Video Game Henchmen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're cheap and expendable.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Debate: Facebook Sweepstakes

Go down 
+5
Left4DeadFan
GlaDos
Zombie Toast
Superdave513
Forgotten_Gamer
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Forgotten_Gamer
Forgotten_Gamer

Debate: Facebook Sweepstakes Empty
PostSubject: Debate: Facebook Sweepstakes   Debate: Facebook Sweepstakes EmptyMon 18 Oct 2010, 7:46 pm

So, I hate to be the one to be the dick here but I want to debate the idea of this sweepstakes and the people currently joining the facebook group. If you guys haven't noticed already there have been a couple of new faces, and a few strangers in the facebook page that you guys have never even heard of. While, the page first started as 30+ now it's increased to 46 in a matter of 12 hours when the announcement of the sweepstakes. By any chance, do you think it is because of the money that people are joining but not really participating in the site? What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Superdave513
DONATOR
DONATOR
Superdave513

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Facebook Sweepstakes   Debate: Facebook Sweepstakes EmptyMon 18 Oct 2010, 7:55 pm

Eh, I feel like it's a good way to promote the site. No matter how anonymous they are, or who they are. At least they are actually seeing the site, reading the details, visiting it, then the job is done. After all isn't that what it is important at the end of the day site promotion? I feel like it's not a bad thing but there is also a feeling within me saying they do not deserve it as much as the participating forum members but I am sure there will be other contests that will tests our loyalties and more deserving people can achieve worthy prizes but until then this is a great promotional move for VGH.
Back to top Go down
Zombie Toast
Zombie Toast

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Facebook Sweepstakes   Debate: Facebook Sweepstakes EmptyMon 18 Oct 2010, 8:01 pm

I hope they spread the word to other people regarding about the site. Although, it reduces their chances of winning VGH's name will travel through networks. I mean, so far it's look good. I wish more people joined the forums though. I saw one of the Admin's attempt to recruit them to the forums but no luck since nobody really joined except your everyday Joined and Lurk people.
Back to top Go down
GlaDos
Administrator
Administrator
GlaDos

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Facebook Sweepstakes   Debate: Facebook Sweepstakes EmptyMon 18 Oct 2010, 8:16 pm

User interface: Video Game Henchmen Facebook Data Graph

Debate: Facebook Sweepstakes Screenshot20101018at813
Back to top Go down
https://videogamehenchmen.forumotion.com
Left4DeadFan
Left4DeadFan

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Facebook Sweepstakes   Debate: Facebook Sweepstakes EmptyMon 18 Oct 2010, 9:13 pm

Thanks for the Graph, you can actually see the difference when Lance posted up that announcement regarding the sweepstakes on the site and how much activity it actually affected in the Facebook page. Money is an incentive, we all know that so it's not really something to be surprised about. Plus, it's not something you guys should be upset about either, because you want what is best for the site and this seems to be something benefiting it.
Back to top Go down
Rob_Keyes
DONATOR
DONATOR
Rob_Keyes

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Facebook Sweepstakes   Debate: Facebook Sweepstakes EmptyMon 18 Oct 2010, 9:20 pm

Benefiting it only for the main focus of "money". I feel like people are greedy, and everyone will try to get a quick fix here and there so they think this is their chance to actually get a material prize with doing less effort. Which is understandable, but unfair at the same time but it's a very grey subject area for, you can't really blame them or accuse them because you do not know what their intent is.
Back to top Go down
Obasanjo
Unranked
Unranked
Obasanjo

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Facebook Sweepstakes   Debate: Facebook Sweepstakes EmptyMon 18 Oct 2010, 9:38 pm

Debate: Facebook Sweepstakes N1096860317_30380554_5898

I say it's good for business Wink
Back to top Go down
shivertimbermike
shivertimbermike

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Facebook Sweepstakes   Debate: Facebook Sweepstakes EmptyMon 18 Oct 2010, 9:51 pm

It's hard to say for sure, but hey it's a sweepstakes. You win, or you lose big deal at least we have each other.
Back to top Go down
VGH_Evan
Administrator
Administrator
VGH_Evan

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Facebook Sweepstakes   Debate: Facebook Sweepstakes EmptyTue 19 Oct 2010, 12:49 am

If it makes you feel better, I love yall over anyone new <3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Facebook Sweepstakes   Debate: Facebook Sweepstakes Empty

Back to top Go down

Debate: Facebook Sweepstakes
Page 1 of 1