Video Game Henchmen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're cheap and expendable.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 21

Go down 
+10
IMDREAMINGBIG
Joemama
BlackKnight
Venusflywap
Indiana Cajones
Obasanjo
Superdave513
FightingCanucks
Forgotten_Gamer
VGH_Jacob
14 posters
AuthorMessage
VGH_Jacob
Administrator
Administrator
VGH_Jacob

Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 21 Empty
PostSubject: Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 21   Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 21 EmptySat 04 Dec 2010, 2:19 am

First time questioners, Please read:

This is the thread for people to post their questions to the guys of the podcast. The questions can be anything!

PLEASE READ ALL OTHER QUESTIONS IN THE THREAD BEFORE ASKING YOURS TO MAKE SURE SOMEONE ELSE HASN'T ALREADY ASKED IT.
Back to top Go down
http://www.videogamehenchmen.com/
Forgotten_Gamer
Forgotten_Gamer

PostSubject: Re: Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 21   Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 21 EmptyFri 10 Dec 2010, 8:03 am

With the recent release of major game sequels with very similar environments (ac2.5, New Vegas, Bioshock 2, dead rising 2 felt like a mall) does the news that Elder Scrolls V is taking place in the same world as Oblivion show a pattern that will become even more present in future sequels? Is this a good sign that developers are not trying to fix a broken thing or is it simply lack of time between games?
Back to top Go down
FightingCanucks
Rookie Member
Rookie Member
FightingCanucks

PostSubject: Re: Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 21   Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 21 EmptyFri 10 Dec 2010, 8:04 am

Is there any games in the past or present that have had an interesting unlockable in-game item, be it gameplay changing or cosmetic, that you wanted and fought for until you finally achieved it, what game was it and what was the unlockable item that made you take that long stride to obtaining it.
Back to top Go down
Superdave513
DONATOR
DONATOR
Superdave513

PostSubject: Re: Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 21   Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 21 EmptyFri 10 Dec 2010, 8:05 am

Which game that you played had the best atmosphere?
Back to top Go down
Obasanjo
Unranked
Unranked
Obasanjo

PostSubject: Re: Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 21   Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 21 EmptyFri 10 Dec 2010, 8:07 am

I can safely deduce that "Murder Your Maker" is Prototype 2. But considering the hate for the first game. People hate the news. Alpha Protocol I heard landed on a cliffhanger but in a GameInformer months ago it was announced that the sequel was canceled due to sales.

I'm all for devs taking chances which not many does. I remember the good reviews Assassin's Creed 1 got but cuz of it's overwhelming repetition, it become Love it or Hate it. When Assassin's Creed 2 came out, it was a VAST improvement but due to the EVEN EASIER combat and A.I, the broken Banking System and many others, and even complaints about repetition again despite the variety, it too became Love it or Hate it.

I've seen in around the internet like the chat and forums and Youtube comment sections "Is Brotherhood worth it?" I do not hear that for games like Reach, Black Ops, New Vegas etc. Assassin's Creed will always be scarred via Assassin's Creed 1's status.

Prototype was flawed and I'm looking forward to "Murder Your Maker" and the 7-8 scores were treated as 3-4 scores. Are they important cuz of the VERY high standards Gamers have these days?

That said: How important are First Impressions to an IP?
Back to top Go down
Indiana Cajones
Unranked
Unranked
Indiana Cajones

PostSubject: Re: Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 21   Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 21 EmptyFri 10 Dec 2010, 8:08 am

When you guys pick up a game and play it for hours and not realize it, do you feel like your stuck in the game because of the rich story or believeable characters? Number of good games that i felt like i was in it were dragon age: origins, uncharted 2, assassin creed II, oblivion, heavy rain etc.
Back to top Go down
Venusflywap
Rookie Member
Rookie Member
Venusflywap

PostSubject: Re: Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 21   Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 21 EmptyFri 10 Dec 2010, 8:08 am

Has there ever been a gaping hole in a game's story that ruined the story for you?
Back to top Go down
BlackKnight
BlackKnight

PostSubject: Re: Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 21   Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 21 EmptyFri 10 Dec 2010, 8:10 am

