Video Game Henchmen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're cheap and expendable.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite Movie?

Go down 
+4
BlackKnight
Magnum Force
RawlerBrawler
VGH_Jacob
8 posters
AuthorMessage
VGH_Jacob
Administrator
Administrator
VGH_Jacob

Favorite Movie? Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Movie?   Favorite Movie? EmptySun 27 Jun 2010, 8:01 pm

What's your favorite movie of all time. Mine is The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, and if I had to choose one, it would be Return of the King. Some of the best acting, storytelling and visual effects I've ever witnessed, and I can't wait to see what they do with The Hobbit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.videogamehenchmen.com/
RawlerBrawler
DONATOR
DONATOR
RawlerBrawler

Favorite Movie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movie?   Favorite Movie? EmptySun 27 Jun 2010, 8:16 pm

Oh shhoot, Lord of the Rings is up there in my favs.

Recently, I like anything Quintin Tarantino does.

Kill Bill is probably the best.
Back to top Go down
Magnum Force
Magnum Force

Favorite Movie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movie?   Favorite Movie? EmptySun 27 Jun 2010, 10:56 pm

Lord of the Rings is good, and I can't wait what they will do with the Hobbit movie. Is Peter Jackson directing it? hopefully they stick with the same director or else it will lose it's touch.

But, I guess if I was to name a favorite movie as of today I would probably say....

Favorite Movie? Toy_story_3

Toy Story 3 is up there.
Back to top Go down
BlackKnight
BlackKnight

Favorite Movie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movie?   Favorite Movie? EmptySun 27 Jun 2010, 11:15 pm

I really want to see Toy Story 3.

but my favorite is Book of Eli.

I though the story is brilliant, specially the twist at the very end.

Also, another one up there is The Road.

I'm a sucker for Post Apocalyptic.
Back to top Go down
VGH_Jacob
Administrator
Administrator
VGH_Jacob

Favorite Movie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movie?   Favorite Movie? EmptySun 27 Jun 2010, 11:24 pm

Fine choices. I thought Book of Eli was awesome, I really enjoyed Gary Oldman's character as the kind of corrupt dictator, I thought he did an amazing job. I really enjoyed The Road as well, most of my friends found it to be too depressing though. Did you read the book BlackKnight? If you haven't I would definitely recommend it. Its a very easy read and while movie was great, I think the themes are presented much more clearly and effectively in the book.

Oh, and I'm actually starting to want to see Toy Story 3D after all of the rave reviews. I think me and some friends were planning on seeing it sometime soon.
Back to top Go down
Rob_Keyes
DONATOR
DONATOR
Rob_Keyes

Favorite Movie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movie?   Favorite Movie? EmptySun 27 Jun 2010, 11:35 pm

I, too also wish I could see Toy Story 3. I've been hearing people ascending into heaven after watching that movie. It's like the final piece of the puzzle before you self combust and ascend into rapture. But seriously, I do want to see it because I think the very first movie came out when I was a wee little lad.

The Road is AMAZING. It's dark and depressing...yes....but it's supposed to be. I mean, what kind of post apocalyptic movie would it be if it is happy and comedic. THIS AIN'T NO MAD MAX. I also read the book, and it seems like the director has captured the essence of the book and put it into movie form. Amazing Amazing movie. *tear*

Now, onward to my kinda movie...I like action and vengeful types. Now, recently I just watched Taken with Liam Neeson and my goodness I literally crapped myself and did the number three because that movie was just amazing. Liam Neeson your my hero <3
Back to top Go down
VGH_Jacob
Administrator
Administrator
VGH_Jacob

Favorite Movie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movie?   Favorite Movie? EmptySun 27 Jun 2010, 11:39 pm

Liam Neeson automatically rose to B.A. status in my book, after his performance in Taken.
Back to top Go down
Rob_Keyes
DONATOR
DONATOR
Rob_Keyes

Favorite Movie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movie?   Favorite Movie? EmptySun 27 Jun 2010, 11:42 pm

VGH_Jacob wrote:
Liam Neeson automatically rose to B.A. status in my book, after his performance in Taken.

Favorite Movie? LiamNeeson
Back to top Go down
Forgotten_Gamer
Forgotten_Gamer

Favorite Movie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movie?   Favorite Movie? EmptyMon 28 Jun 2010, 12:04 am

I want to see that After Life movie Liam Neeson did. I think it came out already...

Favorite Movie? Liam-Neeson-Afterlife-Poster-aindreas-dot-com

I think a good actor can portray a bad guy in one movie and a good guy in the other.
Back to top Go down
VGH_David
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Movie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movie?   Favorite Movie? EmptyMon 28 Jun 2010, 4:18 am

Gut reaction is Return Of The King. When you end a trilogy like THAT, you earn mad props.

Toy Story 3 touched my soul, and is the 2nd best ending to any kind of TV entertainment. The first of course, being LOST (BTW no Lost spoilers on this forum...young Evan is trying to get into it and if anybody ruins this experience for him...that's just not a cool thing to do.)

I really liked The Last Samurai, The Book of Eli was awesome. Beerfest is lol-tastic. Pulp Fiction, I Am Legend, and Avatar, a Beautiful Mind, Master and Commander, Taken...

But, the one that takes the cake...is Gladiator. Russell Crowe in Gladiator was the epitome of AWESOME.

However, I should state that the best experience I have ever had watching a movie was at the midnight premier for Avatar in 3-D. I was front and center with Taco Bell in my hand, and those 3 hours BLEW ME AWAY.
Back to top Go down
Otter
Unranked
Unranked
Otter

Favorite Movie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movie?   Favorite Movie? EmptyMon 28 Jun 2010, 2:28 pm

Avatar is probably one of the most overrated/BEST movie there is. As much public attention it gets it's pretty good I have to give it that.

I like Inglorious Bastards, by Quintin Tarantino, I'm a big "Nazi" movie buff and WWII movies like Saving Private Ryan and all that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Favorite Movie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Movie?   Favorite Movie? Empty

Back to top Go down

Favorite Movie?
Page 1 of 1