Video Game Henchmen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're cheap and expendable.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Enslaved, Anyone thinking about it? or at least contemplated about it?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MrZero1982
Unranked
Unranked
MrZero1982

Enslaved, Anyone thinking about it? or at least contemplated about it? Empty
PostSubject: Enslaved, Anyone thinking about it? or at least contemplated about it?   Enslaved, Anyone thinking about it? or at least contemplated about it? EmptySat 25 Sep 2010, 8:17 pm

So, this game it's based off a legend in the east.

Enslaved, Anyone thinking about it? or at least contemplated about it? _44672710_monkey416x300

The Monkey King!
It was said that, he was very arrogant and almost show-offish.

Buddha challenged the Monkey King, that if he can get across his palm with a single jump Buddha would never bother him again. So with Monkey King's ego he said, "I accept your challenge." Monkey King then jumps as far as he can, and as he was jumping he see's a column from far away. He then decides to write "I was here" to show the Buddha that he reached the farthest point. He comes back to Buddha saying, guess what I defeated you! Buddha then tells the foolish monkey, to look at his hand and there it was on Buddha's finger, saying "I was here." so Monkey King was every in service to Buddha, in which he assigns Monkey King to be a Monk's guardian who is going to deliver sacred parchments and documents across the land. To keep Monkey King from disobeying his master, Buddha put a crown on him. Every time he disobeys his master, the crown shrinks and shrinks and shrinks until his skull is crushed.

Back to top Go down
Forgotten_Gamer
Forgotten_Gamer

PostSubject: Re: Enslaved, Anyone thinking about it? or at least contemplated about it?   Enslaved, Anyone thinking about it? or at least contemplated about it? EmptySat 25 Sep 2010, 8:21 pm

It was also Jet Ree in Forbidden Kingdom Wink

Enslaved, Anyone thinking about it? or at least contemplated about it? Monkey-king-5
Back to top Go down
ToddyLingus
Rookie Member
Rookie Member
ToddyLingus

PostSubject: Re: Enslaved, Anyone thinking about it? or at least contemplated about it?   Enslaved, Anyone thinking about it? or at least contemplated about it? EmptySun 26 Sep 2010, 7:53 pm

Interesting story, Zero.

I thought the demo was pretty cool. But it would have been nice to have a level with a broad setting showing stuff you could do throughout the game. Instead of just letting you Plautus first level. The video at the end was nice but some of those things could look better than they actually play.
Back to top Go down
Forgotten_Gamer
Forgotten_Gamer

PostSubject: Re: Enslaved, Anyone thinking about it? or at least contemplated about it?   Enslaved, Anyone thinking about it? or at least contemplated about it? EmptySun 26 Sep 2010, 7:58 pm

To be honest didn't really care about Enslaved before, but after the demo I'm thinking about picking this game up when it comes out. But it had some problems. I thought the platforming was waaay to easy. The part where you are climbing up the wing as a building is coming closer and closer was amazing, but all I did was point the analog stick up and pressed X. The other parts where you are climbing, jumping and swinging you do almost the same thing. You just point the stick in the general direction and press X. It didn't feel like Uncharted's climbing, because in Uncharted you feel like every gap is too far, but you just make it, and climbing is like a puzzle. Also it doesn't feel like you are on an airplane's wing. How the hell can Monkey jump forward against the wind without being blown off? Lastly, for some reason I think the visuals looked too sharp, with sharp edges on the characters and environments. And there were lots of clipping in the cut-scenes and the voices didn't sync with the characters mouths. On the bright side, the story was fantastic, even if this was just a taste. Some of the set piece moments were incredible, and the voice work was top notch.
Back to top Go down
Zombie Toast
Zombie Toast

PostSubject: Re: Enslaved, Anyone thinking about it? or at least contemplated about it?   Enslaved, Anyone thinking about it? or at least contemplated about it? EmptySun 26 Sep 2010, 9:01 pm

I was excited for this game and still am after the demo. However, the combat was very shallow and the platforming was automatic practically.

Hopefully in the full game the combat expands more and platforming because more challenging. If not then I'm afraid I will get bored with the game regardless on how interesting the story/characters are.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Enslaved, Anyone thinking about it? or at least contemplated about it?   Enslaved, Anyone thinking about it? or at least contemplated about it? Empty

Back to top Go down

Enslaved, Anyone thinking about it? or at least contemplated about it?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Video Game Henchmen :: Platform Exclusive Forums :: Cross-Platform Game Discussion-
Jump to: