Video Game Henchmen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're cheap and expendable.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Official Thread!

Go down 
+9
Obasanjo
Nventer
Sagamore
Superdave513
DantetheLegend
VGH_Jacob
VGH_Lance
VGH_Evan
Zombie Toast
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Zombie Toast
Zombie Toast

Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Official Thread! Empty
PostSubject: Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Official Thread!   Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Official Thread! EmptyTue 15 Feb 2011, 3:10 am

So, I just got it midnight! and I have been playing the crap out of it. Anybody else playing?
Back to top Go down
VGH_Evan
Administrator
Administrator
VGH_Evan

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Official Thread!   Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Official Thread! EmptyTue 15 Feb 2011, 10:07 am

I love the concept of fighting games more than I actually like playing them, I eventually want to get it but it's not a day 1 buy for me. But how is it? Are you liking it compared to 2?
Back to top Go down
Zombie Toast
Zombie Toast

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Official Thread!   Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Official Thread! EmptyTue 15 Feb 2011, 12:49 pm

I like it, it's not bad. Multiplayer is pissing me off though
Back to top Go down
VGH_Lance
Administrator
Administrator
VGH_Lance

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Official Thread!   Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Official Thread! EmptyTue 15 Feb 2011, 12:50 pm

Aye! It's pretty sweet. I like it, but only for the single player...multiplayer people seem to take it too hardcore if you ask me but either way the game deserves some credibility. Plus the characters are pretty sweet.
Back to top Go down
http://videogamehenchmen.com
VGH_Evan
Administrator
Administrator
VGH_Evan

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Official Thread!   Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Official Thread! EmptyTue 15 Feb 2011, 1:23 pm

Can you still pull off infinite combos?
Back to top Go down
VGH_Jacob
Administrator
Administrator
VGH_Jacob

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Official Thread!   Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Official Thread! EmptyTue 15 Feb 2011, 2:26 pm

I wanna give it a try but I'm not a huge fighting game fan so I probably won't buy it, at least not right away. I was hoping my brother would get it, but he's pretty slim on cash right now so I guess I won't be stealing his copy anytime soon. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.videogamehenchmen.com/
DantetheLegend
Unranked
Unranked

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Official Thread!   Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Official Thread! EmptyTue 15 Feb 2011, 8:42 pm

been playin the game for a while now and its damn near exactly like
tatsunoko. im not feeling this game at all right now becuase all it
reminds me of is why i stopped playing tatsunoko in the first place.

and wtf with the 3 buttons and a launcher button they carried over from tvc? this is so fuckin disappointing right now.
Back to top Go down
Superdave513
DONATOR
DONATOR
Superdave513

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Official Thread!   Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Official Thread! EmptyTue 15 Feb 2011, 8:44 pm

VGH_Evan wrote:
Can you still pull off infinite combos?

Infinites are already out of the question because after a certain point,
even if you do find one...character will go into dizzy spin state or no
damage will be taken if an infinite continues.

As long as there is no blatant overpowered-ness the game will be fine.
The only thing you have to worry about maybe is teams. But to think this
game especially with the 3v3 factor will be somewhat balanced like
SSF4...that's a joke.
Back to top Go down
Sagamore
Unranked
Unranked
Sagamore

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Official Thread!   Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Official Thread! EmptyTue 15 Feb 2011, 8:46 pm

The producers said that Phoenix is by far the strongest character they
have made in a Versus game. Dark Phoenix takes that and literally
doubles her power. However, in order to balance her out...they literally
gave her the lowest health in the game. Meaning she can die really
easily. So you basically have to run away and dont get hit.

I guess it's a way to balance her out...but I played against someone using her and she is FREAKIN nasty.
Back to top Go down
Nventer
Unranked
Unranked

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Official Thread!   Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Official Thread! EmptyTue 15 Feb 2011, 8:47 pm

Are the basic combos easy? Yeah they are. They look fancy, long, and make you feel like you're doing a lot of shit...but not always lead to ridiculous damage.

Do some combos give ridiculous HUGE damage? No, not unless you've nailed the advanced combos down. The combos in that vid above are not even advanced combos. Also there is a mixture of scrubbiness for most players who have leaked copy of this game...simply the defense is not there yet. So expect to get hit hard early on and lose. It's pretty basic.

My ONLY problem with the game is one thing:

Freakin "Sentinel". He's not like MVC2...but he still hits like a tank, still has his rocket punch into super, and the highest damage output. He is by far the best character in the game at this point HANDS DOWN. X-Factor + Sentinel = Dead in one combo if he touches you. No joke. Everything I've read about him has people agreeing that he is RIDICULOUS.

I thought the X-Factor was going to be a problem...but it's a one time thing in a match. It's not as ridiculous as I thought it would have been...unless your using Sentinel.

All in all...it's a tweener of MVC2 and TVC. It has the MVC2 mechanics and flow, mixed in with the TVC buttons plus a few mechanics from TVC.

Did I say Sentinel is ridiculous? Also, blocking is everything just like it was in MVC2.
Back to top Go down
Obasanjo
Unranked
Unranked
Obasanjo

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Official Thread!   Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Official Thread! EmptyTue 15 Feb 2011, 8:48 pm

i could see the sentinel thing coming a mile away. I already cant wait until they patch it.

Back to top Go down
Admiral_Awesome
Unranked
Unranked

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Official Thread!   Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Official Thread! EmptyTue 15 Feb 2011, 8:52 pm

I like it, compared to the old ones it's a good improvement although I wish they had some more characters...
Back to top Go down
VGH_Evan
Administrator
Administrator
VGH_Evan

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Official Thread!   Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Official Thread! EmptyWed 16 Feb 2011, 1:17 am

You guys have no idea how much my heart warms up to see everyone so active in the forums.
Back to top Go down
Zombie Toast
Zombie Toast

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Official Thread!   Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Official Thread! EmptyWed 16 Feb 2011, 1:21 am

lmao, I guess it's just one of those days Wink
Back to top Go down
KillerSwat
Unranked
Unranked

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Official Thread!   Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Official Thread! EmptyWed 16 Feb 2011, 1:29 am

I'm not big into fighting games, but when i got this game I still hate the genre. The character endings are pointless and meaningless. I mean there's no story whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
KnightoFone
Unranked
Unranked

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Official Thread!   Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Official Thread! EmptyWed 16 Feb 2011, 1:40 am

taskmaster is overpowered.
Back to top Go down
IMDREAMINGBIG
Unranked
Unranked
IMDREAMINGBIG

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Official Thread!   Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Official Thread! EmptyThu 17 Feb 2011, 5:32 pm

This game has been such a disappointment, I would think that it's pretty awesome but seems like it wasn't even that great for something that's been on development for 10 years. Super Street Fighter IV was better.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Official Thread!   Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Official Thread! Empty

Back to top Go down

Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Official Thread!
Page 1 of 1