Video Game Henchmen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're cheap and expendable.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official Cheevie-holic Thread!

Go down 
+3
Forgotten_Gamer
Evil Kupo
Outlawed
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Outlawed
Unranked
Unranked
Outlawed

Official Cheevie-holic Thread! Empty
PostSubject: Official Cheevie-holic Thread!   Official Cheevie-holic Thread! EmptySun 12 Sep 2010, 1:55 pm

This thread is for people to talk about cheevies, Don't matter if it's how hard a cheevie is, rumors of cheevies, or even strategies for cheevies.
Just please keep the topic in mind when you post!

Back to top Go down
Evil Kupo
Unranked
Unranked
Evil Kupo

PostSubject: Re: Official Cheevie-holic Thread!   Official Cheevie-holic Thread! EmptySun 12 Sep 2010, 2:29 pm

I will try for Cheevies when I can. I will normally look at a games cheevies before starting a game to try and base how I play off it. 50 Kills with this gun or dodge so many attacks and what not are usually good influences. If its BS like hurr durr beat game with one bullet. I'll try it on another playthrough. But ya having 600/1000 at the end of playing a game doesn't bother me too much as a completionist. Now if its a game I really like I'll try for it. Last game I cheevie'd all the way was Lara Croft GoL since I loved the game and recent close cheevie'd was Bioshock 2 since I loved that as well.
Back to top Go down
Forgotten_Gamer
Forgotten_Gamer

PostSubject: Re: Official Cheevie-holic Thread!   Official Cheevie-holic Thread! EmptyMon 13 Sep 2010, 12:06 am

eh i play a game and then when i get a couple cheevos i say "hmmm i wonder what else" and go look. if they are easy ill do em but if not then i wont spend too much time.
Back to top Go down
shivertimbermike
shivertimbermike

PostSubject: Re: Official Cheevie-holic Thread!   Official Cheevie-holic Thread! EmptyMon 13 Sep 2010, 1:03 am

I tend to play through a game first and then once I am done, I will look at the cheevo list, see what I got, and will then jump back in and try out playing with the game in different ways to accomplish some more cheevos.

If I try to complete cheevos, there has to be some creativity/innovation in doing so, instead of doing monotonous and arbitrary tasks. I tend to finish games with 600-800 cheevos I think.

The game that is the most creative and has the best planned cheevos, I would say is Fable 2.

Apart from King Kong I haven't 100% any cheevoed games, but here is a list of game I would say are good for them:

Fable 2
Borderlands
Mass Effect 2
The Godfather 2
Fallout 3
Back to top Go down
FightingCanucks
Rookie Member
Rookie Member
FightingCanucks

PostSubject: Re: Official Cheevie-holic Thread!   Official Cheevie-holic Thread! EmptyMon 13 Sep 2010, 1:20 am

shivertimbermike wrote:
I tend to play through a game first and then once I am done, I will look at the cheevo list, see what I got, and will then jump back in and try out playing with the game in different ways to accomplish some more cheevos.

If I try to complete cheevos, there has to be some creativity/innovation in doing so, instead of doing monotonous and arbitrary tasks. I tend to finish games with 600-800 cheevos I think.

The game that is the most creative and has the best planned cheevos, I would say is Fable 2.

Apart from King Kong I haven't 100% any cheevoed games, but here is a list of game I would say are good for them:

Fable 2
Borderlands
Mass Effect 2
The Godfather 2
Fallout 3

The fuck? I've never heard of a "cheevo". I must not be hip anymore.

Anyway, I usually go for achievements in games, but I don't have to get all of them. If it's one of those insanely difficult/tedious achievements, I don't go through the trouble.
Back to top Go down
Rob_Keyes
DONATOR
DONATOR
Rob_Keyes

PostSubject: Re: Official Cheevie-holic Thread!   Official Cheevie-holic Thread! EmptyMon 13 Sep 2010, 1:48 am

Nothing "hip" about saying Cheevo. It is actually a pretty stupid way of saying Achievement anyways.

Back on subject.

I was pretty close to 100% on DW: Gundam 2. Until my ps3 died. This is one of those games where you can't pick it up fresh and get a specific trophy. I need to do EVERYTHING all over again. I will only get to about 90% anyways because there are stupid online trophies.

Fallout 3 will be my next one since those are stupid easy to get.

Then DA:O. That will just take some time.
Back to top Go down
Epic Fail Guy
Epic Fail Guy

PostSubject: Re: Official Cheevie-holic Thread!   Official Cheevie-holic Thread! EmptyTue 14 Sep 2010, 9:59 pm

I love achievements in general no matter how hard or easy they are.

I really like the ones, that reference something to do with other games movies etc... that i actually understand.

such as:

9 irony - bioshock 2, i really like that one.
Saved private ryan - CoD WaW
Not a Portal Reference -'Splosion Man

and others like those.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Cheevie-holic Thread!   Official Cheevie-holic Thread! Empty

Back to top Go down

Official Cheevie-holic Thread!
Page 1 of 1