Video Game Henchmen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're cheap and expendable.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PC gaming: Is it dead?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MenstrualGravy
Unranked
Unranked
MenstrualGravy

PC gaming: Is it dead? Empty
PostSubject: PC gaming: Is it dead?   PC gaming: Is it dead? EmptyThu 12 Aug 2010, 11:41 am

Think of it. PC gaming has nothing left exclusive wise! Starcraft 2 was a biggie and a fantastic game but whats next? Another MMO that requires an annoying monthly fee? Not only that most multiplatform games are better enjoyed on xbox and ps3 like mass effect 1 and 2 the orange box left 4 dead etc. Im not bashing the pc i like the sims 2 world of warcarft and others but lets face it. The pc is no console. What do you think? Is it dead/dying?
Back to top Go down
Superdave513
DONATOR
DONATOR
Superdave513

PostSubject: Re: PC gaming: Is it dead?   PC gaming: Is it dead? EmptyThu 12 Aug 2010, 7:26 pm

Quote :
PC gaming has nothing left exclusive wise!
Besides practically every game on every console before 7th generation. The PC will games from N64, Genesis, Neo Geo and then has two decades of exclusive games.

Quote :
The pc is no console.
What? The PC does everything a console does better and then just for teh lulz does 1000 things more.

Quote :
What do you think? Is it dead/dying?
Dying at a very slow rate. The PC gaming community is much smaller than the console communities which is one reason you don't see as many PC gamers around.
Back to top Go down
XboxLuke540
Rookie Member
Rookie Member
XboxLuke540

PostSubject: Re: PC gaming: Is it dead?   PC gaming: Is it dead? EmptyThu 12 Aug 2010, 7:31 pm

Yeah, I still like my Diablo and Sims as well as Spores.
Back to top Go down
VGH_Jacob
Administrator
Administrator
VGH_Jacob

PostSubject: Re: PC gaming: Is it dead?   PC gaming: Is it dead? EmptyThu 12 Aug 2010, 7:43 pm

I've never been a big PC gamer, I think the only games I really played were the Myst series, so I'm not the most qualified to talk about it, but I think that I agree with Dave, that PC is slowly dying. There are people who will swear by PC gaming, and they will stick with it, but the money it takes to have a quality gaming rig is a huge barrier of entry that a majority of people won't get past. With the ease of picking up a console and going, I think that will always be the staple and will eventually cause PC gaming to die off.
Back to top Go down
http://www.videogamehenchmen.com/
Venusflywap
Rookie Member
Rookie Member
Venusflywap

PostSubject: Re: PC gaming: Is it dead?   PC gaming: Is it dead? EmptyThu 12 Aug 2010, 11:45 pm

VGH_Jacob wrote:
I've never been a big PC gamer, I think the only games I really played were the Myst series, so I'm not the most qualified to talk about it, but I think that I agree with Dave, that PC is slowly dying. There are people who will swear by PC gaming, and they will stick with it, but the money it takes to have a quality gaming rig is a huge barrier of entry that a majority of people won't get past. With the ease of picking up a console and going, I think that will always be the staple and will eventually cause PC gaming to die off.

I agree with Jacob, it's twice as expensive to buy a PC that is capable of gaming rather than buying a console that is JUST MENT for gaming.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PC gaming: Is it dead?   PC gaming: Is it dead? Empty

Back to top Go down

PC gaming: Is it dead?
Page 1 of 1