Video Game Henchmen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're cheap and expendable.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fallout: New Vegas First Look

Go down 
+3
Forgotten_Gamer
Magnum Force
Superdave513
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Superdave513
DONATOR
DONATOR
Superdave513

Fallout: New Vegas First Look Empty
PostSubject: Fallout: New Vegas First Look   Fallout: New Vegas First Look EmptyThu 29 Jul 2010, 5:53 am

Didn't see the thread and don't want to look for it right now. Here's a link to an article on IGN: Fallout: New Vegas First Look This is looking pretty awesome already. If only there was also a height adjuster. I'd make a 90-year old fat midget.
Back to top Go down
Magnum Force
Magnum Force

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas First Look   Fallout: New Vegas First Look EmptyThu 29 Jul 2010, 5:54 am

Quote :
Be warned: Hardcore mode lives up to its name. Taking that option will make the game much more realistic by -- among other things -- adding weight to even little things like bullets, forcing the player to regularly eat and drink water to stay alive, requiring a doctor visit to heal broken bones, and making Stimpaks heal over time instead of instantly. Not for the weak willed, but Obsidian is promising a treat for those that make it through to the end.
I can't fucking wait.
Quote :

During the demo I watched as the player took an uppercut swing with a 9 Iron golf club to the face of an enemy. His head flew off in a stream of blood.
...YESSS
Quote :

If there was any disappointment with my first look at Fallout: New Vegas, it came with the look. Though work has been done on the engine to improve the flow of combat and conversations, little if any was done to make it more visually appealing. It will have been two years since Fallout 3 came out by the time New Vegas hits store shelves and the animations and character models are beginning to show their age.
Well that was kinda to be expected when they just took an engine and improved on it... But ah well

The new action wheel thing looks like a great idea, and the reputation with factions is another great addition. I'm hyped. You?
Back to top Go down
Forgotten_Gamer
Forgotten_Gamer

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas First Look   Fallout: New Vegas First Look EmptyThu 29 Jul 2010, 5:55 am

I just hope they get rid of that confusing ass subway system.
Back to top Go down
BlackKnight
BlackKnight

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas First Look   Fallout: New Vegas First Look EmptyThu 29 Jul 2010, 5:55 am

Since it's in Vegas I wonder if you can gamble? Or at-least play the slots, It would add excitement and one more thing luck could take effect on.
I don't even think Vegas has subways or ever will, but I'm sure Bethesda will throw in something confusing just to throw you off.
Back to top Go down
Left4DeadFan
Left4DeadFan

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas First Look   Fallout: New Vegas First Look EmptyThu 29 Jul 2010, 5:57 am

I really don't even want to read anything about this game because it just jacks up the level of angst and wanting. On the other hand, I can't help but want to read every article, see every picture, watch every video. *sighs*
Like I put in another post here, a lot of the things they are adding sound so choice. I really like the companion wheel and the ability to better manage their equipment. One thing that sort of bugged me about the last one was giving your traveling mate some supplies only to have him (or her) drop because they weren't getting used. With the acceptance of Fawkes, I pretty much went through the whole game alone. Even made dogmeat wait at the megaton shack. Speaking of Dogmeat. I hope that's one thing they can address in this installment. I really like having him with me but after reaching a certain level, it just wasn't a feasible option to have him join you on account it would end in his death. While I don't want an all powerful type of companion that makes it too easy for me, at least allow my companion to scale in level along with the enemies I face. But then again, maybe with the new companion inventory capabilities, it'll be easier to keep your mate with you a lot longer if he or she is a little on the weaker side defensively speaking.

Totally love being able to customize my own weapons. Would have been great to be able to do that in the last one. As far as Hardcore mode...yeah, I'm feeling that too. I'll probably have two games going. One normal and one on Hardcore mode. What I really like about hardcore mode is the fact that it's not a difficulty setting so much as it is a rule placer. And factions? The article I read in Game Informer spoke a little clearer on factions and let me tell you. This might be the first game (I usually like to play a goodie two-shoes) that I actually run around like a "little jr. son of a bitch". And while I know he was irked a little bit by the graphics, I don't mind the look so much. Yes, there could be some polish work done and I'm sure that there will be just that considering there's still time to do so, but considering the setting, it would just seem appropriate to have a little bit of a grainy touch to everything. Maybe that's just me though.

As far as the post that asked about a release. I don't know if anything is set in stone but I heard a fall release for this year is on the books. Maybe October again like last time. Hmmm.....October is a good time to take a vacation down here in the south. Nice weather...slower pace after a crazy summer...football weekends and Fallout.

Yeah, I like the sound of that....
Back to top Go down
Rob_Keyes
DONATOR
DONATOR
Rob_Keyes

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas First Look   Fallout: New Vegas First Look EmptyThu 29 Jul 2010, 6:00 am

Nothing new to report, but here's another article that is sweet and short.

Fallout: New Vegas Article
Back to top Go down
JeremyJ
Unranked
Unranked

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas First Look   Fallout: New Vegas First Look EmptyThu 29 Jul 2010, 6:02 am

Hopefully in New Vegas they fix some of the glitches that fallout 3 had, mostly with companions. I've read a lot of complaints from people losing whichever companion after completing missions or whatever, and I've had a few experiences myself that were frustrating. For example after I beat the game I came back only to find Charon was stuck on top of the Jefferson memorial for some reason... I wouldn't have cared except he was carrying tons of weapons and armor and I couldn't get up there to talk with him. As long as they fix stuff like that in Vegas I think it'll be an amazing game though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas First Look   Fallout: New Vegas First Look Empty

Back to top Go down

Fallout: New Vegas First Look
Page 1 of 1