Video Game Henchmen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're cheap and expendable.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who does your Webpage?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
RawlerBrawler
DONATOR
DONATOR
RawlerBrawler

Who does your Webpage? Empty
PostSubject: Who does your Webpage?   Who does your Webpage? EmptySat 26 Jun 2010, 7:06 pm

So, I was looking at your website and when I scroll down to the bottom there was a "Powered by: Blogger" area so I was wondering..."Oh wow, this doesn't look like any ordinary Blogger site." because Blogger sites are usually shitty with crappy graphics. It reminded me more of those high end blogging sites like wordpress or tumblr. So how did you guys get to do all those formatting to work at a regular Blogger site and will we be seeing more improvements in the near future?
Back to top Go down
Forgotten_Gamer
Forgotten_Gamer

PostSubject: Re: Who does your Webpage?   Who does your Webpage? EmptySat 26 Jun 2010, 7:35 pm

The web page actually does look pretty good considering it is Blogger.

Show us your secrets!
Back to top Go down
VGH_Lance
Administrator
Administrator
VGH_Lance

PostSubject: Re: Who does your Webpage?   Who does your Webpage? EmptySat 26 Jun 2010, 9:32 pm

Hey guys,
Thank you for the kind compliments regarding the website. Most of what you see is pretty much customized HTML code with a binary encoding. It's pretty simple once you get to it, but can get very tedious with all the code that you have to put in. Also, our site supports Java Script, which is one of the key aspects of our site because most blogger sites do not support Java. I, managed to stumble upon a way to bypass the bloggers HTML data and change the coding. This is one of the hardest components that I had to deal with for one wrong mistake and you might lose all your information so it is key that you save your template ahead of time before anything else happens. I would be more than happy to assist you with any of your needs just PM (Private Message) or E-mail me.

Within regards to the site update, Me and Jacob who is our broadcast manager have been talking about improving the site outlook since day 1. Our plans were to actually host the site out of a main server without having to have to use bloggers for we are very limited with such access. While we are just starting, we will go ahead and stick with this format until further notice. Till then, I would gladly keep you guys up to date on what is going on with site construction, and improved features. But, till then we will work with what we have.

Thank you for your feedback! I really appreciate your questions.
Back to top Go down
http://videogamehenchmen.com
Forgotten_Gamer
Forgotten_Gamer

PostSubject: Re: Who does your Webpage?   Who does your Webpage? EmptySat 26 Jun 2010, 11:17 pm

Haha, I got lost in the first sentence but at least someone knows what you are talking about.
Back to top Go down
RawlerBrawler
DONATOR
DONATOR
RawlerBrawler

PostSubject: Re: Who does your Webpage?   Who does your Webpage? EmptySat 26 Jun 2010, 11:42 pm

Hm. That's pretty impressive how you did that, so you are planning on moving the site to another domain or sticking with your old one? I might have to e-mail you because I am trying to make my own site as well but for some reason failing at it because my HTML knowledge isn't really that great so you might know what to do when a problem occurs. But, I'm really digging your site.
Back to top Go down
BlackKnight
BlackKnight

PostSubject: Re: Who does your Webpage?   Who does your Webpage? EmptySun 27 Jun 2010, 8:33 am

Not bad, not bad.
Back to top Go down
Superdave513
DONATOR
DONATOR
Superdave513

PostSubject: Re: Who does your Webpage?   Who does your Webpage? EmptySun 27 Jun 2010, 11:25 am

Don't make me take out my son's crayons!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who does your Webpage?   Who does your Webpage? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who does your Webpage?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Video Game Henchmen :: All About VideoGameHenchmen.com :: Who is Video Game Henchmen?-
Jump to: