Video Game Henchmen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're cheap and expendable.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Scariest game you have ever played?

Go down 
+6
VGH_Jacob
VGH_Lance
VGH_John
Rob_Keyes
Forgotten_Gamer
RawlerBrawler
10 posters
AuthorMessage
RawlerBrawler
DONATOR
DONATOR
RawlerBrawler

Scariest game you have ever played? Empty
PostSubject: Scariest game you have ever played?   Scariest game you have ever played? EmptySat 26 Jun 2010, 7:29 pm

I was playing Dead Space last night after months of not doing so and some parts of it still scared the crap out of me, which got me wondering what the scariest game ever is and why - what are your thoughts? The early Silent Hill and Resident Evil games or newer stuff such as the F.E.A.R series, Condemned, Alan Wake etc?
Back to top Go down
Forgotten_Gamer
Forgotten_Gamer

PostSubject: Re: Scariest game you have ever played?   Scariest game you have ever played? EmptySat 26 Jun 2010, 7:36 pm

I would say the scariest game I have ever played would be....Clock tower for Ps2.
Back to top Go down
Rob_Keyes
DONATOR
DONATOR
Rob_Keyes

PostSubject: Re: Scariest game you have ever played?   Scariest game you have ever played? EmptySat 26 Jun 2010, 8:07 pm

I would probably say Parasite Eve just for the fact that people randomly spontaneously melt down from a girl singing. Scary shit!
Back to top Go down
VGH_John
VGH_John

PostSubject: Re: Scariest game you have ever played?   Scariest game you have ever played? EmptySat 26 Jun 2010, 8:43 pm

Well I'm kind of a wimp so I haven't played very many scary games. This past year though I played though Condemned and it terrified me. Lance was laughing his ass off as I screamed like a little girl. Ahh, good times. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
VGH_Lance
Administrator
Administrator
VGH_Lance

PostSubject: Re: Scariest game you have ever played?   Scariest game you have ever played? EmptySat 26 Jun 2010, 9:38 pm

VGH_John wrote:
Well I'm kind of a wimp so I haven't played very many scary games. This past year though I played though Condemned and it terrified me. Lance was laughing his ass off as I screamed like a little girl. Ahh, good times. Crying or Very sad

Wouldn't that be a good video feed at Justin.tv?

But on my side, I really like the Silent Hill games, considering that it is slowly deteriorating as the years go by. The Silent Hill franchise seems to be losing it's touch but as one of the leading survival horror games in the market, they cannot help but make a sequel out of it and as a sucker for survival horror...I would probably end up getting it.
Back to top Go down
http://videogamehenchmen.com
VGH_Jacob
Administrator
Administrator
VGH_Jacob

PostSubject: Re: Scariest game you have ever played?   Scariest game you have ever played? EmptySat 26 Jun 2010, 10:53 pm

Dead Space is a great game. I have to say, playing Alan Wake with a gaming headset was one of the most terrifying, heart pounding, and engrossing things I have ever experienced. The sound design of that game is brilliant and the pacing is some of the best I've ever witnessed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.videogamehenchmen.com/
Forgotten_Gamer
Forgotten_Gamer

PostSubject: Re: Scariest game you have ever played?   Scariest game you have ever played? EmptySat 26 Jun 2010, 11:07 pm

I do have to admit, Alan Wake is pretty scary but I would have liked to see more from it.

Perhaps, a little more blood?
Back to top Go down
VGH_Jacob
Administrator
Administrator
VGH_Jacob

PostSubject: Re: Scariest game you have ever played?   Scariest game you have ever played? EmptySat 26 Jun 2010, 11:13 pm

Yeah, I'm guessing they wanted that T rating so that they could appeal to a wider audience.
Back to top Go down
Forgotten_Gamer
Forgotten_Gamer

PostSubject: Re: Scariest game you have ever played?   Scariest game you have ever played? EmptySat 26 Jun 2010, 11:18 pm

When is the first chapter DLC coming out for Alan Wake coming out anyways? Does anyone know?
Back to top Go down
VGH_Jacob
Administrator
Administrator
VGH_Jacob

PostSubject: Re: Scariest game you have ever played?   Scariest game you have ever played? EmptySat 26 Jun 2010, 11:21 pm

I'm pretty sure it is going to be released on July 27th for free to everyone who bought the game new, and for $7 to everyone else.
Back to top Go down
Superdave513
DONATOR
DONATOR
Superdave513

PostSubject: Re: Scariest game you have ever played?   Scariest game you have ever played? EmptySat 26 Jun 2010, 11:31 pm

I can't wait for that expansion. I wonder what new twist they will add to keep the audience gamer more interested in playing...

any ideas?

