Video Game Henchmen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're cheap and expendable.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Verizon Getting iPhone

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TG Bravo 2 Zero
Unranked
Unranked
TG Bravo 2 Zero

Verizon Getting iPhone Empty
PostSubject: Verizon Getting iPhone   Verizon Getting iPhone EmptyFri 30 Jul 2010, 4:00 pm

Apple’s coveted device may end AT&T’s U.S. exclusivity in six months
Quote :

Bloomberg News reported on Tuesday that Verizon Wireless will begin selling the Apple iPhone next year — next January, in fact.

The business news service said that the iPhone's long-awaited move to a second carrier was confirmed by two anonymous sources who were privy to the matter. Representatives from Apple or Verizon Wireless (or its parent company, Verizon Communications) were unable to confirm the report.

The fact that the iPhone's second U.S. carrier would be Verizon is not a surprise — it's the largest U.S. carrier based on subscriber numbers. Also, the fact that there would be a Verizon iPhone in 2011 seems likely, as it would coincide with the introduction of Verizon's new faster 4G wireless network. (The iPhone's sole current carrier, AT&T, said it will roll out a similar 4G network in 2011.)

The only thing surprising about the Bloomberg report is that it said Verizon's iPhone would be "available to customers" in January. To be sure, January is a month when Apple likes to make news, but it's rare for hardware companies or carriers to launch new products into the marketplace in January, when consumers are exhausted from the holiday spending season.

Apple CEO Steve Jobs introduced the first iPhone in January 2007 to much hullabaloo, but the first iPhone wasn't sold until the end of June.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38002805/ns/technology_and_science-wireless/?gt1=43001
Back to top Go down
Jake_is_better_than_DIA
Unranked
Unranked
Jake_is_better_than_DIA

PostSubject: Re: Verizon Getting iPhone   Verizon Getting iPhone EmptyFri 30 Jul 2010, 10:58 pm

Epic!

Nice find! +1
Back to top Go down
Sgt. DIA
Unranked
Unranked
Sgt. DIA

PostSubject: Re: Verizon Getting iPhone   Verizon Getting iPhone EmptySun 01 Aug 2010, 12:07 am

I am so excited for the iPhone 4 coming to Verizon.
I know originally that the iPhone was ment to go to Verizon back in 2007 when Verizon rejected it.
I am a Verizon Wireless user and in COMPLETE love with the iPhone and can't wait for it to come but, I think that AT&T is being over-protective about keeping the iPhone.

I think that with AT&T sharing the iPhone with Verizon this whole 'Anttenagate' situation with losing reception and dropping call will be resolved. Only with Verizon though ha-ha
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/TheDIAProductions
Forgotten_Gamer
Forgotten_Gamer

PostSubject: Re: Verizon Getting iPhone   Verizon Getting iPhone EmptySun 01 Aug 2010, 8:38 pm

Psh, Iphones aren't really cool anymore. Everyone has em' :-\
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Verizon Getting iPhone   Verizon Getting iPhone Empty

Back to top Go down

Verizon Getting iPhone
Page 1 of 1