Video Game Henchmen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're cheap and expendable.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Controversial Black Ops Trailer

Go down 
+2
Superdave513
Forgotten_Gamer
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Forgotten_Gamer
Forgotten_Gamer

Controversial Black Ops Trailer Empty
PostSubject: Controversial Black Ops Trailer   Controversial Black Ops Trailer EmptySun 21 Nov 2010, 7:33 pm

So, I know everyone has probably seen this and it has been causing some controversy as David has said in the Podcast. What do you guys think about it?
Back to top Go down
Superdave513
DONATOR
DONATOR
Superdave513

PostSubject: Re: Controversial Black Ops Trailer   Controversial Black Ops Trailer EmptySun 21 Nov 2010, 7:36 pm

The proud noob on the rocket launcher had me rolling. Love the order cook at the end doing the classic, slow-mo walk/ready to die death walk through the middle of the mayhem. Great stuff lol. I honestly didn't think it would get that much controversy I mean c'mon it's just out of pure fun.
Back to top Go down
Evil Kupo
Unranked
Unranked
Evil Kupo

PostSubject: Re: Controversial Black Ops Trailer   Controversial Black Ops Trailer EmptySun 21 Nov 2010, 8:03 pm

I'm actually at a loss on how to begin this statement. I'll start by posting the article I read.

http://http://jezebel.com/5687655/ca...-female-gamers

Quote :
I'll continue by stating that I'm befuddled as to why the gentleman in said article has a problem with the commercial using live action sequences. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one that gets the fact that video games have a certain level of "detachment" from reality. Hell, I'm sure that's why alot of us play. Real life can produce enough feces for us to have to flush so we seek something to help us escape. To me, that's what the commercial is selling. Everyday people, celebrities, business people, etc., all enjoying the same escape. Giving each other hell in an online competitive multiplayer experience. It's fun and, again, to me that's what comes through during the commercial. We know (or at least I hope we do lol) that it's not a real war we're fighting. There's nothing personal at stake. It's all fun.

Oh, and one more thing. The "look of exasperation on the little, shotgun wielding girl's face" is not a look of annoyance. It's the same look I get when I creep up on someone or round a corner on someone with my Olympian double barrell. It's called online bliss.
Sorry if this post is a little out of left field. But I read that and was floored that someone had a problem with that commercial because of it being live action.
Back to top Go down
FairXChange
Rookie Member
Rookie Member
FairXChange

PostSubject: Re: Controversial Black Ops Trailer   Controversial Black Ops Trailer EmptySun 21 Nov 2010, 8:24 pm

People think Kobe Bryant should be suspended for appearing in this commercial because they say it breaks the NBA Code of Conduct. They seem to think it's along the same lines as Arena having a loaded gun in the locker room last year.

Here's what I have to say, what a bunch of butthurt fans who are mad their team isn't good enough to win an NBA Championship. Yeah, I'm a fan of Kobe because of the shows he can put on when playing the game of basketball. Speaking of games, isn't that what COD is? What's the difference in him appearing in a commercial promoting an upcoming Lakers game and appearing in a commercial to promote an upcoming video game?
Back to top Go down
Venusflywap
Rookie Member
Rookie Member
Venusflywap

PostSubject: Re: Controversial Black Ops Trailer   Controversial Black Ops Trailer EmptySun 21 Nov 2010, 8:33 pm

FairXChange wrote:
People think Kobe Bryant should be suspended for appearing in this commercial because they say it breaks the NBA Code of Conduct. They seem to think it's along the same lines as Arena having a loaded gun in the locker room last year.

Here's what I have to say, what a bunch of butthurt fans who are mad their team isn't good enough to win an NBA Championship. Yeah, I'm a fan of Kobe because of the shows he can put on when playing the game of basketball. Speaking of games, isn't that what COD is? What's the difference in him appearing in a commercial promoting an upcoming Lakers game and appearing in a commercial to promote an upcoming video game?

I also think Kobe should be suspended for appearing in the NBA 2K11 commercial breaking the rules of conduct by promoting cheating. Having all the top players in your franchise team Roster is a SIN.
Back to top Go down
VGH_Evan
Administrator
Administrator
VGH_Evan

PostSubject: Re: Controversial Black Ops Trailer   Controversial Black Ops Trailer EmptyMon 22 Nov 2010, 3:29 pm

Over my vast 19 years of life, I have come to the conclusion that people bitch about anything not because they are offended or do not like what they see, but just for the pure sake of complaining. Kobe and Kimmel haters will hate, as will anyone opposed to war, video games, or just overall fun. It is only a commercial and it is out right ridiculous for people to take that much offense in a measly commercial.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Controversial Black Ops Trailer   Controversial Black Ops Trailer Empty

Back to top Go down

Controversial Black Ops Trailer
Page 1 of 1