Video Game Henchmen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're cheap and expendable.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HDMI Cable Question

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
asdfghjkl
Rookie Member
Rookie Member
asdfghjkl

HDMI Cable Question Empty
PostSubject: HDMI Cable Question   HDMI Cable Question EmptyMon 16 Aug 2010, 6:11 pm

My friend just recently got one for his PS3 and the huge step-up in graphics was very apparent.I was thinking of also getting one for my PS3 but I have an SD TV(my friend has an HD TV).Would the quality amp up at all for my SD TV or would it do nothing?Would it make the subtitles in my games any bigger because I'm sick of how small the subtitles are(the biggest offender being Assassin's Creed II).Seriously,I can barely see them and it's especially bad when they're speaking Italian because I can't understand what they're saying.
Back to top Go down
VGH_Jacob
Administrator
Administrator
VGH_Jacob

PostSubject: Re: HDMI Cable Question   HDMI Cable Question EmptyMon 16 Aug 2010, 6:17 pm

I don't think SD TVs have an HDMI input, so you would probably be wasting your money, and there wouldn't be any noticeable difference. HD TVs, that are 720p or 1080p enabled, are where you are really going to notice the difference HDMI makes. The best thing you can do, without buying a new TV, would be to check if your TV has an input for Component cables, those are the red, blue, green cables. If it does, then you should be able to go into your PS3's settings and bump up the quality. If not, then it looks like you're stuck with SD right now. Hope that helps.
Back to top Go down
http://www.videogamehenchmen.com/
Forgotten_Gamer
Forgotten_Gamer

PostSubject: Re: HDMI Cable Question   HDMI Cable Question EmptyMon 16 Aug 2010, 6:24 pm

You going to have to buy a 1080p display if you want to use a hdmi cable. Then again it will work on a 1080p monitor at least.

Of course it would work with a 720p display, however I refuse to acknowledge that as being good enough.
Back to top Go down
Claustrophobic Clown
Rookie Member
Rookie Member
Claustrophobic Clown

PostSubject: Re: HDMI Cable Question   HDMI Cable Question EmptyMon 16 Aug 2010, 6:31 pm

S-video would be the best that you could do on SDTVs (to my knowledge).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HDMI Cable Question   HDMI Cable Question Empty

Back to top Go down

HDMI Cable Question
Page 1 of 1