Video Game Henchmen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're cheap and expendable.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Call of Duty Black Ops Rant!

Go down 
+2
Left4DeadFan
FightingCanucks
6 posters
AuthorMessage
FightingCanucks
Rookie Member
Rookie Member
FightingCanucks

Call of Duty Black Ops Rant! Empty
PostSubject: Call of Duty Black Ops Rant!   Call of Duty Black Ops Rant! EmptySat 01 Jan 2011, 10:28 pm

Ladies and gentlemen. As we are all probably aware Call Of Duty: Black Ops is walking away in almost everybody's top 10 games of the year for 2010. And my question is, why?
The multiplayer is just as flawed if not worse than that of everybody's favorite MW2. The spawn system is broken in more ways than one, the actual game has more campers than your local national park, the hit detection sucks major ass hole. And before you jump down my throat shouting 'Treyarch will fix it and BO is the greatest FTW!!!' like a douche bag, I just want you to sit back and actually observe the online. I have a KD over 1.50, so I'm not bad but at the same time I'm not fantastic. However I am observant enough to notice that camping will grant you a far better KD ratio over someone who is legitimately trying to win. I was having more fun trying to kill people from across the map with my hatchet and my ballistic knives... Why is it running around like a moron is more fun than actually getting a good score? I'll tell you why, the game lacks the necessity to actually be any good at it to win. Just equip Scavenger, hacker and ghost, enter a 2 doorway room, plant a claymore in one doorway and aim down the sights towards the other and BAM!! Your set to win. Congrats. You are now MLG pro at Black Ops.

The sad thing is though, people actually do this, and they actually do well doing this. I miss the good ol' days when CoD4 was the main game. Same killstreak setup for everyone, maps were all very open or at very least, contained multiple entries and exits to the majority of areas... I just want a fair FPS that I can win knowing that I was better then the other players... oh well.. I guess this is my way of saying goodbye CoD, you've been average at best. Maybe I will give Medal Of Honor a try... see if that is any better, does anyone even play that anymore.
Back to top Go down
Left4DeadFan
Left4DeadFan

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty Black Ops Rant!   Call of Duty Black Ops Rant! EmptySat 01 Jan 2011, 10:35 pm

Shooters aren't for you.
Back to top Go down
RawlerBrawler
DONATOR
DONATOR
RawlerBrawler

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty Black Ops Rant!   Call of Duty Black Ops Rant! EmptySat 01 Jan 2011, 10:46 pm

I have experienced none of your complaints....I haven't noticed much camping, and even if you do have campers, there are plenty of ways on every map to get to any camping spot to kill the guy that's camping, it's not that big of a deal. The hit detection is a crap load better than MW2's, I have no complaints about it. I can half-heartedly agree on the spawn system, but creating a spawning system that's fair with 8 free roaming players is no easy task.. I can guarantee you it's just as bad on Metal of Honor.

I'll agree with L4DF, maybe shooters just aren't for you. If you think that everyone is just going to spawn and run down broadway every time, that wouldn't make the game very fun.
Back to top Go down
Zombie Toast
Zombie Toast

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty Black Ops Rant!   Call of Duty Black Ops Rant! EmptySat 01 Jan 2011, 10:57 pm

Hmm I prefer CoD 4 over Mw2 and Black Ops and yes Black Ops has it faults.
Camping and other things that are player induced shouldn't be a problem.

When someone is camping you die once, circle the bastard and kill him.
And yes campers have a better k/d ratio, I know that from experience cause my mate's little brother is also a camping cunt and he has 2,8 on MW2. But you shouldn't care that other people have a better k/d, cause you're still the better player.

Every genre has it's quirks.
Most MMORPG's require lots of grinding, fighting game's require you to not kill the person next to you who is buttonbashing and with FPS games you need endure campers and constant noobtubers (there is nothing wrong with using the 'noobtube' as long it's not *ploep*KILL*ploep*Kill...Die the whole time)
Back to top Go down
Superdave513
DONATOR
DONATOR
Superdave513

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty Black Ops Rant!   Call of Duty Black Ops Rant! EmptySun 02 Jan 2011, 7:28 am

Planting claymores on one entrance and hard scoping the other doesn't make you MLG pro. Proof: MLG doesn't allow claymores.

Flaws in your post
A lot of people HATED MW2. It was not everyone's favorite.
I think your over exaggerating the hit detection. Could it be better?
Yeah. But it isn't that bad. Maybe it's just your internet/connection to
the host
Camping doesn't mean you have a K/D ratio. I have people on my friends
list who constantly move with K/D ratios over 2. Personally, I'm at 1.8
^Side note, I play with these people, my win/loss ratio is about 4

Just judging by your post, I'm assuming you play by yourself primarily. Playing with a party = winning

Good points? Sure. But this seems more like a rage post, understandable.
Back to top Go down
VGH_Evan
Administrator
Administrator
VGH_Evan

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty Black Ops Rant!   Call of Duty Black Ops Rant! EmptySun 02 Jan 2011, 4:01 pm

Everyone is titled to their own opinion, but I think your opinion is wrong. Campers are in every shooter. Halo has them, and they have always been in every online Call of Duty from Call of Duty 2 and on. Campers will always exist and if one is to excel in shooters, you have to learn how to deal with them.

One idea is that if you know where they have pitched their tent, just avoid the area entirely. Another is to toss grenades, use missile launchers, C4, or dare I even say a noob tube. Their are so many different ways to deal with campers that I've almost just stopped caring entirely about them. I personally can't camp just because I get bored waiting for someone to come, but I can't hate someone because they decide to play it safe and not run around like a chicken with their head cut off. I know if I were in a real combat situation, I sure as hell would camp.

Black Ops is in my favorite CoD multiplayer yet. I know most of VGH staff love CoD 4 just because they have each put about a month of their life into it, but Black Ops is with out a doubt the most balanced yet. I can actually count the number of times I've been killed by a noob tube on one hand, no longer is a guy running around with a knife more powerful than a guy with a gun in his hands, and killstreaks are actually fair and I believe justified. Calling in a gun ship might be overpowered, but that is a REWARD for getting 11 Kills without dying, and even more justified since killstreak rewards no longer count towards your kill streak.

All in all, I think Black Ops has the perfect balance of all the Call of Duty's yet. You still can have the fun and craziness of the last games without being a complete douche to every other gamer out there. I think that if you get past the sparse amount of campers that you would have a lot of fun with the game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty Black Ops Rant!   Call of Duty Black Ops Rant! Empty

Back to top Go down

Call of Duty Black Ops Rant!
Page 1 of 1