I bet, Alan Wake is mentally unstable and that he sees all these darkness people but they are only normal people and he is going into this killing spree thats why that FBI agent is after him.
Back to top Go down
VGH_Jacob
Administrator
Administrator
VGH_Jacob

PostSubject: Re: Scariest game you have ever played?   Scariest game you have ever played? EmptySat 26 Jun 2010, 11:35 pm

Dude, what a twist! I've actually heard that the new DLC deals with Alan Wake's mental state and hints that he may be going a little bit crazy. It should be interesting to see where they take the story next, because that was one of my favorite parts of Alan Wake, the crazy Steven King novel type story.
Back to top Go down
Superdave513
DONATOR
DONATOR
Superdave513

PostSubject: Re: Scariest game you have ever played?   Scariest game you have ever played? EmptySat 26 Jun 2010, 11:38 pm

As M. Night Shymalan would say:

Scariest game you have ever played? What_a_twist
Back to top Go down
RawlerBrawler
DONATOR
DONATOR
RawlerBrawler

PostSubject: Re: Scariest game you have ever played?   Scariest game you have ever played? EmptySat 26 Jun 2010, 11:43 pm

HAHAHAHA, Shamalamadingdong.

I can't wait also for Alan Wake's twist!
Back to top Go down
Forgotten_Gamer
Forgotten_Gamer

PostSubject: Re: Scariest game you have ever played?   Scariest game you have ever played? EmptySun 27 Jun 2010, 8:57 am

LOL.
Back to top Go down
Magnum Force
Magnum Force

PostSubject: Re: Scariest game you have ever played?   Scariest game you have ever played? EmptySun 27 Jun 2010, 10:47 am

Sire:Blood curse is pretty god damn scary. When I played that game, I think I freaked out every single time something came up at me.

Scariest game you have ever played? Siren%20Blood%20Curse%20%28570%20x%20321%29
Back to top Go down
VGH_Jacob
Administrator
Administrator
VGH_Jacob

PostSubject: Re: Scariest game you have ever played?   Scariest game you have ever played? EmptySun 27 Jun 2010, 12:39 pm

Ooh I was thinking about getting Siren: Blood Curse. If I ending up getting it, maybe I'll do a live playthrough or something.
Back to top Go down
RawlerBrawler
DONATOR
DONATOR
RawlerBrawler

PostSubject: Re: Scariest game you have ever played?   Scariest game you have ever played? EmptySun 27 Jun 2010, 3:21 pm

You should, I think that's a great idea.

Back to top Go down
Magnum Force
Magnum Force

PostSubject: Re: Scariest game you have ever played?   Scariest game you have ever played? EmptySun 27 Jun 2010, 11:01 pm

Just be sure to play it at night, with all the doors closed and your room pitch black.

LOL, I look forward to hear your SCREAMS!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Rob_Keyes
DONATOR
DONATOR
Rob_Keyes

PostSubject: Re: Scariest game you have ever played?   Scariest game you have ever played? EmptySun 27 Jun 2010, 11:43 pm

Oh gosh, I can't wait to hear you guys screaming. I always love watching people play video games and hearing them scream it always cracks me up. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Forgotten_Gamer
Forgotten_Gamer

PostSubject: Re: Scariest game you have ever played?   Scariest game you have ever played? EmptyMon 28 Jun 2010, 12:02 am

You know what would be scary..

Scariest game you have ever played? Scariest_title
Back to top Go down
VGH_David
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Doom 3   Scariest game you have ever played? EmptyMon 28 Jun 2010, 3:49 am

Doom 3 for the PC, hands down. I almost wet myself on multiple occasions. It was such a beautifully scary game.

I played it at night a few times, and decided I was done losing sleep because of the fucking demon that kept jumping out at me.

It was the flashlight that bothered me. You couldn't have your gun out while you had the flashlight out. I hated it. Plus there were those missions where it would die....

What annoyed me most about the scariness of the game, was that sometimes NOTHING would happen. I would be expecting demon portal of death to pop up, and I would get a fan casually spinning.

Gay.
Back to top Go down
Forgotten_Gamer
Forgotten_Gamer

PostSubject: Re: Scariest game you have ever played?   Scariest game you have ever played? EmptyMon 28 Jun 2010, 3:03 pm

VGH_David wrote:
Doom 3 for the PC, hands down. I almost wet myself on multiple occasions. It was such a beautifully scary game.

I played it at night a few times, and decided I was done losing sleep because of the fucking demon that kept jumping out at me.

It was the flashlight that bothered me. You couldn't have your gun out while you had the flashlight out. I hated it. Plus there were those missions where it would die....

What annoyed me most about the scariness of the game, was that sometimes NOTHING would happen. I would be expecting demon portal of death to pop up, and I would get a fan casually spinning.

Gay.

Dude, Doom is sooooo scary. It's probably up and up there for the scariest game ever made.
Back to top Go down
Superdave513
DONATOR
DONATOR
Superdave513

PostSubject: Re: Scariest game you have ever played?   Scariest game you have ever played? EmptyMon 28 Jun 2010, 3:33 pm

I do have to admit Doom, is pretty gosh darn scary.
Back to top Go down
BlackKnight
BlackKnight

PostSubject: Re: Scariest game you have ever played?   Scariest game you have ever played? EmptyMon 28 Jun 2010, 10:16 pm

Bioshock was pretty scary when it first came out, but Dead Space for sure is one of the scariest ones.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scariest game you have ever played?   Scariest game you have ever played? Empty

Back to top Go down

Scariest game you have ever played?
Page 1 of 1