Mods. Mods can add a lot to a game. Add a car mod to Fallout 3 to drive around in the world. Get character skin mods for Left 4 Dead to have teletubi zombies
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-db9qgn99o
or play as Bayonetta in Resident evil 4 pc

my question,
If you could make mods for any game, pc, console, whatever, what game would you want to mod and what would you do? add stuff? take away parts of the game? whatever you desire.
Back to top Go down
Joemama
Rookie Member
Rookie Member
Joemama

PostSubject: Re: Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 21   Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 21 EmptyFri 10 Dec 2010, 8:13 am

I have a quick question. I've always thought of story as an extremely important part to a video game. However, I've played quite a few games with little to no story at all lately that I have immensely enjoyed.

My question is, do you prefer games which have an extremely deep story, with slightly less emphasis on game-play (Heavy Rain, Mass Effect), or a game which lacks a complex or deep plot, but makes up for it in terrific game-play (Vanquish, Super Meat Boy)? I'm not saying games like Mass Effect don't have fun game-play, but the focus is obviously more on the story.
Back to top Go down
IMDREAMINGBIG
Unranked
Unranked
IMDREAMINGBIG

PostSubject: Re: Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 21   Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 21 EmptyFri 10 Dec 2010, 8:14 am

here has been a growing trend in the industry with pre-order DLC tied to certain venues (Gamestop, Best Buy, ect...). Previously, said DLC has consisted of things such as different costumes and weapons but now it's becoming more common for more significant things, such as missions, to be pre-order bonuses (see the pre-order bonus packs for Deus Ex: Human Revolution).

My question how do you all feel about pre-order DLC?
Back to top Go down
XboxLuke540
Rookie Member
Rookie Member
XboxLuke540

PostSubject: Re: Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 21   Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 21 EmptyFri 10 Dec 2010, 8:15 am

For the first time ever a song from a video game is nominated for a Grammy. It is a very odd choice (coming from Civ IV) which leads me to my question; what are some of the best songs/themes from video games that bring back memories and emotions?

Ex. Zelda songs, FF theme, Battlefield theme, SotC battle music, "Snake Eater".
Back to top Go down
Zombie Toast
Zombie Toast

PostSubject: Re: Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 21   Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 21 EmptyFri 10 Dec 2010, 8:16 am

My question is directed to gameplay. Mainly in the means of which do most of you think is better to do? Such as going around completing objectives mindlessly or to create your own experiences.
Back to top Go down
IMDREAMINGBIG
Unranked
Unranked
IMDREAMINGBIG

PostSubject: Re: Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 21   Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 21 EmptyFri 10 Dec 2010, 8:17 am

Question - With the recent announcement of Uncharted 3 via the VGH site, I found myself commenting that I would be having a media blackout for this game. This is due to finding multiple games over exposed in the media to the point where set pieces and important plot points are apparent before i've even played the game. There is the obvious argument of yes - you don't HAVE to look at it, but do you feel like me that the amount that some games reveal before release should be decreased and if so what other options are there to gain a market before release.

Example if needed - A great example from this year was Dead Rising Case 0 which offered the fundimentals of the main game without spoiling the story - if anything through playing this you got more out of the full game in both content and a link to the characters introduced (Chuck and his daughter).
Back to top Go down
ToddyLingus
Rookie Member
Rookie Member
ToddyLingus

PostSubject: Re: Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 21   Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 21 EmptyFri 10 Dec 2010, 8:18 am

The Sleeper Hit. The unsung heros of wavering genres and the hope for bigger things in video games. Although these games are underrated, under-promoted, and sometimes even under-developed they bring new and interesting ideas and concepts to the video game industry. What do you believe are the best sleeper hits of this year? And what are the best new ideas these games have produced that can be used by larger developers?
Back to top Go down
BETWEENTHELINES
Unranked
Unranked

PostSubject: Re: Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 21   Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 21 EmptyFri 10 Dec 2010, 8:18 am

Do you think that DLC is causing game developers to put less effort in their games?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 21   Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 21 Empty

Back to top Go down

Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 21
Page 1 of 1