Video Game Henchmen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're cheap and expendable.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General PS3 Question

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Midnight_Walker
Banned
Banned
Midnight_Walker

General PS3 Question Empty
PostSubject: General PS3 Question   General PS3 Question EmptyThu 29 Jul 2010, 10:41 pm

Looking to buy a PS3, I've had a PlayStation and a PS2.
I've been reading that I will be able to play PS1 games but not PS2 on the new PS3.
Is this true? If so, is there a download/update to change this?
Back to top Go down
Left4DeadFan
Left4DeadFan

PostSubject: Re: General PS3 Question   General PS3 Question EmptyThu 29 Jul 2010, 10:59 pm

Unless you browse around on eBay and find a first generation PS3 then you're out of luck buddy, but if your PS2 is still kicking then there shouldn't be an issue. The PS3 is a great console and the exclusives are awesome! Uncharted and Uncharted 2 should be reason enough to buy a PS3. There's also Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of The Patriots if you're a MGS fan, and there's also LittleBigPlanet which is the best platformer in existence, inFAMOUS which is a pretty badass superhero game which was badass enough to warrant a sequel as one is currently in development. There's also God of War III, and the HD remakes of the first two God of War games. There's also some awesome games announced at e3 such as Twisted Metal, and LittleBigPlanet 2. Plus as a bonus you get a Blu-Ray player... So what are you waiting for? Go right this second and buy one!
Back to top Go down
VGH_Jacob
Administrator
Administrator
VGH_Jacob

PostSubject: Re: General PS3 Question   General PS3 Question EmptyThu 29 Jul 2010, 11:18 pm

Sadly, Left4DeadFan is right, all new PS3s are currently not backwards compatible, like he said you're gonna have to search around on eBay for one or just live without it. However, Left4DeadFan's list should be proof enough that the PS3 does have plenty of great games that warrant a purchase, with Uncharted 2 being one of the best games I've ever had the pleasure of playing. A PS3 is definitely not a bad purchase in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
http://www.videogamehenchmen.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General PS3 Question   General PS3 Question Empty

Back to top Go down

General PS3 Question
Page 1 of 1