Video Game Henchmen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're cheap and expendable.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Game Rental Sites?

Go down 
+3
Forgotten_Gamer
IMDREAMINGBIG
Outlawed
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Outlawed
Unranked
Unranked
Outlawed

Game Rental Sites? Empty
PostSubject: Game Rental Sites?   Game Rental Sites? EmptyWed 09 Feb 2011, 10:34 pm

Any recommendations for game rental sites? I have not heard very good things about Gamefly, mostly that you can't get any popular games.

Back to top Go down
IMDREAMINGBIG
Unranked
Unranked
IMDREAMINGBIG

Game Rental Sites? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Rental Sites?   Game Rental Sites? EmptyWed 09 Feb 2011, 10:38 pm

Game Rental Sites? 1266386812073
Back to top Go down
Forgotten_Gamer
Forgotten_Gamer

Game Rental Sites? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Rental Sites?   Game Rental Sites? EmptyWed 09 Feb 2011, 10:39 pm

It all depends on how you have your game queue setup.
Back to top Go down
Claustrophobic Clown
Rookie Member
Rookie Member
Claustrophobic Clown

Game Rental Sites? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Rental Sites?   Game Rental Sites? EmptyWed 09 Feb 2011, 10:40 pm

I have been with Gamefly for a few years now and I have to say that their service is pretty great. In the beginning I had trouble getting titles the week that they came out but it has gotten better with time. They used to have a lot smaller distribution system with only a few warehouses across the country. It would take up to a week to get my games once I put them in the queue. Now they have expanded and sometimes I get the game the next day. It depends on where you live though. I like using Gamefly for games I don't know if I will like. If they suck I can send them back the next day. They also have decent prices on used games because they have some many copies. It beats Gamestop.
Back to top Go down
FightingCanucks
Rookie Member
Rookie Member
FightingCanucks

Game Rental Sites? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Rental Sites?   Game Rental Sites? EmptyWed 09 Feb 2011, 10:42 pm

I use LoveFilm here in the UK which recently got bought out by Amazon where you can rent DVD's, Blu-Rays and games. You can also stream to the PS3 and on their website but they charge extra for good films. You can get some older comedy films like Wedding Singer and Hot Fuzz streamed and action ones like Lord of War but that's about it. The PS3 service is brand new in the last few weeks so they're working on what's available.

I don't really use it as I should, I pay around £10 a month whereby I can rent 1 disk at a time for as long as I want. I've had Windtalkers on rent since August so needless to say, I could have just bought the blu-ray a few times over by now. The post is also getting worse but that could be either LoveFilm or the mail. I used to have a 2 disk at a time package but I wasn't using it and got to the point where I cancelled my account for a year. I'm on the verge of that now because I just don't have time to watch a film now with work, I'm just using it to see every episode of CSI:NY from the start.

I've heard rumours online that Netflix are due to invade the UK market soon so I'm hopeful that they will provide a better streaming service that may even find it's way onto the xbox.
Back to top Go down
Joemama
Rookie Member
Rookie Member
Joemama

Game Rental Sites? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Rental Sites?   Game Rental Sites? EmptyWed 09 Feb 2011, 10:43 pm

Gamefly is pretty hit and miss when it comes to service. It literally takes a week when you send a game back, and when you'll receive the next one in your queue. It almost requires you to do the 2-games out at a time plan. Sometimes I wonder why I get sent the games they send me as well. For example I just got Fallout 3 which was behind three other games with high availability and five medium availability games. I'm probably going to cancel it after this months subscription because I don't really have the time with school, but I also find myself only being able to get games I want about three months after their release. I'll probably start it up in the Summer again though.
Back to top Go down
Nventer
Unranked
Unranked

Game Rental Sites? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Rental Sites?   Game Rental Sites? EmptyWed 09 Feb 2011, 10:44 pm

Gamefly is the best! I have had it for 6 years now, and have had no problems. Ship them in, wate 1 day then you get the next one your list. It almost always only takes 1 day its cool, they have like a barcode like netflix that notifies gamefly when the mail women or man picks them up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Game Rental Sites? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Rental Sites?   Game Rental Sites? Empty

Back to top Go down

Game Rental Sites?
Page 1 of 1