoughts on Inception would be here on the forums. So, after recording Henchmen Cast - Epsiode 2, Sean, John, my brother and myself went to the midnight premiere of Inception, the latest film by Christopher Nolan. Being a huge fan of The Prestige, Batman Begins, and The Dark Knight, I had some pretty high expectations for this film. Let me tell you, it does not disappoint and exceeded all of my expectations. Inception is, by far, my favorite movie of this year and is one of the most complex and visually stunning films I have ever seen. The cinematography in this movie is breathtaking, there are some shots where, after their done, you just sit back and can't help but marvel at what Mr. Nolan has achieved.

I won't say anything about the story, because I think you should go into this movie as fresh as possible, but I will say that it is one of the most complex stories I have seen. While there are some amazing action sequences, this is at it's heart a thinking man's movie. Don't expect to be spoon fed every bit of information. Even as complex as the movie ends, there was never a point where I felt completely lost, and the climax of the film wraps up beautifully.

Overall, I would give this movie a 5/5. The effects are amazing, the acting is top notch, its got plenty of action and the story, while complex, is a breath of originality in the sea of sequels and remakes in Hollywood these days. Everyone owes it to themselves to go and see Inception.
Back to top Go down
http://www.videogamehenchmen.com/
Bolo Santosi
Unranked
Unranked
Bolo Santosi

PostSubject: Re: Inception Movie Review [Spoiler - Free]   Inception Movie Review [Spoiler - Free] EmptySat 17 Jul 2010, 10:02 am

Whoa, joy! I hear that Christopher Nolan is very skilled, no? but I have ways of fatiguing these men of metal Wink
Back to top Go down
Left4DeadFan
Left4DeadFan

PostSubject: Re: Inception Movie Review [Spoiler - Free]   Inception Movie Review [Spoiler - Free] EmptySat 17 Jul 2010, 10:18 am

Oh gosh, I really want to watch this but there are a few good movies that are coming out that I can't decided.

INCEPTION VIDEO GAME?
Back to top Go down
BrunoJuno
Unranked
Unranked
BrunoJuno

PostSubject: Re: Inception Movie Review [Spoiler - Free]   Inception Movie Review [Spoiler - Free] EmptySat 17 Jul 2010, 10:22 am

I feel like, it reminded me of that Jennifer Lopez movie, "The Cell."

Back to top Go down
VGH_Sean
Administrator
Administrator
VGH_Sean

PostSubject: Re: Inception Movie Review [Spoiler - Free]   Inception Movie Review [Spoiler - Free] EmptySat 17 Jul 2010, 11:12 pm

I was a bit disappointed.
Back to top Go down
Forgotten_Gamer
Forgotten_Gamer

PostSubject: Re: Inception Movie Review [Spoiler - Free]   Inception Movie Review [Spoiler - Free] EmptySun 18 Jul 2010, 6:53 pm

VGH_Sean wrote:
I was a bit disappointed.

Why were you dissapointed?
Back to top Go down
VGH_John
VGH_John

PostSubject: Re: Inception Movie Review [Spoiler - Free]   Inception Movie Review [Spoiler - Free] EmptySun 18 Jul 2010, 8:26 pm

"Sean has no taste in movies" - Quote from Thomas (Jacobs Brother)
Back to top Go down
VGH_Sean
Administrator
Administrator
VGH_Sean

PostSubject: Re: Inception Movie Review [Spoiler - Free]   Inception Movie Review [Spoiler - Free] EmptyMon 19 Jul 2010, 2:21 am

To be honest half way through i was wondering when they were going to wrap things up. It just seemed to drag on. Like the cinematography was amazing but really the story and characters just kinda bored me, and i ended up hating Leonardo Dicaprio's character. There wasn't a lot of humanity or much likability in anyone.
Back to top Go down
VGH_Jacob
Administrator
Administrator
VGH_Jacob

PostSubject: Re: Inception Movie Review [Spoiler - Free]   Inception Movie Review [Spoiler - Free] EmptyMon 19 Jul 2010, 10:57 am

See it was completely opposite for me. I thought all of the characters were great, Leonardo's esepcially. My favorite might be Joseph Gordon Levitt's character, Arthur. I just don't see how the story could bore anyone. It was fast paced, exciting and you never knew what to expect. I never felt like it dragged on, and if anything I would've loved to see more of this world Nolan crafted. 3 days later and I'm still thinking about this movie, and I feel like this might deserve a spot in my top 10 movies of all time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.videogamehenchmen.com/
VGH_John
VGH_John

PostSubject: Re: Inception Movie Review [Spoiler - Free]   Inception Movie Review [Spoiler - Free] EmptyMon 19 Jul 2010, 5:21 pm

I totally agree Jacob.
Back to top Go down
VGH_David
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Inception Movie Review [Spoiler - Free]   Inception Movie Review [Spoiler - Free] EmptyMon 19 Jul 2010, 6:21 pm

My first impression is...ok...that was a very interesting movie. Very long, too.

For my full review, I want to watch it again, this time not walk in 10 minutes late and not be distracted by my cheating whore of an ex girlfriend sitting next to me, and perhaps not at shitty Gator Cinemas.
Back to top Go down
Magnum Force
Magnum Force

PostSubject: Re: Inception Movie Review [Spoiler - Free]   Inception Movie Review [Spoiler - Free] EmptyMon 19 Jul 2010, 9:42 pm

LOL.
Back to top Go down
Forgotten_Gamer
Forgotten_Gamer

PostSubject: Re: Inception Movie Review [Spoiler - Free]   Inception Movie Review [Spoiler - Free] EmptyTue 20 Jul 2010, 10:58 pm

So, I've been seeing way too much stuff about this movie on TV and I really want to see it. I also want to see that new Will Ferrell movie Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Inception Movie Review [Spoiler - Free]   Inception Movie Review [Spoiler - Free] Empty

Back to top Go down

Inception Movie Review [Spoiler - Free]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Video Game Henchmen :: Miscellaneous :: General Discussions-
Jump to: