Video Game Henchmen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're cheap and expendable.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is your favorite video game genre?

Go down 
+4
Forgotten_Gamer
BlackKnight
RawlerBrawler
VGH_Jacob
8 posters
AuthorMessage
VGH_Jacob
Administrator
Administrator
VGH_Jacob

What is your favorite video game genre? Empty
PostSubject: What is your favorite video game genre?   What is your favorite video game genre? EmptySat 26 Jun 2010, 11:43 pm

Personally, I've grown to love RPG's over the past couple of years, specifically games like the Mass Effect series, Alpha Protocol and Fallout 3, which I guess could be classified more as an Action/Adventure/RPG more than anything else. Of course I will always have a soft spot for FPS's as well, but those eventually become too similar to each other. So, what are you guys favorite genres?
Back to top Go down
http://www.videogamehenchmen.com/
RawlerBrawler
DONATOR
DONATOR
RawlerBrawler

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite video game genre?   What is your favorite video game genre? EmptySat 26 Jun 2010, 11:48 pm

I really like survival horror genres, but lately there has been a really slow production rate for them but after E3 I am glad to see that there is an up spike of games that will come out with the theme like Fear 3 and Silent Hill 8. On the other hand, I also like third person shooters and I cannot wait for Gears of War 3. With that in mind, third person + FPS will be Fallout: New vegas.
Back to top Go down
BlackKnight
BlackKnight

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite video game genre?   What is your favorite video game genre? EmptySun 27 Jun 2010, 1:03 am

FPS is my favorite, but there are only so many things you can do with FPS so I wish they can actually enhance it a little bit more, so you can be able to do more moves or something.
Back to top Go down
Forgotten_Gamer
Forgotten_Gamer

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite video game genre?   What is your favorite video game genre? EmptySun 27 Jun 2010, 8:44 am

hmmmmmm...I like how the genres these days are actually combining themselves to make a hybrid genre. Like, Fear with the survival horror FPS or Alpha Protocol a 3rd person RPG. I wonder what they will come up with in the upcoming years. I'm pretty excited on how the gaming industry is actually evolving in front of our eyes. It's almost scary to think about it, but still you can't ignore the elephant in the room thinking about it.
Back to top Go down
Magnum Force
Magnum Force

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite video game genre?   What is your favorite video game genre? EmptySun 27 Jun 2010, 11:04 pm

I like FPS, it's just something within it I cannot really point out. I just like the feeling of being the person and seeing my hands and what I'm holding and when I'm turning it's like turning my body 360 degrees. I also like it when there are cutscenes like modern warfare 2 that puts me in the position of the character. This is why I am looking forward to those upcoming FPS titles!
Back to top Go down
BlackKnight
BlackKnight

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite video game genre?   What is your favorite video game genre? EmptySun 27 Jun 2010, 11:22 pm

I'm really looking forward to the new Call of Duty and Medal of Honors. They look promising.
Back to top Go down
Rob_Keyes
DONATOR
DONATOR
Rob_Keyes

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite video game genre?   What is your favorite video game genre? EmptySun 27 Jun 2010, 11:40 pm

Eh, the Call of Duty seems to be the same as the Modern Warfare one but I guess it doesn't matter as long as it tells an epic story of heroism. Medal of Honor on the other hand, seems to be something that is in my interest for quite some time. I gotta got check that out when it comes out. If you really like FPS though, you should check out this up in coming game called "Sniper: Ghost Warrior".

What is your favorite video game genre? 51CgnmeBPjL
Back to top Go down
VGH_John
VGH_John

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite video game genre?   What is your favorite video game genre? EmptyMon 28 Jun 2010, 3:09 am

The Medal of Honor multiplayer is being made by DICE. The same guys who brought you bad company 2 multiplayer. By the way if you haven't played Battlefield Bad Company 2 go rent it. DICE does a great job in that multiplayer so Im guessing that the Medal of Honor multi will be just as good. Then there is Sniper Ghost Warrior which is being sold at $40 right off the bat. *Finally a company that understands how to market their game*

Medal of Honor beta is going on now for the people who either own Battlefield bad company 2 or if you preorder Medal of Honor.
Back to top Go down
Forgotten_Gamer
Forgotten_Gamer

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite video game genre?   What is your favorite video game genre? EmptyMon 28 Jun 2010, 3:10 pm

VGH_John wrote:
The Medal of Honor multiplayer is being made by DICE. The same guys who brought you bad company 2 multiplayer. By the way if you haven't played Battlefield Bad Company 2 go rent it. DICE does a great job in that multiplayer so Im guessing that the Medal of Honor multi will be just as good. Then there is Sniper Ghost Warrior which is being sold at $40 right off the bat. *Finally a company that understands how to market their game*

Medal of Honor beta is going on now for the people who either own Battlefield bad company 2 or if you preorder Medal of Honor.

Oh man, that's sketchy thought that they would release a game for 40$. I mean, what makes it different from all the other games that costs 60?
Back to top Go down
VGH_John
VGH_John

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite video game genre?   What is your favorite video game genre? EmptyMon 28 Jun 2010, 3:27 pm

Well its not your average sniping game. This is a sniper simulator. You have to factor in all the things that a real sniper would factor in. Meaning there will be no 360 jumping headshots like in other fps games. I think that the main reason why it is only $40 is that is only has 16 missions. Now Im not sure how long each mission is but that seems pretty short. There is also a multiplayer aspect to this game so I would say that it is $40 based on marketing so people will actually pick this game up. Yes it seems fishy but in the end I would much rather pay $40 on a game than $60.
Back to top Go down
Superdave513
DONATOR
DONATOR
Superdave513

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite video game genre?   What is your favorite video game genre? EmptyMon 28 Jun 2010, 3:32 pm

Now, if it's crappy that's another story Razz.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite video game genre?   What is your favorite video game genre? Empty

Back to top Go down

What is your favorite video game genre?
Page 1 of 1