Video Game Henchmen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're cheap and expendable.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Likes and Dislikes about COD: Black Ops

Go down 
+5
Mkilliaz
ToddyLingus
TheNameAlreadyExists
Zombie Toast
VGH_Jonathon
9 posters
AuthorMessage
VGH_Jonathon
Administrator
Administrator
VGH_Jonathon

Likes and Dislikes about COD: Black Ops Empty
PostSubject: Likes and Dislikes about COD: Black Ops   Likes and Dislikes about COD: Black Ops EmptyMon 15 Nov 2010, 9:15 pm

Well considering the game has been out for a couple of days now. What are your likes and dislikes about the game?

Here are my thoughts, the game is well balanced there are a few glitches that hopefully they will fix like when you run on concrete the footsteps sound cartoonish like if you were running faster than you are, the first couple hits on hit detection dont show up for me at times (and yes I am hitting them) and the guns sound like if you were making popcorn so I just silence them all. The maps are cool and they made them a lot less camp-friendly but there is alot of cover in the right spots, love the grenades in this game and love the RC Car and the Napalm strike, Ghost is a must for now due to all the spy planes being called in, I find the gas mask useless unless you are a hardcore camper so I wont be using it.

Back to top Go down
Zombie Toast
Zombie Toast

PostSubject: Re: Likes and Dislikes about COD: Black Ops   Likes and Dislikes about COD: Black Ops EmptyMon 15 Nov 2010, 9:19 pm

The ability to carry a claymore and semtex.
The ability to pick up and move a placed claymore
Chasing and harrassing people with RC cars is hella fun.

Dislikes

Spawning is still as horrible ever. Constanly shot in in the back when spawned.
No matter what I did the "Nuketown" map came up over and over and over again last night.
Back to top Go down
TheNameAlreadyExists
Unranked
Unranked
TheNameAlreadyExists

PostSubject: Re: Likes and Dislikes about COD: Black Ops   Likes and Dislikes about COD: Black Ops EmptyMon 15 Nov 2010, 9:21 pm

1. Guns feel better than ever. (hit detection & all that)

2. Graphics = slightly better than MW2.

3. All of the extensive customizations.

Dislikes

1. More Mercanary Modes Needed

2. More Wager Modes needed (ex. being able to use our own guns (classes) in a mode )

3. Camping is more intense than ever.

4. Reloading your gun is heard by everyone around you. (Ninja Pro doesn't matter)
EDIT: Correction - Ninja Pro does matter....It makes you completely silent.

5. RC cars are startin to get annoying..

6. Zombie mode is relatively the same as before gameplay wise...with just a few cosmetic changes.
Back to top Go down
ToddyLingus
Rookie Member
Rookie Member
ToddyLingus

PostSubject: Re: Likes and Dislikes about COD: Black Ops   Likes and Dislikes about COD: Black Ops EmptyMon 15 Nov 2010, 9:23 pm

Man I'm hearing so many varying things. I've read from some people the maps are pretty garbage and from others they are good. I've heard the graphics were crap (and definitely worse than MW2)

People harassing others with RC cars sounds hilarious. I can just picture in my head seeing someone that sees an RC car comin at them, and watching them turn around and sprint away haha.
Back to top Go down
Mkilliaz
Unranked
Unranked

PostSubject: Re: Likes and Dislikes about COD: Black Ops   Likes and Dislikes about COD: Black Ops EmptyMon 15 Nov 2010, 9:25 pm

i agree the graphics are not as good as mw2 and the guns are all ok i just got the aug bahr and by far it is my fave gun right now.the wager modes are hella fun when playing with friends and bankrupting them right before they win lol, rc car is the shit its funny to see ppl running away from it, and the maps are nice but they all look the same due to the color of the maps are pretty much the same. 8.0/10 untill they fix some of the issues.
Back to top Go down
VGH_Jacob
Administrator
Administrator
VGH_Jacob

PostSubject: Re: Likes and Dislikes about COD: Black Ops   Likes and Dislikes about COD: Black Ops EmptyMon 15 Nov 2010, 9:26 pm

Welcome to the forums Jonathon! Look forward to working with ya man. Anyways, my likes and dislikes.

- Single Player Campaign is by far my favorite of the bunch. The plot was well thought out, bringing in David Goyer certainly helped, the voice acting/mo-cap is some of the best in a CoD game, and the twists and turns along the way made it so much more memorable.

- Multiplayer seems to be the most balanced CoD that I've played. Spawns, for the most part, are fairly well placed. Killstreaks aren't overpowered like in MW2, no nukes! The guns, in my opinion, feel great and each one has its own give and take. Maps are some of my favorite in the series, being well thought out and not too big or small, Nuketown is a blast to play on.

