Video Game Henchmen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're cheap and expendable.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RED RING OF DEATH

Go down 
+6
VGH_Evan
Joemama
KnightoFone
JeremyJ
Superdave513
DahJew
10 posters
AuthorMessage
DahJew
Unranked
Unranked

RED RING OF DEATH Empty
PostSubject: RED RING OF DEATH   RED RING OF DEATH EmptyWed 03 Nov 2010, 11:58 pm

I just sent in my 360 to Microsoft to fix a 3 ring RROD error. This system was pretty heavily used before I bought it, so I'm not at all surprised. When I asked my friend about how many times it had red-ringed on him, he said that he had to send it in 3 times before. I can't really afford to buy the new S model 360, so I'm stuck with this one....

What a modern marvel of engineering. So, how many times have you guys had some kind of error on your 360?
Back to top Go down
Superdave513
DONATOR
DONATOR
Superdave513

RED RING OF DEATH Empty
PostSubject: Re: RED RING OF DEATH   RED RING OF DEATH EmptyThu 04 Nov 2010, 12:00 am

"thast how we get ya" - Microsoft
Back to top Go down
JeremyJ
Unranked
Unranked

RED RING OF DEATH Empty
PostSubject: Re: RED RING OF DEATH   RED RING OF DEATH EmptyThu 04 Nov 2010, 12:01 am

Hang on, so if an Xbox is out of warranty you have to pay to get it fixed? I was under the impression it didn't matter. God damn 360's.....
I've had so many consoles in my life, and i don't remember any of them breaking. No joke, I have my original mega drive, super nintendo dreamcast sega saturn gameboys (you get the idea) and the ALL still work!!! Next Gen my ass.

Back to top Go down
KnightoFone
Unranked
Unranked

RED RING OF DEATH Empty
PostSubject: Re: RED RING OF DEATH   RED RING OF DEATH EmptyThu 04 Nov 2010, 12:07 am

Don't be saddened by your loss, this happens way too often and has happened to me three times now BUT... Microsoft has given me the very best customer service I have ever experienced in my life. The first time my Xbox crapped out on me I phoned them and they sent me my Xbox coffin in the mail the very next day, sent it out, got it back THE NEXT DAY with a new faceplate and free month of Xbox Live. Same thing pretty much happened for Xbox #2, but #3 is where they really shined. My Xbox Elite was out of warrantee so I ended up phoning Xbox support and got talking to a dude who lives like an hour away from me and was the same 'demographic' as myself. I don't know how calls to India or any other countries work for you guys but I always end up wanting to jump across the phone line and strangling them but this guy was a Twenty something, Canadian, male. We ended up talking for over an hour about Halo Legends, Dante's Inferno, and Mass Effect. The guy told me straight up I couldn't fix my Xbox without paying but he went around the system and mailed/Emailed me everything I needed for a free and speedy repair but I just had to supply my own box and print the pre-paid mail sticker myself. I feel like a I made a friend that day. Because of that one employee on the phone my attitude and patience toward the Microsoft brand has been pretty strong.

Just phone them, be really nice, be patient , and good things will hopefully happen to you too! Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Joemama
Rookie Member
Rookie Member
Joemama

RED RING OF DEATH Empty
PostSubject: Re: RED RING OF DEATH   RED RING OF DEATH EmptyThu 04 Nov 2010, 12:10 am

Superdave513 wrote:
"thast how we get ya" - Microsoft

that cracked me up man!!!!!!! Awesome!
But I mean seriously, if a car has a serious defect, we all know the calculation of whether they do a recall or not thanks to Fight Club. So if it's a known defect, and it's void as of warranty expiry, shouldn't they HAVE to do a product recall or fix it free of warranty?
Back to top Go down
VGH_Evan
Administrator
Administrator
VGH_Evan

RED RING OF DEATH Empty
PostSubject: Re: RED RING OF DEATH   RED RING OF DEATH EmptyThu 04 Nov 2010, 1:34 am

I've had it happen twice to me. It sucks but luckily it was while they were doing the "free fixing" so it wasn't too bad. Funny thing is once I called saying my controller was broken cause I couldn't reconnect it to my xbox after I got it back, so they said they would send me a new one. The second I got off the phone I learned reconneceted it. Thanks for the free controller Microsoft. Wink
Back to top Go down
VGH_David
Administrator
Administrator

RED RING OF DEATH Empty
PostSubject: Re: RED RING OF DEATH   RED RING OF DEATH EmptyThu 04 Nov 2010, 6:32 am

Once to me, it took over 2 years tho. I had a FIRST gen Xbox 360, got it like 2 months after the system was released.

I got it back 2 weeks later, and the same day it got Red Rings again.

I got the next one back in 2 days.
Back to top Go down
VGH_Jacob
Administrator
Administrator
VGH_Jacob

RED RING OF DEATH Empty
PostSubject: Re: RED RING OF DEATH   RED RING OF DEATH EmptyThu 04 Nov 2010, 8:10 am

I've had the dreaded RROD 3 times now. Having 2 other brothers, our Xbox was used quite a bit so it's really not too much of a shock, although I felt like a 4th time would've been the last straw. Fortunately every time our's broke, it was within the "free repair" period so I didn't have to pay anything. I can't say I had as speedy a repair as KnightoFone, it probably took a week to week and a half for the repair, but the experience wasn't too terrible you just have to be a little patient. I think all the newer consoles though are pretty reliable, I own one of the slim 360s and it is one of the quietest and most efficient machines I own.

On a side note, I have to agree with JeremyJ, it seems like older consoles were always extremely reliable, like my Super Nintendo, N64 and GameCube. The only thing I can think of, is that all of the Xbox Live features and downloads and next gen hardware really takes a toll on the console and Microsoft just didn't have the equipment necessary at the time to cool things down and ensure the system runs smoothly.
Back to top Go down
http://www.videogamehenchmen.com/
Zombie Toast
Zombie Toast

RED RING OF DEATH Empty
PostSubject: Re: RED RING OF DEATH   RED RING OF DEATH EmptyThu 04 Nov 2010, 8:30 am

Red Ring of Deaths are never fun. I remember when I first got mine, I was like...

Neutral What do I do now?

but, thank god for the S version. Although, I heard that it has the same problem sooner or later down the line and when that happens I will probably end up killing someone.
Back to top Go down
Epic Fail Guy
Epic Fail Guy

RED RING OF DEATH Empty
PostSubject: Re: RED RING OF DEATH   RED RING OF DEATH EmptyThu 04 Nov 2010, 8:18 pm

i got one the day before spring break and i was deeply saddened as well...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

RED RING OF DEATH Empty
PostSubject: Re: RED RING OF DEATH   RED RING OF DEATH Empty

Back to top Go down

RED RING OF DEATH
Page 1 of 1