Video Game Henchmen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're cheap and expendable.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Monday Night Combat

Go down 
+8
Venusflywap
VGH_Jacob
BlackKnight
Superdave513
Izzitch
XboxLuke540
MenstrualGravy
laaka2raw
12 posters
AuthorMessage
laaka2raw
Unranked
Unranked
laaka2raw

Monday Night Combat Empty
PostSubject: Monday Night Combat   Monday Night Combat EmptyThu 12 Aug 2010, 11:48 am

So me and a couple others downloaded Monday Night Combat yesterday and it is one of the funnest most addicting games you can play with friends.Honestly it was hard for us to even get off.
Back to top Go down
MenstrualGravy
Unranked
Unranked
MenstrualGravy

PostSubject: Re: Monday Night Combat   Monday Night Combat EmptyThu 12 Aug 2010, 12:01 pm

10 Monday Night Combat Facts

-Uber Entertainment started in a two bedroom apartment two years ago with six developers, now their office is 16 people strong.

-Monday Night Combat was code named "Hostile" - for obvious reasons - internally for the first year of development

-Uber loves all things bacon including bacon doughnuts, bacon flavored mayonnaise, bacon flavored envelopes. They celebrated finishing the game with bacon flavored vodka!

-The Mascot in Monday Night Combat was inspired by the Tron suit guy, Richard Simmons, and the King from Burger King.

-Some of the people working at Uber include an improv teaching barista, a wall running ninja, and a belly dancer that raises alpacas...

-During production there were two babies born and two marriages.. but not in that order.

-There are over 2000 animations in Monday Night Combat, mostly done by a single animator.

-Monday Night Combat has been played for over 16,768 hours by the Uber team during development

-During development over 5200 lattes were consumed. Number of toilet breaks is still unconfirmed.

-Some of the inspirations for the Monday Night Combat include Idiocracy, Running Man, Robocop, GI Joe, A-Team, Wall-E, and The Incredibles.

Back to top Go down
XboxLuke540
Rookie Member
Rookie Member
XboxLuke540

PostSubject: Re: Monday Night Combat   Monday Night Combat EmptyThu 12 Aug 2010, 7:22 pm

I really wanna try this game out, the demo looks really awesome.
Back to top Go down
Izzitch
Unranked
Unranked

PostSubject: Re: Monday Night Combat   Monday Night Combat EmptyThu 12 Aug 2010, 10:34 pm

Best game of Summer of Arcade, hands down.

i think some of the classes could be tweaked a bit, but overall it is balanced enough for now.

Also my highlight is that I can get a shit load of money and summon an army of Jackbots in overtime.

That is the greatest thing ever.
Back to top Go down
Superdave513
DONATOR
DONATOR
Superdave513

PostSubject: Re: Monday Night Combat   Monday Night Combat EmptyThu 12 Aug 2010, 10:39 pm

Anyone getting a Barry from burn notice vibe from the support class ?

Monday Night Combat 1402984-tr_mondaynightcombat_061410_700_52_super Monday Night Combat 1464282-paultei4_super
Back to top Go down
BlackKnight
BlackKnight

PostSubject: Re: Monday Night Combat   Monday Night Combat EmptyThu 12 Aug 2010, 10:58 pm

Izzitch wrote:
Best game of Summer of Arcade, hands down.

i think some of the classes could be tweaked a bit, but overall it is balanced enough for now.

Also my highlight is that I can get a shit load of money and summon an army of Jackbots in overtime.

That is the greatest thing ever.

S'funny cause when the titles were first announced I thought MNC looked like the weakest link, but the more I see and hear the more it seems like the crown jewel.
Back to top Go down
VGH_Jacob
Administrator
Administrator
VGH_Jacob

PostSubject: Re: Monday Night Combat   Monday Night Combat EmptyThu 12 Aug 2010, 11:07 pm

LOL the support class looks exactly like Barry! And yeah I agree with you BlackKnight, this looked like one of the more "meh" titles but from what I hear everyone is really enjoying it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.videogamehenchmen.com/
Venusflywap
Rookie Member
Rookie Member
Venusflywap

PostSubject: Re: Monday Night Combat   Monday Night Combat EmptyThu 12 Aug 2010, 11:24 pm

t was fun for an afternoon but I'm not sure I'll ever play it again. So far my least favorite game of the Summer of Arcade (bought them all so far).

Also, the achievements are stupid easy. I got all 200 points in like 4 hours.
Back to top Go down
shivertimbermike
shivertimbermike

PostSubject: Re: Monday Night Combat   Monday Night Combat EmptyThu 12 Aug 2010, 11:56 pm

I'm really really starting to enjoy myself, the game is addicting and super fun. I've been playing as pretty much all classes and I'm pretty okay with the Assault guy. The Tanks are just crazy hard to get down sometimes, but I feel the game is quite balanced overall. Assassin can be annoying, but even though they are pretty useless (in my opinion) they do make it up by being fun to play as.
Back to top Go down
BeefStew
Unranked
Unranked
BeefStew

PostSubject: Re: Monday Night Combat   Monday Night Combat EmptyFri 13 Aug 2010, 12:25 am

I haven't logged a ton of hours yet, but I am trying to figure out how the assasin is good. In the co-op mode they seem horrible. The ninja stars are too weak to justify using often and otherwise you have to run right into a shitton of enemies to get your melee on, which ends quickly in death. It's not very accurate and even a group of slims is a challenge as they ping away at your health.

What am I missing here?
Back to top Go down
SirJames
Rookie Member
Rookie Member
SirJames

PostSubject: Re: Monday Night Combat   Monday Night Combat EmptyFri 13 Aug 2010, 11:21 am

I really want to get this game, but it seems like I will only be playing it for a small amount of time. :-\
Back to top Go down
Epic Fail Guy
Epic Fail Guy

PostSubject: Re: Monday Night Combat   Monday Night Combat EmptyFri 13 Aug 2010, 1:09 pm

SirJames wrote:
I really want to get this game, but it seems like I will only be playing it for a small amount of time. :-\

Once you start playing it you won't be able to stop, if you play with friends, well it's 10x better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monday Night Combat   Monday Night Combat Empty

Back to top Go down

Monday Night Combat
Page 1 of 1