- Also, I know it's aesthetic, but gun/reticle/emblem customization is one of my favorite additions to the game.

- Zombies is great, the little bit that I've played of it.

Dislikes:

- I have to agree, the footsteps in this game sound like a galloping horse, luckily I just slap on Ninja Pro and everything's good.

- Sniping isn't as bad as I thought it would be, but it still has its annoyances. I still think they should just take out that annoying random looking towards different corners thing.

- Joining a game with a party is atrocious. Hopefully Treyarch can patch the MP to at least make staying with your friends a little bit easier. As of now it's still about a 25% success rate of joining a game with a party of friends.

That's about it for now. Overall this still might be my favorite Call of Duty game. We'll see as I continue playing the game.

Last edited by VGH_Jacob on Mon 15 Nov 2010, 9:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.videogamehenchmen.com/
VGH_Jonathon
Administrator
Administrator
VGH_Jonathon

PostSubject: Re: Likes and Dislikes about COD: Black Ops   Likes and Dislikes about COD: Black Ops EmptyMon 15 Nov 2010, 9:28 pm

VGH_Jacob wrote:

- Joining a game with a party is atrocious. Hopefully Treyarch can patch the MP to at least make staying with your friends a little bit easier. As of now it's still about a 25% success rate of joining a game with a party of friends.

This is probably the WORSTbug the game has.

Thanks for the warm welcome.
Back to top Go down
BlackKnight
BlackKnight

PostSubject: Re: Likes and Dislikes about COD: Black Ops   Likes and Dislikes about COD: Black Ops EmptyMon 15 Nov 2010, 9:31 pm

(Some have already been mentioned)

Likes...
> New equipment slot and ability to move equipment after placing it.
> Wager matches.
> Crossbow! Best thing about the game but shame you can't have it as primary and get more bolts but without explosive tips.
> Perks; much more balanced and don't tip the scales either towards people with them or hinder people without.

Dislikes...
> Maps; some are a bit too small for the modes they are used in.
> Spawning; quite possible the worst I've ever seen on a COD game with the exception of shipment on COD4.
> Low level killstreaks; some like the napalm strike are way to overpowered for their requirement.
> Lag; even with max connection, I've seen horrible lag and others have said the same.
> Attachments aren't interchangeable; surely red dot sights are almost 100% universal in real life(unless this is already a feature and I've missed it).

However my main gripe, as with all COD games, is that you need scavenger to pick up extra ammo. To make it a bit more fair, if you see an M16 on the floor and you already have one, you should be able to take the ammo. Obviously you shouldn't be able to wander around with a crossbow and replenish the ammo with a dead enemy's PSG1.
Back to top Go down
Rob_Keyes
DONATOR
DONATOR
Rob_Keyes

PostSubject: Re: Likes and Dislikes about COD: Black Ops   Likes and Dislikes about COD: Black Ops EmptyMon 15 Nov 2010, 9:39 pm

I agree with Knight, the napalm is a little too strong for 5 kill streak. (which is why I always use it )

I'm surprised of so many people (including the posts here) saying that the graphics are worse than MW2. I've heard this in-game too.

I find it mind boggling. The graphics to me are definitely an improvement over MW2.

For instance NukeTown. How could you say the graphics on that map are worse than MW2 ?

Back to top Go down
Superdave513
DONATOR
DONATOR
Superdave513

PostSubject: Re: Likes and Dislikes about COD: Black Ops   Likes and Dislikes about COD: Black Ops EmptyMon 15 Nov 2010, 9:40 pm

Dislikes: Party break in MP and no one joining a game in progress thats 3v3 on Array.
Back to top Go down
VGH_Jacob
Administrator
Administrator
VGH_Jacob

PostSubject: Re: Likes and Dislikes about COD: Black Ops   Likes and Dislikes about COD: Black Ops EmptyMon 15 Nov 2010, 9:41 pm

I agree, I think people are really hating on the graphics. Personally, I think they look better than Modern Warfare 2, it's just a different style I think. I don't know, everyone has their own eye for graphics so it's really up to the player.
Back to top Go down
http://www.videogamehenchmen.com/
VGH_Jonathon
Administrator
Administrator
VGH_Jonathon

PostSubject: Re: Likes and Dislikes about COD: Black Ops   Likes and Dislikes about COD: Black Ops EmptyWed 17 Nov 2010, 2:51 pm

Yeah, I think people should not judge a game by it's graphics alone. There are a lot of factors that go into making a game and they should take that into consideration before just judging it based on it's graphics.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Likes and Dislikes about COD: Black Ops   Likes and Dislikes about COD: Black Ops Empty

Back to top Go down

Likes and Dislikes about COD: Black Ops
Page 1 of 1